2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thank let a guy know what happens tomorrow. Where you riding.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some folks dont like to go back so just throwing this out again......

Hey guys. Just got down from Allen. Good news is the trail up is much better than it was two weeks ago. Still requires an experienced rider but easily dooable. The bad is that the 20cms of champagne that fell in the town last night never made it south of Canoe Mtn.........

The riding right now is High Risk (stumps and rocks) = High Reward (tonnes of fun off the beaten path)

I will post up a vid from today a bit later on tonight, but the general main trail and popular riding areas are stiff, but move ten feet in either direction and sick lines and good fun can be had if you are willing to risk the potential impact.....

More imporantly, please play safe....the cooler temps, scattered surface hoar, deep burried crusts and unusual winds have left us a very mixed bag in the alpine and conditions could be tricky once this stuff gets burried.

Callin it like it is.........lets all hope the weather man is correct

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres a bit of an update on snow conditions from today

Valemount Conditions Update Dec 09 2013 - YouTube

This is an awesome update !!!!! I wish more clubs and areas would give the detailed updates that you take out of your personal time to give to us sledders !!!! The best detailed update on snow conditions I have seen any where on snow and mud or snowest!!!!

If any sledder does not realize the conditions now they are crazy !!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMITMENT !!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is an awesome update !!!!! I wish more clubs and areas would give the detailed updates that you take out of your personal time to give to us sledders !!!! The best detailed update on snow conditions I have seen any where on snow and mud or snowest!!!!

If any sledder does not realize the conditions now they are crazy !!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMITMENT !!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

X2! Curtis is easily one of the most dedicated sledders and nicest people you'll ever meet.
Unfortunetly, even with fantastic info like this, there will still be some goon in the next day or so asking what conditions are like...
Thanks for the update Curtis!

2012 T-XP is the most fun I've ever had in snow!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all, here is a little vid from yesterday. Im not saying its perfect at all, but the snow is a lot of fun off the beaten path. It did snow most of the night last night, not amounting to much in town, but hopefully dropping the goods where it counts

Valemount BC Allen Creek Dec 09 2013 - YouTube

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all, here is a little vid from yesterday. Im not saying its perfect at all, but the snow is a lot of fun off the beaten path. It did snow most of the night last night, not amounting to much in town, but hopefully dropping the goods where it counts

Valemount BC Allen Creek Dec 09 2013 - YouTube

Curtis, your like a guy standing on the corner holding a sign that says "Say no to drugs" in one hand and a sign that says "eight balls 2 for a dollar" in the other. lol

Thanks for the vid and honest updates.

Thegeneral

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too bad we had to be home yesterday, looks like you guys had a good day of riding

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates from the summit River Lodge planning on heading out at noon tomorrow

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

oly

Reaction score
Be heading out around 4 today! Can't wait to get the skis wet!

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we only got about 4 inches of snow in total at the lodge over the last Cpl days, still forecasting for snow the rest of the week and weekend . Atleast the forecast is showing some bigger numbers so let's hope these skies open up and drop a ton. On a brighter note the temps are now decent minus 10 instead of minus 30 . I believe lightning mikes crew are going for Allen today.

Top Bottom