BC off road registration for out of province users ?

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The email that was sent to Tyler from the lady ICBC is not what the law says. As it says we need a non-resident operatin permit. Next we know it, were going to need a permit to drive in that province!

I justed called ICBC, if your sled is reg, plated, insured in AB your good on Crown land. But if your on a FSR, need to have insurance from ICBC.

Seems like a cluster fawk.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The email that was sent to Tyler from the lady ICBC is not what the law says. As it says we need a non-resident operatin permit. Next we know it, were going to need a permit to drive in that province!

I justed called ICBC, if your sled is reg, plated, insured in AB your good on Crown land. But if your on a FSR, need to have insurance from ICBC.

Seems like a cluster fawk.

The RCMP Officers I spoke to knew NOTHING about that permit, but yes that link I posted earlier does say that there is such a thing. I really hope that we can get a straight and solid answer that's for sure.

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy I spoke to said its not really a permit, its insurance to be a FSR. He said that ICBC have offices across the province, open 6 days a week. Most towns have ICBC offices, like Golden, Revelstoke, Valemount, McBride, etc.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The guy I spoke to said its not really a permit, its insurance to be a FSR. He said that ICBC have offices across the province, open 6 days a week. Most towns have ICBC offices, like Golden, Revelstoke, Valemount, McBride, etc.

Interesting, here in AB as I'm sure you're aware your liability insurance covers that for you.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'll be dammed if I put plate on my twenty thousand dollar machine. If I have to I'll ride the bush rite around them. This is getting ridiculous already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
But everyone puts a plate on their vehicle. No matter how much they paid for it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you just carry it on your sled(I put it under the seat) I think you'll be fine, unless the cop is a prick or you are a prick.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your sleds will be nothing different than your vehicles. Your alberta crap will be good enough.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be clear, a plowed fsr needs the icbc insurance, just like riding a atv, utv, dirt bike on a open fsr during the summer

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not worth the frustration and effort anymore. Went back to just pop-riveting it on to the side of the tunnel. Don't understand why everyone has such a problem with displaying their plate.

I used to do that, but always wore the decals off with my boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't worry BC government will try for every penny that they can get from every person possible. I live in Bc and will be paying the PST on my 2 sleds before I start this riding season and that for sure is a TOTAL RIPOFF!!!!. but that's a different post so bring cash every time you boys come riding in this great province

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be clear, a plowed fsr needs the icbc insurance, just like riding a atv, utv, dirt bike on a open fsr during the summer

Nope. It's illegal to operate a snowmobile on a plowed FSR period.....with one exeption for the Gold Rush trail, wherever that is.

It's all right here, section 3 "Snowmobiles":

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're going back to a decal for sleds so the whiners about the plate can cool their jets. Won't make much difference though because those that refuse to display it properly will still stick the decal in their pack! And just FYI, I was one of those pricks that would write you up for not displaying it. Nearly everyone else adheres to the rule, what makes you so special that you should be exempt! I'd post the new rules I picked up the other day but it'd probably just tick off "those" people more! Sherm

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
They're going back to a decal for sleds so the whiners about the plate can cool their jets. Won't make much difference though because those that refuse to display it properly will still stick the decal in their pack! And just FYI, I was one of those pricks that would write you up for not displaying it. Nearly everyone else adheres to the rule, what makes you so special that you should be exempt! I'd post the new rules I picked up the other day but it'd probably just tick off "those" people more! Sherm
Can you email me the new rules? I'll post em up :)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucky for me the RCMP in Revelstoke are super good guys.

Even let me take their picture for my season thread last year.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool, they're on cats.... Can't catch us anyway .... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They cant ride worth chit either haha

Good guys though and they have 0 issues with what I do on the mountain. Plate stays under the seat.

Top Bottom