Allen creek trail and the people who can't ride

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I completly agree on not going under the ropes to the new trail but that isnt what this is about!
catmando!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Funny thing..... Reading this thread, i don't see any mention that those were even beginner riders trying to get up the icy waterfall section - maybe they were overly excited "seasoned" riders>..... And who's to say it wasn't locals that went under the rope to check out the trail conditions??????? Just my 2 cents.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 121 inch track gave it away that was all i needed to see.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Funny thing..... Reading this thread, i don't see any mention that those were even beginner riders trying to get up the icy waterfall section - maybe they were overly excited "seasoned" riders>..... And who's to say it wasn't locals that went under the rope to check out the trail conditions??????? Just my 2 cents.

Ric mayby read it again,Point being all riders,even you!
catmando!

Bigbragg

Reaction score
I'll agree with chrisco's comments on who ever went through the fence! Even newbies know not to do that!

FTI

I was talking to a couple of people in Rensahw who did go under the fence at allen.
The reason was that they had traveled 11 hours to get there was told by many people that allen was "GREAT". They got there the trail was the shits and they said F.... it they are not turning around so under the fence they went.
Better communication = better results..

Bigbragg

Reaction score
I'm as new as it gets. Last year I got stuck in a creek in McBride and it was buried. Three guys came along and spend at least an hour helping me get out. I still can't believe they would spend an hour of THEIR time to help out a fellow rider. Being new to the sport it was a great way to be welcomed. I waited at my truck at the end of the day to try and repay them. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

I'm heading to Allen on Sat so if anyone needs a hand look for the oldest sled on the hill that will be me :snow:

Dont go to Allen Creek at all.
You wont get up the old trail and the new trail is still closed.

TheRedDragon

Reaction score
I have to say that I am impressed with the attitude of many of the people on this board. I just started sledding last year and totally love it, but I know what it was like to be that guy that was always stuck. But I learned, from people who took 15 seconds to give a pointer here or there, and always appreciated a guy stopping and asking if everything is ok. Because I was treated that way in the beginning, I don't ride by somebody who is stuck just because he is riding a Cat, or a Doo, or whatever. We are all in this sport together, so a little common courtesy goes a long way. Who knows, maybe that guy you help out on the trail is digging you out from an Avalanche next year?

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FTI

I was talking to a couple of people in Rensahw who did go under the fence at allen.
The reason was that they had traveled 11 hours to get there was told by many people that allen was "GREAT". They got there the trail was the shits and they said F.... it they are not turning around so under the fence they went.
Better communication = better results..

Better communication= Better results??????????????????????? how many posts do people have to read that the conditions are the shits before it sinks in?? I was posting for weeks prior that it was very crappy out and got told "that some people just like to go for a drive with their friends, who cares about the snow". I could care less how far they drove,closed trail means trail closed.
I guess i was the stupid one for beating that trail i should of just went under the rope or better yet went up the back trail like The Big Ride guys so their french speaking customers didnt wreck the rental sleds on the switchbacks.
Iam Sick of this thread and sick of hearing about how great sledders are as people. Some are good,some will go around the signs and ride closures and some will smash out your window and steal your stuff.
Iam done with this thread.

fullmod

Reaction score
This post was about the the people that should not be going this early in the year.They dont understand that the trail is not for novice riders in november.
so when they cant get up they go under the rope so what kind person is that im sure varta is happy .So the people like me that ride every 2nd weekend
that have to ride that nasty trail because the novice went under the fence
and it delays the groomer.Thats what im trying to say. So i had a little rage
on my post.Last year I spent 8hrs on the mountain to take down a guy that had crashed an watched the people come and go but me and my crew stayed till he was down I think his name was bruce.So that is all I ment to say

Chris Gulbrandsen.

I/ we are the first to help someon that needs help or lost but to pull there ski so they can get up the ice wont help them be any better of a rider.

Trencher

Reaction score
HEy there,
This is just my two cents thrown in and feel free to throw them right back at me , but why argue over something this petty? Everyone is out to have a good time when they are snowmobiling and yes some riders are better than others it called Progression and experience. Yes there may be some people who don't have the experience or the knowledge to ride in some area's they go but how do you progress into a better rider when you don't try and push yourself, I am sure everyone who rides has done something that was beyond their limits and payed for it. Went up a pull that you thought you could make but didn't, Hit a drop you thought you could land, but you didn't, gone somewhere new you thought would be great and it was but getting out wasn't. You see what I am getting at. We do this sport for the fun factor, Adrenaline, etc... whatever your reasoning may be. But at one time or another you weren't the rider you are today. I have only been part of the sport for a couple of seasons but have been a back counrty Snowboarding enthusisist for 10 And snowboarding for 17 seasons. I've run into this conversation lots over the years about snowboarding and i have always looked at it this way I was once there and that is how you learn and progress, And if your not progessing in your sport than why are you doing it. Like i said earlier Everyone rides for tyhere own reason ...... to make that pull they didn't make last time.... Progression, To clear that step up you were to afraid to hit last time ...... Progression.Anyways i could keep going but that was my two cents, And actually if you want to throw them back at me don't bother use it to pay somebody who cares that you have the best snowmobiling in Canada and most of North america in your backyard and you doing something in pristine wilderness some people will never experience or can afford to and can still have somthing to F*@kin Bitch about. Now back to the conditions thread to see where to explore next weekend with my nieghbor who has never been riding in the mountains..... I'll wave at you while you burn up the trail and I am helping a fellow snowmobiler get unstuck as so he may see the awesomeness of our Rockies!!!!!

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HEy there,
This is just my two cents thrown in and feel free to throw them right back at me , but why argue over something this petty? Everyone is out to have a good time when they are snowmobiling and yes some riders are better than others it called Progression and experience. Yes there may be some people who don't have the experience or the knowledge to ride in some area's they go but how do you progress into a better rider when you don't try and push yourself, I am sure everyone who rides has done something that was beyond their limits and payed for it. Went up a pull that you thought you could make but didn't, Hit a drop you thought you could land, but you didn't, gone somewhere new you thought would be great and it was but getting out wasn't. You see what I am getting at. We do this sport for the fun factor, Adrenaline, etc... whatever your reasoning may be. But at one time or another you weren't the rider you are today. I have only been part of the sport for a couple of seasons but have been a back counrty Snowboarding enthusisist for 10 And snowboarding for 17 seasons. I've run into this conversation lots over the years about snowboarding and i have always looked at it this way I was once there and that is how you learn and progress, And if your not progessing in your sport than why are you doing it. Like i said earlier Everyone rides for tyhere own reason ...... to make that pull they didn't make last time.... Progression, To clear that step up you were to afraid to hit last time ...... Progression.Anyways i could keep going but that was my two cents, And actually if you want to throw them back at me don't bother use it to pay somebody who cares that you have the best snowmobiling in Canada and most of North america in your backyard and you doing something in pristine wilderness some people will never experience or can afford to and can still have somthing to F*@kin Bitch about. Now back to the conditions thread to see where to explore next weekend with my nieghbor who has never been riding in the mountains..... I'll wave at you while you burn up the trail and I am helping a fellow snowmobiler get unstuck as so he may see the awesomeness of our Rockies!!!!!

well put. always best to help anyone that needs it as far as im concerned. everyone does something they shouldt have, and things go wrong. you want the next guy that rides past to give you a hand, not roost by and flip you the bird cause you told him to get off the ****ing mountain and learn to ride.
on that note, im going to vale for the first time ever this weekend, no novice rider, but new to the area and kind of snow and altitude out here (im from vancouver island, think slush) so if you see a guy with a yellow and black jacket on a smurf XP say hi!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I think its in my best interest to let this one go,but its ok for him to tell somebody that is not up to his caliber or ability to stay home.I think you should come for a beer too!
catmando!

Lets have a group hug.:)

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hows the novice trail now,any new news yet lol !!!!

Top Bottom