2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

sleded1

Reaction score
Just wanted to take the time to comment about the group of guys that were messing around in avalanche alley yesterday. Our group was just passing by when there was a group of about 8 riders who were sitting right at the bottom of a run out zone watching eachother climb it. After we past the sign and got to safe ground we stopped to watch what we called fu**ing idi*ots put their lives in the hands of a sketchy hoar layer 1 m below surface. As we sat and watched, a guy got stuck on the cimb about 1/2-3/4 of the way up. Having to spend 30 minutes trying to get himself un stuck on the slope. Who ever this was i know you arent the only ones who do it. but you were a prime example of what not to do. every single tree on that slope is bent from previous avys do you not see it!!! and there were 2 slides a few chutes over in the alley aswell. I know you dont think this puts others at risk but if you were to get in an avalanche we are put at risk trying to rescue you. There are signs that say no stopping for a reason, no matter how tracked out the area is, why try to put your life at such a high risk.

We were also through there at the same time, probably after you, i stopped and told them that was not a suitable place to watch their partner from. Evrryone politely agreed with me and moved to higher ground. Theyre not idiots, they are inexperienced, and if people with more local knowledge can help out, vs. Just commenting on the internet, mabye thats another step in the education process. I was glad i had the courage to stop and help their situation, and even better, they listened to a strangers advice.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
good on you!!! More of this needs to happen. Some people just don't realize they are putting themselves in danger!!

I try and talk to as many people as possible, most people are thankful for the heads up!!

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were also through there at the same time, probably after you, i stopped and told them that was not a suitable place to watch their partner from. Evrryone politely agreed with me and moved to higher ground. Theyre not idiots, they are inexperienced, and if people with more local knowledge can help out, vs. Just commenting on the internet, mabye thats another step in the education process. I was glad i had the courage to stop and help their situation, and even better, they listened to a strangers advice.

eddy, your the best, I don't care what Sid and Brandon say...lol....

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

You get a little green rep for that. :)

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is Not snow conditions but we just had a cpl cancellations if anyone is looking for accomadations this week or weekend .

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

probably the way you approached them, approach is the whole deal, good job

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Between this thread and the XM thread, you've been seeing an incredibly high number of sleds out there this season. ;) That, or you're trying to keep everyone away. ;)

Starting to wonder if he works during the winter months lol, and yah I'm jealous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

From someone who has done this for the last 7 years, that is just an awesome reply. Thank you

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya saying they are idiots was a bit harsh. Good on your for stopping. It just got our entire group a little frustrated. Hopefully a good refill comes soon so people arent so desperate to reach into the sketchy terrain. Ride safe guys!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis,
How many people have died in this location? Just curious..

Perhaps there should be a death toll sign to wake people up.

From someone who has done this for the last 7 years, that is just an awesome reply. Thank you

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis,
How many people have died in this location? Just curious..

Perhaps there should be a death toll sign to wake people up.

Ya as harsh as that sounds, that may be an eye opener for some people. What are the number of incidents in the alley?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always funny to mess up and then look over and there's your buddy, looking right at you - oh, and his helmet cam is on!

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely seen some sketchy marks this weekend. Overall very tracked out conditions. All a guy had to do was header for da bush and down some hills lol we found snow... And sun... But please dump soon!!!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not having much luck finding a group to ride with tomorrow. Gotta be someone riding Vale in the morning gimme a shout if you don't mind a guy tagging along.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It can snow anytime soon now..

Coming up Thurs.. Riding till Sunday.

jade_lepage

Reaction score
Group of five coming up 18th to the 22nd. Staying cabin at super 8. Anyone stay in it before???
LET IT SNOW!!!!

Top Bottom