2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear Chappel is ok right now..you may want to check it out.

mac22

Reaction score
Well I must have passed 20 trucks today on my way home. That was only in one hour so you know half of alberta must be out there. Best thing is it will all get packed down and next snowfall is when the season starts. Excellent!

Works for me we are heading up next weekend..:d should have some base by then.

RMKer

Reaction score
Well here she is gentlemen!!
Did a day trip from Edmonton yesterday. Got to the hill at 8:30 am, not one truck at Clemina. Unloaded, and headed up the trail mind you very bumpy at that time, was even worse on the way down. We were joined by 4 other sledders, and that was it. Lots of untouched areas, and had 2 or so feet of freshy fresh to play in all day. Clemina was definitely lacking snow, although if you watched out it was a fun day. Clearings to the left and right of the main trail are not advisable to play in, they still need 5 feet or more.

Put 60 miles on the new assault, and I gotta say it's a hell of a sled!! Didnt dissapoint at all. Drank less fuel than dad's 08 700!! Extrememly maneuverable in the deep stuff, and shocks certainly impressed on that shitty trail down!

All in all, great day trip, lots of snow, got to try out the new toy, and didnt wreck a thing!! BUT On our way home I counted 126 Trucks / and trailers heading west..........

Be safe!! And here are some pics.

Last edited:

RMKer

Reaction score
pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 569

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome thanks for the update seen the sun shining yesterday wish i was riding.

but i think i heard you wrong...i heard 126 trucks? cant be right :eek::eek::eek:

beezer11

Reaction score
nice pictures!!!!! you lucky devils. i should not have checked this out while at work, now i feel i should go load up and head out. any day riding is better than a day at work!!!!!

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice pictures!!!!! you lucky devils. i should not have checked this out while at work, now i feel i should go load up and head out. any day riding is better than a day at work!!!!!

I agree that one day of riding is better than a day of work, but if your repair bill is 7 more days of work.........

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clemina Creek will be groomed from 4km for tomorrow. Please use the staging area and the paralelling trail to access the area.

Still not enough snow for the other two........sucks !

Lots of sledders in Chappell and Allan today. Chappell trail is bumped out, but the area is still holding the best snow IMO

Please see the attachment for the Full Update

Attachments

• Dec 3, 2010.pdf
    62 KB · Views: 212

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Attempted to get into Oasis today, not a good plan. Least amount of snow I have seen there at this time of year. We gave up and didn't get to the alpine.

Last edited:

Sledneck911

Reaction score
Went to Allan today! Was good but still lots of rocks! There was about a foot or so of fresh on top of a crust but in the trees there was lots of powder! Trail not groomed yet pretty rough and a few ice patches but not too bad!

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode allan today. Very good powder but LOTs of rocks. Got really far back with awesome snow but then my sled broke down :(

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Attempted to get into Oasis today, not a good plan. Least amount of snow I have seen there at this time of year. We gave up and didn't get to the alpine.

Told you so.... thanks for trying anyways.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so the groomer had a rough time and we will not be grooming again until we get some snow. hung up on stumps behind the cabin, churnin up dirt etc etc. He left a great trail for tomorrow, but we tried and im sorry we just cant do it again.............WE NEED SNOW:mad:.

snoproflyboy

Reaction score
Rode Allen today and like everyone else said there is still a few rocks and stumps. The trail up has a good patch of ice on it so if you plan on going up watch out for that spot. Still all and all I had a awesome time up on the hill.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chitty did you get it out ?

It was still rideable, just all my electronics died and once I got about 4000rpm it would bog out, made for an interesting ride out. Tried playing with it back at the truck and the fuses were blown so put some new fuses in and blew instantly as soon as I started it up.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode cleminA to today about as good as it gets I guess we just need snow! I made it to km 6 before I broke my front shock brack and arm on my rear susp let the other guys go up went to vinnys picked one up reinstalled at chemina parking lot. But the 880 is still running lean according to the egts only 1150, plugs arefairly grey. Jetted up in the hotel Parking lot man I hate jetting these xp's

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode clemina today and had a blast, still early but enough snow in the back bowls to get stuck, well almost lol. Love the new m8 really pulls hard no damage today hopefully chappel is good tomorrow brap braap.

Top Bottom