Allen creek trail and the people who can't ride

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a way around the bad part of the old trail, where the old trail turns right and starts to climb you can go stright but there is ALOT of willows. This cut around allows you to miss the icy hill part of the trail.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i agree with him as does everyone else about going up the new trail. obviously we all understand that was stupid to do after curtis and varda spent the time to set it up so we could have a groomed trail asap. i saw him on saturday and he was pretty choked up about that.

either way, back to what SCOTTS was talking about. i was the first one up the old trail sat morning. and it was a skating rink lets face it. that switchback to the icy waterfall area is unpreventable. its ice. always has been always will be no matter how much snow falls on it. basically there is no way to "go easy on the throttle" on that.
so if you dont make it. try again and get someone to help. its the only way.
or maybe we should all carry a scoop of sand with us:d

i will also say that he made a good point about trenching out single trails and whatnot. i always try if i see a trenched out trail to make the best of it on the way down by riding on the edge and hitting the brake every once in a while to try and bring some snow back into the trench. something we should all do at westridge this year haha. if you can see it becoming trenched try and stay in and out of it to fill it in.

now when it comes time for grooming and trail fees ill be very thankfull to pay my 15$ for a nice trail after looking back at weekends like the last.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a way around the bad part of the old trail, where the old trail turns right and starts to climb you can go stright but there is ALOT of willows. This cut around allows you to miss the icy hill part of the trail.

this is true. however there are still some nasty switchbacks on that trail even, which were becoming pretty banged up

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a problem getting up there two years ago, finally made it up the third try. I had just put the series 4 track on and it really sucks on ice. I had to hold it to the bar all the way to make it finally, and try to hit every little rock, stick patch of snow to make it. There were 3 guys below waiting to give it a try, well me and my 2 buds we stood spread apart up the trail gave them a push or pull as they went by. They were all happy and everyone of us got to the alpine that much sooner.:d

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
every one run to allen because they think its the shortest trail to the alpine but not consider the consequences of the steep trail sometimes, i ride with chrisco lots and it is very unreasonable to say he is selfish and does not lend a hand to people, we helped the sleds that were spun out on the trail and they said just go ahead with our group so we did. The trail imo wasent a problem for me and 4 other sledders in our group to get up, sometimes you just have to understand that momentum is your friend and not the throttle, also the edges weather close to large drop offs or not may be the only place to get traction so dont be scared.There was a guy last year in allen who got all screwed up in the creek and walked out, chrisco and his guys pulled his sled out of the creek and actually drove it out to the top of the hill for this guy and walked back down to get his own sled, so these are just some of the little examples so i think i would be careful about what you say about him because he is an asset to all mountain riders and if we loose anymore of the good guys the helicopter business is really going to take off. The problem at hand has nothing to do about having power in your sleds just a little common sence and guidance on how to ride before you try to do something thats over many peoples heads. ride safe D:d

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
every one run to allen because they think its the shortest trail to the alpine but not consider the consequences of the steep trail sometimes, i ride with chrisco lots and it is very unreasonable to say he is selfish and does not lend a hand to people, we helped the sleds that were spun out on the trail and they said just go ahead with our group so we did. The trail imo wasent a problem for me and 4 other sledders in our group to get up, sometimes you just have to understand that momentum is your friend and not the throttle, also the edges weather close to large drop offs or not may be the only place to get traction so dont be scared.There was a guy last year in allen who got all screwed up in the creek and walked out, chrisco and his guys pulled his sled out of the creek and actually drove it out to the top of the hill for this guy and walked back down to get his own sled, so these are just some of the little examples so i think i would be careful about what you say about him because he is an asset to all mountain riders and if we loose anymore of the good guys the helicopter business is really going to take off. The problem at hand has nothing to do about having power in your sleds just a little common sence and guidance on how to ride before you try to do something thats over many peoples heads. ride safe D:d

Well Said!!!

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

While what you said may be true, he made himself look like a real asshat by the way he worded his post. The simple fact of the matter is that newbie or not, nobody is perfect, and while up on the mountain, we all need to help each other out. After all, we are all up there for the same thing.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have only been riding for two years in the mountains. So far I have met some really awesome people and have met some real jerks! I have helped some people in need and i have been helped. The best memory i have is in blue river where i piled my machine into the rocks and 1 guy of not a small stature walked all the way up the hill to help me and my friend and girlfriend, get my machine out while all his friends sat at the bottom critizing my mistake. I still remember it like yesterday and vowed never to be like that guys friends.

was that you that asked a local for a crow bar?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went riding up bell today and was with a couple of newbies and my GF(quadster).. My Gf has rode sleds before but not of the caliber we took out as she was on an M8.. It was her first time in many years being to the mountains.. And even though i usually like to go up the trail at a good clip i just sat back and cruised up the trail bringing up the rear of our group, we had a guy up front who knew the area well.. It didn't bother me one bit cruisin along at like 15-20mph at times, because that was where she felt comfortable, i told her if she felt comfortable to go faster then she could if she did then dont.. Becasue it's about getting new people into the sport that'll help protect our sport aswell as grow it.. She went a bit faster on the trail on the way down as she was starting to feel more comfortable and confident on the sled.. It just goes to show hope helping out and being tolerant of people can help out alot.. And the most important thing of all is the fact that she had fun and enjoyed herself.. As did I..

Last edited:

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To answer snowseekers question, I would take a newbie or lesser experienced rider to Clemina. The trail is the easiest of the big 3 and long enough to build some confidence on the way up.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This post was about the the people that should not be going this early in the year.They dont understand that the trail is not for novice riders in november.
so when they cant get up they go under the rope so what kind person is that im sure varta is happy .So the people like me that ride every 2nd weekend
that have to ride that nasty trail because the novice went under the fence
and it delays the groomer.Thats what im trying to say. So i had a little rage
on my post.Last year I spent 8hrs on the mountain to take down a guy that had crashed an watched the people come and go but me and my crew stayed till he was down I think his name was bruce.So that is all I ment to say

Chris Gulbrandsen.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good work. Nice to see someone pony up and put down their name That shows who,s got a set and who just want to get shots in when someone is down.Ive done it a few times over the tenure issue but you dont see it very often.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chrisco make's a good point...... people seem to think just because it's winter and there's snow in the mountians.....Everyone can go. Breaking trail is not easy and niether are creek crossing's etc. I have been sledding since my kitty cat day's and still get nervous/excited on my first trip of the year. We will see this coming Monday how big the ol' nut sack is.....:bullrider:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
we had a guy come get a crow bar from my dad to get a rock out that was jammed in between the bulk head and the drivers, it was nasty

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am glad this thread turned in the right direction and Im sure you are a great guy and likely and asset to the sport,The way you worded your post didnt come across the way you likely intended and the people that know me are not surprised the way I reacted.Happy to see it was just a spur of the moment rant!
Lyle 780-903-6818
If you want my last name Im just a pm away!
And I would like to meet you at Suds night if you up for it!
For Beers! LOL!
Dec 10 Average Joes in Shewrwood Park!
The rest of you are also invited!

STRAYPUSSY

Reaction score
ok i can totaly see wher Chris is coming from!!! its really early in the year and we have no snow compared to the other years!! everyone knows this!!! so why bring a first time rider to a iced up trail?? and then bust down the snow fence to reck it for ALL of us the rest of the year due to late grooming????

THIS makes no sense to chop down him for saying this!! ya i might not be the guy on the net every day and prob never worded this right but come on he does have a point!!!! and for all you that cant see this maybe you should stay home till we get snow!

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i can totaly see wher Chris is coming from!!! its really early in the year and we have no snow compared to the other years!! everyone knows this!!! so why bring a first time rider to a iced up trail?? and then bust down the snow fence to reck it for ALL of us the rest of the year due to late grooming????

THIS makes no sense to chop down him for saying this!! ya i might not be the guy on the net every day and prob never worded this right but come on he does have a point!!!! and for all you that cant see this maybe you should stay home till we get snow!

A first timer has just as much right as a so called "professional" to be at Allan this time of year or any time of year as anyone else, this thread has become really childish and I think it should be shut down due to stupidity!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I think its in my best interest to let this one go,but its ok for him to tell somebody that is not up to his caliber or ability to stay home.I think you should come for a beer too!
catmando!

STRAYPUSSY

Reaction score
A first timer has just as much right as a so called "professional" to be at Allan this time of year or any time of year as anyone else, this thread has become really childish and I think it should be shut down due to stupidity!

its has nothing to due with shut down!!! but its early season and the trail sucks so why reck it for everyone!! good rider or not!!!

Top Bottom