Anyone been to Brazeau area lately

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've stayed away from this area because of the thefts just wondering if may have slowed down a bit in that respect as it's a nice area!!!!!!!

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it must still be bad!!!!!!!! Dammit lookin to go back next weekend i guess every thing will have to be locked up tight

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I figured just gonna have to put every thing away at night. Went out there 3 years ago and we blocked all the quads in with the holiday trailer's and trucks, they cut a tree down to get one and everyone's camp site was rummaged through with all sorts of stuff missing fuel/coolers/rain gear/straps/helmets.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have camped at the braz for 20 years and never had any issues....

Six point

Reaction score
After years of camping in the same area and never having a problem ,sure enough they hit us one night a couple weeks back .Nearly got away with a couple machines , neighbouring trailer's little whining dog gave the alarm and buddy gave chase in his pick up. Three mid teen punks on one quad racing top speed in the dark with some madder than hell quadders in hot pursuit in a pick up truck. Finally forced them off the road where they bailed and took off on foot.They were headed south to you know where . They used bolt cutters to cut the cables and had caused a bunch of damage as well as gone through coolers , grabbed some gas cans and almost had the second machine pushed to the road. Heads up to all.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the cops seem to be unwilling to nip the problem in the bud, does somebody have to get seriously hurt before something is done? And what if those guys had caught the little pieces of crap, what do you suppose would happen to them? Nothing, they would get returned to the reserve and nothing more. Makes no sense, I would be curious if one of the brothers might explain what the deal is. Not that I am looking for an excuse for their behaviour but a reason would be nice.

Little Buddy

Reaction score
We were there the weekend before last.
To the person/persons that stole my kids water toy from our camp....... I hope you drowned & your family never gets closure!!!!
Stealing from a 2 year old? Losers!
The ride was OK, there has been a lot of use in this area since the last time we rode it.

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Hey Six Point How are ya! Well I have never had an issue before at Brazeau but having the little bastards go through our camp and not hearing a thing sucks! It put a huge damper on the weekend and although we stuck it out it was not the most restfull sleep that night and we had to block the quads and bikes in with our vehicles. ( circle the wagons boys u know who's coming ) I think the only saving grace was the can ams are almost impossible to steal due to the chip key. I am definately looking at some other areas to camp with less indigineous personel. It's a shame.

Six point

Reaction score
Doin' good Max. Probably the last time we camp overnight there for us as well . Thinking about heading a little further west by Edson or maybe north at Long Island lake instead. It'll be two hours travel instead of 1 1/2 hrs. Oh well. Went to Valemount on Labour day . Awesome riding out that way .Thinking same for next year.
PK

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Spent last weekend out at the bighorn dam Abraham lake area it was beautiful and we had great weather. The riding into the high country was an experience and no issues. I will have to take another trip next year to the area. Valemont sounds like it would be fantastic riding talk to u soon SW

Top Bottom