2016 Arctic cats

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One more stupid question..... on the homepage there is one in the backround... "ZR".. I remember my buddies used to have one of those way back in the day... But I cant find it in the line up. Is that a crossover?

Trail performance

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One more stupid question..... on the homepage there is one in the backround... "ZR".. I remember my buddies used to have one of those way back in the day... But I cant find it in the line up. Is that a crossover?

They brought back the old school names a couple years ago. The El Tigre, Pantera, Lynx and the ZRs came back.
And the class numbering system. It was really fun to learn what 2000,3000,4000,5000,6000,7000,8000,9000s were. Ha.

ZRs are short tracks 129" & 137"

Last edited:

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a ltd. available in 6,800 and 1100. Not sure about the 7000 series(yammi engine)
The 7000 is available in an M S/P Ltd as well. With a 162 x 3" track, it's a good platform for building a boosted triple - although I can't imagine why you'd bother when the 9000 has one out of the box... and it responds to modifications VERY well. A well tuned 1100T is nothing short of impressive - wish I could ride mine to it's capability.

Last edited:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 7000 is available in an M S/P Ltd as well. With a 162 x 3" track, it's a good platform for building a boosted triple - although I can't imagine why you'd bother when the 9000 has one out of the box... and it responds to modifications VERY well. A well tuned 1100T is nothing short of impressive - wish I could ride mine to it's capability.

That's something I don't understand. Seemed like a bunch of people were excited to get a viper, but I've never even seen a picture of a 7000 in someone's garage. Are there really any differences? Or is it just because yammi offered the factory boost it kit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's something I don't understand. Seemed like a bunch of people were excited to get a viper, but I've never even seen a picture of a 7000 in someone's garage. Are there really any differences? Or is it just because yammi offered the factory boost it kit?

The difference, as far as I can tell is that the Viper uses Yamaha clutches, and the M7000 uses Arctic Cat clutches.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres some info for you for this year.... ,
Ski-Doo currently has a 53% market share....
in our market, mountain sleds, almost 1 out of every 2 sleds sold is a Summit (a 48% market share )

just info

interesting...
what about some other markets?
where's the split?

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing how those work..... Maybe Go-Vertical should take one with the teams on it and see what he can break ;)

I might know a guy that can let me take one for a ride.
If I break it then he can have it back. Lol

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres some info for you for this year.... ,
Ski-Doo currently has a 53% market share....
in our market, mountain sleds, almost 1 out of every 2 sleds sold is a Summit (a 48% market share )

just info

where does your market cover? Edmonton? Alberta? western Canada?
curious about Canada as a whole or even North America

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
where does your market cover? Edmonton? Alberta? western Canada?
curious about Canada as a whole or even North America

Me thinks Trent's #'s are accurate

market share.jpg

Image supplied by Arctic Cat.....

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me thinks Trent's #'s are accurate

View attachment 184835

Image supplied by Arctic Cat.....

I have no doubts of his numbers, I am curious to see what the split is in other markets.... 53% market share of "where"

ie: sure the mountain sled is extremely popular in the market that Trent mentions....48%. But what is BRP's breakdown of models across Canada, or North America.

We tend to get bent out of shape when we see a yearly update when sometimes there are very few changes to the mountain sleds but numerous changes to, for instance, the trail sled market.
If he has 48% in this area for that model (Summit), what is the market share for all of Canada...doubt its 48%....

We work with market share numbers in my line of work and they can be boring as hell or very interesting when you start breaking them down to see what sells where

Last edited:

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

In 2015 - the M7000 was only available with a 153" track from factory - the Viper came in a 162". That could account for some of the difference.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 2015 - the M7000 was only available with a 153" track from factory - the Viper came in a 162". That could account for some of the difference.

From what I understand the 7000 runs cat clutching, the viper has yamaha clutches, I actually prefer the look of the cat 7000 myself over the viper

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct. One thing I don't know is if the 7000 Cat also used a radiator, or just a tunnel / bulkhead cooler? Perhaps someone in the know could shed light on this...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no doubts of his numbers, I am curious to see what the split is in other markets.... 53% market share of "where"

ie: sure the mountain sled is extremely popular in the market that Trent mentions....48%. But what is BRP's breakdown of models across Canada, or North America.

We tend to get bent out of shape when we see a yearly update when sometimes there are very few changes to the mountain sleds but numerous changes to, for instance, the trail sled market.
If he has 48% in this area for that model (Summit), what is the market share for all of Canada...doubt its 48%....

We work with market share numbers in my line of work and they can be boring as hell or very interesting when you start breaking them down to see what sells where
I believe if memory serves me correct those numbers are for North America Cat401. I know they told us they had a huge increase for 2015 in the North American mountain segment. They told us they were number 1 in all segments this year. Lost some points in markets they dominated and gained in others they needed to. I'll see if I can find that info for you.

Top Bottom