Expert vs freeride

Turbodiesels

Reaction score
Maybe I'll just get a freeride and add the adjustable limiter strap then, best of both worlds minus the 34" stance and 16" wide track. At least they locked the t motion out on the freeride this year.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Expert is the way to go IMO, the stock shock valving is a tad soft for my liking, and I get them revalved by enzo. There is absolutely nothing wrong with kyb shock. The tri-clicker integral adjuster is a very trick piece, forget about the adjustable limiter strap, it’s not needed with those shocks. The front pro performance resi shocks that enzo uses works with the 34” front end. The freeride shock will not work with the 34” doo front end.

1d45daf2af31d88b435b62beabdd1fc0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turbodiesels

Reaction score
Good info, thanks. The kyb have been great on my shredder, done everything I've needed them to and more. Leaning towards the expert still, just need someone to convince me to get a 165 over a 154 now. I'm still young so I don't mind a bit of rowdiness once in a while though!

wkotelko

Reaction score
I ride a 23 154 freeride, buddy rides a 23 expert 165. I have ridden his expert quite a bit and its easier in the trees and the tight stuff. I think i would go 165 next time. Its still just as fun but it is more controllable with the skis in the air. Definitely climbs better and flatter. I am going to narrow my skis up on the freeride, the narrower stance on the expert was noticeable to me. I am also going to add the limiter strap quick adjuster to the freeride to help tame the skis in the steep stuff. It tends to ride me a bit.
The freeride shocks are a bit of a gimmick ( for the 2023 at least). The 3 position does not stay where you put it. They are a fairly soft calibration (compared to the 24) and are in need of rebound adjustment. Next year i will either try the Ohlin's all around or send out to Enzo for the 3 clicker cartridge and revalve. Also, the stock ski rubbers are brutal. The skis tip up and plow as soon as your on edge. Blew both mine out last weekend. I'm going to tri the I sidehill rubbers hopefully they help.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beautiful thing about the 165 is has a 154 tunnel, easy conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id go 154 freeride right of the bat and save the trouble. And im middle aged!

Thats what id buy. i like shorter sleds for jumping though.

Dont really care about how it wheelies

Turbodiesels

Reaction score
I think all the turbo sleds can wheelie these days regardless of track length anyways. I like the free ride but that 34" stance really seems like it works well on the experts. Who knows, maybe there will be some small tweaks for 2025 that could sway a guys decision.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the 36 inch stance better. That is me though.

Turbodiesels

Reaction score
Haven't tried the 34" front end yet so not much to compare it to. No problems with the 36" on my shredder so far though, rides just fine even with those phat skis. Actually enjoy them now.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, the stock ski rubbers are brutal. The skis tip up and plow as soon as your on edge. Blew both mine out last weekend. I'm going to tri the I sidehill rubbers hopefully they help.
We have been running the DuraPro ski rubbers for years now and never lost one yet.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, the stock ski rubbers are brutal. The skis tip up and plow as soon as your on edge. Blew both mine out last weekend. I'm going to tri the I sidehill rubbers hopefully they help.
2 seasons on the Rasmussen rubbers now, and not a single issue. My whole group is running them now.

My buddy smoked a tree with his ski last weekend. Tip came back over the hood. Egged out the hole in the ski. Rubber is still mint.

1000010403.jpg

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I did the same thing Saturday… going to order the Ibackshift rubbers and a ski…

Top Bottom