Club memberships

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So clear something up for me. Are you pushing that only "club" members should be allowed to ride on crown lands? What if there is no club maintained trails in an area? I certainly hope that you people are not pushing the government to do this. The only people that are "freeloaders" as you call them are those that use club maintained trails, cabins, etc without buying a trail pass. Other than that, people should be able to ride on crown land without belonging to a club. If you want to belong to a club, good for you, but don't be pushing your agenda on all Albertans. Not everyone uses club trails or cabins, or wants to belong to a club. You don't have the right to try to say who can or cannot ride on Alberta crown lands, they belong to everyone, not just club members. If you want to insist people buy a trail pass to ride on club maintained groomed trails, I agree with that because grooming and such isn't free, but in areas with none of those things, anyone should be able to ride there. Please clarify your statement "we need to pressure the non-joiners to step up". By the way, before you start bad mouthing me, I do have a trail pass, although I haven't ridden on ONE club maintained trail so far this year, and may not.

good point.

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am also very active in the club... I have been on the executive for the last 3 years, and have been a member for the last 16 years. I also spend countless hours in the fall working on the groomers, as well as trail cleaning in the early winter. I spent 8 weekend ( with the odd day in between ) building a new cabin on the microwave. I also sit on the community resource board that makes recommendations to the gov't on land uses... ( RAMP )

I also really wish that all the local sledders would just buy a membership... even if they can't put in the time the financial support would go a long way.

nice cabin.

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a director with the Whitecourt Trailblazers and a healthy membership of just under 300 and it always seems to be the same 20 guys and girls tackling the projects and meetings. Becomes very frustrating at times.
Very thankful for the active members we do have!

riverrider

Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me pwoderpilot. So you think it is pefectly ok to make such a blatant lie trying to make yourself look better, then when busted you try and turn it into my fault. You put on a public form a big deception and you expect no one to say anything or say that i'm making it personal or it should not be disscussed here. Wrong. As mantis said that was my first post so it is not possiable for me to be trying to get credit were credit is not do. But you are and that is shameful. You tried to make up another lie by saying that you just found out at the last meeting that you are not on the exc anymore, and that is not true also. You have never been on the exc ever. So you put your hand up to be a volenteer wonderfulbut you have only been riding for, if 5 years(not since you were five like you claim,another deception) so how would you know who has done what in this club. There are people that deserve way more credit and there not on here looking for a pat on the back. Without some members there would be no club and you have the nerve to make up stories. And thank-you mantis for bring up that pp goes to all the meetings fore there seems to be alittle problem with eveyone being contacted for the meeting and events. PP mentions that people want to have this mountian to there own and pp is right for some reason members of this club never get invites to meeting or events and it is the some members all the time. So you see there is alittle group that just wants certian people in this club and that is unexceptable. And yes, at the last meeting these people made shure that there contact info was up to date and the club had the right contact info so why are these people being left out all the time,HMMMM. And the people of this club have always been happy to have out-of-town riders come to there riding area it's just that most of the members are happy that they have this quite little peice of heaven in there backyards and want to keep it like that. The club decied to protect not promote but some think that that is not the way to go and continue to do what they want. This is a club had no problems untill recentley and as mantis pointed out we need to get along but it won't be possiable if people continue to do what they want.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me pwoderpilot. So you think it is pefectly ok to make such a blatant lie trying to make yourself look better, then when busted you try and turn it into my fault. You put on a public form a big deception and you expect no one to say anything or say that i'm making it personal or it should not be disscussed here. Wrong. As mantis said that was my first post so it is not possiable for me to be trying to get credit were credit is not do. But you are and that is shameful. You tried to make up another lie by saying that you just found out at the last meeting that you are not on the exc anymore, and that is not true also. You have never been on the exc ever. So you put your hand up to be a volenteer wonderfulbut you have only been riding for, if 5 years(not since you were five like you claim,another deception) so how would you know who has done what in this club. There are people that deserve way more credit and there not on here looking for a pat on the back. Without some members there would be no club and you have the nerve to make up stories. And thank-you mantis for bring up that pp goes to all the meetings fore there seems to be alittle problem with eveyone being contacted for the meeting and events. PP mentions that people want to have this mountian to there own and pp is right for some reason members of this club never get invites to meeting or events and it is the some members all the time. So you see there is alittle group that just wants certian people in this club and that is unexceptable. And yes, at the last meeting these people made shure that there contact info was up to date and the club had the right contact info so why are these people being left out all the time,HMMMM. And the people of this club have always been happy to have out-of-town riders come to there riding area it's just that most of the members are happy that they have this quite little peice of heaven in there backyards and want to keep it like that. The club decied to protect not promote but some think that that is not the way to go and continue to do what they want. This is a club had no problems untill recentley and as mantis pointed out we need to get along but it won't be possiable if people continue to do what they want.

riverrider, it sounds like you have something personal against powderpilot and you're trying to use a public forum to humilliate her. Not cool.:nono::nono:
Is there something you'd wish to share about your club or organization?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
riverrider, the only 3 posts you've made have been in this thread, bashing Powderpilot... there is a whole other forum for you to explore and enjoy... unless your only purpose on this site is to try to internet bully another member who actively contributes to the entire site and sport..... Keep going.. you're just proving your character, post by post..

we'll be sure to watch for your posts.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with any club member, or any person for that matter... If someone has a problem with me that's their problem, not mine.

No one has been left off of the email list or off of the sponsor list on the website, despite complaints that companies are on there that haven't done anything for the club lately. I don't think it hurts the club to support the people that have supported us, past and present. Not sure why some people aren't getting the emails, you might want to check your spam filter.

Not that I need to defend myself, or that anyone cares, but I did have a 49cc Kitty Cat when I was 5... With a leopard print seat :)

MenzToys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.menztoys.com
Club memberships

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just curious as too how many people that are members of a club and how many peeps are actively involved instead of just sitting back and letting
everyone else do the work....

This is what this thread started as,but seems to be getting off topic. I am a member of Castlegar Snowmobile Assc. executive and would like to thank Powderpilot[Amy] for the volunteer work she does for the CSA,she is an asset to our club. Riverrider whom ever you are,by your posts are attacking her personally which is not right. If you have issues with the club then come to the meetings.If you were at the AGM you would know the membership wanted a website which Powderpilot volunteered to do,and I don't remember anyone else wanting to do it or objecting to it.Every member with an email on their membership form is sent a message about the meetings and before our last AGM I personally phoned members with no email.If the only meeting you were at was our last one when the president[Mantis] resigned and you bought your membership so you could attend because as a non-member you weren't invited,then thank-you for the extra $15 for joining after January 1.The club did not decide to protect rather than promote,it was decided to not link to Facebook and not link the club to other sites,done. Yes in the past many volunteer hours and funds went into the development of the CSA which we are thankful for,but we must move forward and be united as our management agreement is up for review by Nov.21,2013.I moved back to Castlegar in 2003 and got involved with the club,when the current management agreement was first made on Nov.21,2003,with a big thank-you to WayneM[not me] for all the work he did to make it happen. In 2003 this club was about to fold,but with a new president [WayneM] and some hard work things started to change for the better,in 2004 Graham[mantis] took over as president as [WayneM] stepped aside for personal reasons but continued to help wherever he could.Since then this club has grown to 210 members this year,with a Br180 cat and a new custom built mogul master drag,renovated the Ladybird cabin and planning a facelift to the Shaw cabin,and funds in the bank. Again thank-you to the past and present volunteers as with out them this club would not function,which was what this thread was about. Call 250-304-7920 if you want to discuss the activities and future of the CSA. thx wayne

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Club memberships

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just curious as too how many people that are members of a club and how many peeps are actively involved instead of just sitting back and letting
everyone else do the work....

This is what this thread started as,but seems to be getting off topic. I am a member of Castlegar Snowmobile Assc. executive and would like to thank Powderpilot[Amy] for the volunteer work she does for the CSA,she is an asset to our club. Riverrider whom ever you are,by your posts are attacking her personally which is not right. If you have issues with the club then come to the meetings.If you were at the AGM you would know the membership wanted a website which Powderpilot volunteered to do,and I don't remember anyone else wanting to do it or objecting to it.Every member with an email on their membership form is sent a message about the meetings and before our last AGM I personally phoned members with no email.If the only meeting you were at was our last one when the president[Mantis] resigned and you bought your membership so you could attend because as a non-member you weren't invited,then thank-you for the extra $15 for joining after January 1.The club did not decide to protect rather than promote,it was decided to not link to Facebook and not link the club to other sites,done. Yes in the past many volunteer hours and funds went into the development of the CSA which we are thankful for,but we must move forward and be united as our management agreement is up for review by Nov.21,2013.I moved back to Castlegar in 2003 and got involved with the club,when the current management agreement was first made on Nov.21,2003,with a big thank-you to WayneM[not me] for all the work he did to make it happen. In 2003 this club was about to fold,but with a new president [WayneM] and some hard work things started to change for the better,in 2004 Graham[mantis] took over as president as [WayneM] stepped aside for personal reasons but continued to help wherever he could.Since then this club has grown to 210 members this year,with a Br180 cat and a new custom built mogul master drag,renovated the Ladybird cabin and planning a facelift to the Shaw cabin,and funds in the bank. Again thank-you to the past and present volunteers as with out them this club would not function,which was what this thread was about. Call 250-304-7920 if you want to discuss the activities and future of the CSA. thx wayne

well put its just sad that the amount of people out there do nothing but complain how the clubs are run and yet they have never been to a meeting to find out the issues do i make all our club meetings no ... two reasons work kinda keeps me tied up in summer and its tough to jump in the car and drive two hours for a meeting drive back ...winter its a lot easier and i get an extra day of sledding .... summer is tough for helping out as well but once my work season is over i help out when i can ...

Rideguy

Reaction score

My name is Justin. I was on the executive as vice president for the Castlegar Snowmobile Association (C.S.A.) for 1 year. After that a position was created for me as an approved website coordinator by the executive for the C.S.A. and it's members.

Amy and I have been working with the C.S.A. executive as a team for some time and everything done has been approved by the C.S.A. Executive. I don't know or care what "title" or "executive position" this may or may not hold in the C.S.A. executive because we volunteer..... So why do you seem to care so much?

So what is your problem?

Titles and status?
Lack of recognition?
Volunteers?
Freedom of speech?
Factual history?

It has taken a lot of effort to make the C.S.A. what it is today by a lot of volunteers past and present. The C.S.A. has done an amazing job from the beginning up until now!! Everyone deserves our appreciation and recognition. Everyone's time is worth money. Is this what being a volunteer is all about? I think not.....

Where would we be without volunteers like P.P. and yourselves who never ask for anything in return?

The Association did not have a vote on protect or promote so why are you lying?

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personal issues are to be dealt with face to face not here on this site. You have issues deal with it somewhere else. Lets get back to the topic and not pick on each other.

Thanks MODS will be watching.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks!!! I have sent several emails to moderators voicing my concerns about this thread. Snow and Mud has been an awesome resource for me, and a fun place to social network and meet other sledders. I do not feel it should be used as an outlet for people to partake in some form of harassment where they can hide behind an alias with zero accountability.

Top Bottom