Billet driveshaft fix

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well today i built some clamps to clamp over the driveshaft to strengthen around the area where its breaking. They can be installed on both sides, and while the shaft is on the sled, here are some pics. There available at Parkland Motorsports for $70. If the glue does fail this clamp will keep it together.
pix2.jpg fix3.jpg fix1.jpg fix 4.jpg

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well today i built some clamps to clamp over the driveshaft to strengthen around the area where its breaking. They can be installed on both sides, and while the shaft is on the sled, here are some pics. There available at Parkland Motorsports for $70. If the glue does fail this clamp will keep it together.
View attachment 141739View attachment 141740View attachment 141738View attachment 141741

Now those are incredible..... get ready to make a boatload.....lol

f150truck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good, thats the right idea but may cause a vibration due to being unbalanced.

Would be better if made as two identical halfs then bolted together. So that bolts are across from one another.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You cant make them the same unless you want to slide the part on and remove the shaft but to install on the machine it got to be this way. But there is the same surface area on both sides just shaped different and with the track and what not acting on the shaft i dont think balance is an issue either but either way it is within a few grams so cant see it being a problem

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
You cant make them the same unless you want to slide the part on and remove the shaft but to install on the machine it got to be this way. But there is the same surface area on both sides just shaped different and with the track and what not acting on the shaft i dont think balance is an issue either but either way it is within a few grams so cant see it being a problem

Contacted by Polaris yet?........lol

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks great Tyson, I have to ask though, in the photo they are not mounted in place, you did this just to show the fit and then moved them after right? The stub does not go into the shaft that far and where the clamp is located in the photo it will not help at all, I am guessing you know that and just moved it down to show it better in the photo.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks great Tyson, I have to ask though, in the photo they are not mounted in place, you did this just to show the fit and then moved them after right? The stub does not go into the shaft that far and where the clamp is located in the photo it will not help at all, I am guessing you know that and just moved it down to show it better in the photo.

ya proper installation would be right on the edge between the 2 peaces. I was actually using a destroyed shaft so it actually the other side 2 or you can put them on both side.

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks great, they are going to go like hot cakes . I will be calling parkland for a pair for sure.

sledhead80

Reaction score
Very nice!!! Now that looks like a proper fix!! Unlike some other fix I've seen! You better have a bunch because im sure they will go quick! Good Job!!!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I'm sure it will hold till the update!

Top Bottom