2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha well I guess the kid has them he is on his way. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we were 12 miles from Manitoba at 515 this morning. We rolled into town at noon and now they are getting ready to head to Valemount. 1500 k in one day is a bit much for me. Lol

Sheet I was about 25 Kms east of that Manitoba Saskatchewan border this morning. That is a long drive just to get to Onoway with a wife & 2 kids. Valemount bound probably tomorrow late afternoon.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where abouts east I was in Redvers. That's what I used to do is drive home one day and head to Valemount about 3am.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ooooooooook.......back to snow and riding conditions...lol

The skies have opened up over the last few days although unfortunately the precip has been falling as rain in the lower valley and temperatures have been rising to 4 degrees above zero........NOT GOOD! The lower valley rain and warm temperatures really effect the quality of our grooming program.

While we are trying to maintain the trails to the best of our ability during this less than stellar weather, we are asking you to be understanding in the fact that it is simply beyond our control.

The alpine areas have been receiving some new snow during this period and riding conditions are getting much better.

Here is a link to the my lasted riding video from Dec 24th. If the skies ever clear up this might be waiting for us up there:p

Allen Dec 24th 2013 - YouTube

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terrific early Xmas present ride. You have the nice backyard Curtis!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All three riding areas will be freshly groomed up for tomorrow morning. Please understand that we are doing our best with the above zero temps and rain on the lower sections of the trails.

BUT...rain down low equals snow up high. Good reports coming back from today stating a good 30cm of fresh snow to enjoy and it was snowing most of the day so hopefully a reload is in store for tomorrow!:beer:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allen trail up was great today. Down today was whooped but not nearly as bad as Frisby was a couple weeks ago, and it is a short trail so pretty easy to deal with.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allen trail up was great today. Down today was whooped but not nearly as bad as Frisby was a couple weeks ago, and it is a short trail so pretty easy to deal with.

Thats the best part about Allan, lots of variety for all skill levels and the trail is easy to take even in the roughest times.

Thegeneral

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Glad u enjoyed the ride up, I bet i was bit rough on the ride out, but as stated earlier, these above zero temps and rain are not helping for longevity, wish i could help......now forget about the ride down....lol

How was the snow?! Anyone have any pics? I heard it was pretty good up there.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy and his group spent yesterday punching into Westridge. It took all day and blew an A-arm in the process, but he said the snow was wicked.

2012 T-XP is the most fun I've ever had on snow!

ya they had my nice easy path to follow LOL. they were about 3/4 the way up when i ran into them on the way down. deffinetly lots of land mines up there though.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty amazing day in the sunshine in Allen today. 20-40cm of fresh greated us this morning, depending on where you were and it was twice that in many areas.

Here are a few pics, for the rest please visit https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.745489888813331.1073741831.224157267613265&type=1

On a more important note, there were a few slides that sledders triggered today and some reports of a more involved incident in clemina. This new load needs time to settle out, please give it a few days before venturing into big terrain.

Attachments

• DSC_0140_800x530.JPG
    DSC_0140_800x530.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 583
  • DSC_0170_800x530.JPG
    DSC_0170_800x530.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 582
Top Bottom