2012 Most influential Canadian Shredder

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Peeps.. again wondering your opinion. Who do you think was 2012s most influential snowmobiler and why. Men and women across Canada.

There are so many people we have in our Sledding community who contribute to the sport, who wow us on film, and those who spend endless hours fighting for our land, educating riders all around our community.

I am eager to hear your views. I have a few in mind as well.

Have a great day

Trish

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depsnolvr aka curtis pawliuk. hes my hero. keeps fighting for our sport even though were destroying it. and hes a good rider to boot!

would also have to say lori from zacs tracs. talk about dedication to avalanche safety.

annnd chris burdant for his riding skills. dont know what else he does behind the scenes but ive yet to see anyone ride like he does in the good stuff.

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol remember peeps Canadian.. Canadian shredders.

Ms. Swimmer

Reaction score
I know they are not big names but honestly my little 7 year old Jaymie absolutely amazes me everytime she goes out on her little indy lite. She has pushed herself so far this year crossing ice bridges, going across off camber snow drifts, going across open creeks trying to side hill her sled and rolling her sled and laughing her butt off and wanting to do it again, folllowing me and her Dad threw the trees that kid amazes me I can hardly wait to see what she will progress into.

Another Canadian sledder that awes me is my Mom 62 freakin years old and roaring around those hills like she is 20!!! She only started when she was 58 for crying out loud!!!! Some of the things she does leaves me speechless. She attempts things that leave me scratching my head in wonder and sometimes banging my head against a tree asking why when I have to shovel her out. But it's all good I hope and pray that when I am 62 I can do the things she does.

I know these aren't big name sledders and we won't see them in films and what not but holy cow the level of enthusiasm and courage they bring to the table is awe inspiring. In my world to me these are pretty influential sledders!!!

Last edited:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody who told a buddy not to try a sketchy climb on a high avy risk slope, or said "hey, maybe we should save the beers for parking lot when we get back."

Lovin that one. As long as he did a epic climb on a safe slope......

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really can't say it was anyone famous..... My 2011/2012 sledding season was great, and a combination of EVERYONE I rode with. Starting with a couple of trips to Crowsnest pass, a couple to Elkford, MM5, The Boondocker's Ride, The Ladies ride in Revy (even though it was snowing sooooo hard, we couldn't see chit!!!). Back to Elkford and the Pass for a couple of more, and finished off the season with 3 almost back to back trips to Revy.
I met a lot of good ppl on the way, got to see a lot of friends that I have met in the past, via this site. Learned from ppl's stories....... Victories, and failure's. LOL

But to pin point it down to one or two ppl................ I can't do it, all I can say is.
Thanks for a great year, and see all ya'all in the fall!!! :beer: :beer: :D

Top Bottom