2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

CTB

Reaction score
rode allan yesterday it was good about three feet of powder no real base though had to watch for stumps and rocks and rode clemina today in morning glory it was awesome from four to six feet of snow but a bit of a base would be nice.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont have much to add. was to busy riding on saturday ( chappel ) to take any deecent pictures.

rode allan today to recover my friends sled. some good snow in there got a few good pulls in but headed home before i broke something.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm sorry, ill have to fix that.

The weather is blowing in, but today was basically clear. I went up to repair the gate, clean the cabin and do a general inspection.

Probed up to 110cm max on the flat and a 30degree NE Slope is only holding 85cm. We need more snow, but it is in the forecast for this week. The conditions up Allan are great for a tour and good ride, just not bobbin, weavin and climbing. Its still a great opportunity to get the skiis wet.

The new trail is blocked again and hopefully will be until we get the first groom done. On the old trail, the first switch trail is quite icey, not due from sledders, but from water run off it seems and I will be repairing this next summer. I made a track and flagged the second "old trail" up, its in awesome shape, but it is willowy, but have no fear they wont hurt your pretty sled. If you must ride allan, I HIGHLY recomed this route. Just keep straight and head into the willows while following my track, the beginning 35m is the thickest, after that its smooth sailing

Ive attached a few pics, (note the rain crust down55cm) the one of the probe is supposed to be showing 100cm on the flat in this location, but it didnt come out

Attachments

• PB293493.jpg
    PB293493.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 818
  • PB293494.jpg
    PB293494.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 831
  • PB293495.jpg
    PB293495.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 820
  • PB293497.jpg
    PB293497.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 818
  • PB293498.jpg
    PB293498.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 821
  • PB293499.jpg
    PB293499.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 820
  • PB293501.jpg
    PB293501.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 827
  • PB293502.jpg
    PB293502.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 828
Last edited:

Maxwe

Reaction score
when we were in revy on the weekend that same rain crust is there.
it let go on a couple of hills.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My plow operator just phoned in on the sat phone as he was out clearing for kinder morgan and said that the snowline starts just north of the clemina area and keeps on going south.

He reported a minimum of 6" + in each lot and closer to 18" in Chappell.

All parking areas will be plowed for Friday

Conditions should be great for th e upcoming weekend !

shellnekov

Reaction score
Grooming for the weekend? 8 of us coming up Monday morning, leave some for us. Better yet, SNOW HARD!!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that all from last night or is it included with the previous dump of snow?

I believe that would partially include the dump on Thurs/Fri, but if I relate it to chappell it would have compacted from the 12" so most likely 8-10 of new. Chappell gets the same snow as Blue (usually more:d) and someone is reporting 12" but no pics.....lol

Either way theres fresh out there and we will be hitting it. Still not enough to go off, so ride smart and cautious guys.

GROOMING is doubtful, but not out of the question. I will know by thursday night if we are able to do anything yet.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that would partially include the dump on Thurs/Fri, but if I relate it to chappell it would have compacted from the 12" so most likely 8-10 of new. Chappell gets the same snow as Blue (usually more:d) and someone is reporting 12" but no pics.....lol

Either way theres fresh out there and we will be hitting it. Still not enough to go off, so ride smart and cautious guys.

GROOMING is doubtful, but not out of the question. I will know by thursday night if we are able to do anything yet.

What do you mean by enough to go off? Like enough to 'go crazy'?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey All

Wish I could provide a better update, BUT to date we have not received any more snow in the town of Valemount. Word has it the snow was falling pretty good yesterday just north of Clemina and beyond, but I have not seen its affect on the trails etc etc. And today is not looking promising for more snowfall

Ill will be looking for some more direct info today and possibly driving down to have a look at the staging areas for myself tomorrow.

Thank you
Curtis

Top Bottom