850s with no issues

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
250 km now. No problems. Very impressed with throttle response and power. Pulls real hard. Handles different than the XM though. Will take some getting used to. Found it didn't want to counter steer the way my XM would. Almost seemed like the steering was locking up when trying to counter steer going down hill. Also the running boards are a big step backwards and the handwarers and terrible and the those big switches are crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pooch

Reaction score
Put 130km on in revy and the only issue was frozen switch for the hand warmers... ran awesome . Has some belt dust for sure. Noticed that the primary has about 1" of unused area around the outside. Not sure if that's normal or not. Can't remember what my XM looked like.
Over all I like it.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to a BRP rep this morning and this issue with belts is very isolated he said. He is going to talk to some of the BRP guys at Kusters right now as he was headed there and let me know what there thoughts are.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to a BRP rep this morning and this issue with belts is very isolated he said. He is going to talk to some of the BRP guys at Kusters right now as he was headed there and let me know what there thoughts are.

Same as what happened with the 2012 ProClimbs. Some guys couldn't stop blowing belts and most guys never had an issue.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as what happened with the 2012 ProClimbs. Some guys couldn't stop blowing belts and most guys never had an issue.
Yeah may be tough to sort out in a short time? They may be trying to outsource one of these units from a dealer to test on it to see why that particular unit is blowing belts and others aren't? One thing to remember here is these big corporations don't move as fast as we'd like them to because of the process they use. They will wait to get a set amount of case files before they react. Then they will start turning the wheels to start testing with a unit that is affected. If they find a problem they may need to make a repair or fix. Then they may have to have the fix manufactured. See where this is going? It doesn't happen over night. I personally saw a dealer from Montana drop off a troubled unit to the BRP Mountain test center in Grand Lake Colorado for engineers to test and solve the issue on that model of units so it does happen.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought this may be the case as the prefilter kits were backordered and my sled looked lik puff the magic dragon every time we stopped(steam) and everything under the hood as well as clutch area had moisture on it. This is what my dealer is suspecting too and could explain the rpm spikes I am seeing...... maybe..... I dunno
snow on clutches?

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow on clutches?

That's the case in the past when I had belts blow in a delam-type explosion. Was the little round plastic plug on the XP on the front side of the upper shock bolt. Fell out, snow in, couldn't figure out why belts were exploding. What a mess

tchriste

Reaction score
I thought this was supposed to be a thread about people with no issues. I have a G4 154 with 49% left and have had no issues. Last ride was 3ft of powder at 7200ft. and this thing ran 7900 RPM all day and ran beautifully, best sled I have ever had. You want to talk about issues, I unlinked the sway bar and the machine responded so quick I had to put the link back on to slow it. down.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought this was supposed to be a thread about people with no issues. I have a G4 154 with 49% left and have had no issues. Last ride was 3ft of powder at 7200ft. and this thing ran 7900 RPM all day and ran beautifully, best sled I have ever had. You want to talk about issues, I unlinked the sway bar and the machine responded so quick I had to put the link back on to slow it. down.

Good point, and good to hear

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yes.. this is where i'd like to come to regain my faith !!!! hahaha

Brentk

Reaction score
I would have to disagree, the boards are super strong and have little to no resistance in the deep...and the new warmers and controls work great.
My riding buddy has this sled and I don't, so that sucks for me. He doesn't have to work as hard and I have to pull off mini miracles to stay with him...it's like I need Jesus lessons. All around very impressive machine with not issues.
I guess the only real complaint is sore arms/neck/back muscles...huge chit eating grin is frozen to both edges of my helmet (when I get to ride it)

Ray509

Reaction score
They do, weve seen mud and water inside the clutch cover, comes from front left footwell

Reaction score
Not really a big test but rode mine for 115km this weekend. Ran flawless and nothing bad to say about it !

Temp sensor still tight.
Clutches still look good

indyxcsp

Reaction score
another flawless 80kms on mine. What a beauty sled to ride. Clutches look good and I've checked the belt for stretch. Didn't have to adjust anything yet. 67% break in still left. Got three days coming up in Wells BC, hopefully they have some better snow and we can get it really working. In Powder this thing is simply awesome to ride.... best sled I have ever owned to date!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode a 850 last weekend in revy that was in our group he had no issues all, through his ride. The only issue I had was getting back on my xm. Lol

IMO That 850 chassis is so responsive I dont see the need for the T motion anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK I biotched on two threads about the 850 so I will put the good stuff here.
Rode at Chappel.

Even on break in mode it pulls better than XM.
Waist deep snow and does it ever climb! Will be even better with some suspension adjustments to help keep front down.
Very very quick throttle reponse.
Minimal input required, way over steering sled, carves amazingly well.
Also holds a sidehill very well - shoveled a couple times due to too much rider input.
It climbs! Did I mention that already?!
Holds RPM steady no matter how many times on and off the throttle per pull.
Takes trail well - hit 105ish a couple times on the way down - no biggie whoops.
No sure on power gain over XM since still on break in but seems to tac out way quicker.
It pulls hard and it climbs.....did I mention that already?!

Last edited:
Top Bottom