2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

Colin Day

Reaction score
trying to plan a trip to take two customers from Idaho sledding. they are experienced sledders and want to ride some Canadian powder. However, they don't want to ride in places with an avalanche risk (kind of hard if you want nice powder).
Anyone have any suggestions, places not to go, places to stage? I've hit a road block. I don't know the Valemount area well so I plan on doing a trip before I take these people.

thanks.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trying to plan a trip to take two customers from Idaho sledding. they are experienced sledders and want to ride some Canadian powder. However, they don't want to ride in places with an avalanche risk (kind of hard if you want nice powder).
Anyone have any suggestions, places not to go, places to stage? I've hit a road block. I don't know the Valemount area well so I plan on doing a trip before I take these people.

thanks.

I'd reccomend allan or chappel creek. Both have Avalanche risk but it can be none at all if you know where to ride. For that I would hire a guide or scope it out with someone who knows the area so you can decide for yourself. I really don't think there are any areas that don't have any avalanche risk whatsoever. You just have to manage it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Colin Day

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I haven't been so I'm going to go there myself the weekend before and check it out.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The valley bottom received a few cms of fresh overnight, but I would imagine general conditions over all of the alpine areas to almost represent a spring like ride for the next while. We will likely have cloud for today and tomorrow, but then the sun and warm temps/inversions look to be coming out again.

For fresh lines you will need to get creative and stick to the trees (way more fun and a pretty cool option with the touchy alpine snowpack anyway) or just enjoy the sun and nice weather for a change.

Weird winter for sure......ride safe folks

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well finally going to get out again. Stupid Mexico. Group of us headed out in a week. Bring on the fresh ;)

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW, sure would like to know what happened to winter, but at the same time, these blue bird days are pretty sweet!

Just a reminder for anyone planning on hitting up the races tomorrow, you must pre-register at the Visitor Information center, prior to heading down to the track.

For more info on either Saturday or Sundays events, please click this link
Snow Drags and Family Poker Run | Home

Hope to see some of you out at this weekends events!

Ride Safe

Mad Mitch

Reaction score
Just wanted to say, got on the hill early this morning and my idler bearings totally went to pieces.. limped the sled back down the trail, hoping to find parts. Alpine sled rentals/Napa helped me out big time, found some automotive bearing to do the job. Pulled the wrecked bearings, pressed the new ones. even used a seal from my old bearing and packed it with their grease so it had a chance of lasting. Only charged me for the bearings. I get to ride tomorrow thanks to you guys. Big thanks! Thought I'd share the experience.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well snow or no snow I guess a few of us are heading out Thursday. I guess we will explore a bit if there isn't any fresh. Looks like the sun will be shining.

Bigsnus

Reaction score
A buddy and myself are heading up tomorrow, just wondering if anyone would like to meet up and ride allen/Chappell

Top Bottom