2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of precip around here lately. We havent been able to see the mountains for over three days

Web Cam isnt showing much, but when she breaks, there got to be a load of white of up:d

This season is looking to be getting off to a good start so far !

A few new things for this year include a new and designated parking lot for the Westridge Area as the other one did not work with BC Hydro, a BCA Beacon Training Park will be installed in the Clemina Creek Cabin and each Toll Booth will be outfitted with a BCA Beacon Checker. Just more reminders to play safe out there and head out prepared. A good saying for this year is to "Ride today to ride tomorrow"

Click here for a list of Avalanche Courses offered by Zacs Tracs in the Valemount Area

For more info, please visit Home - Valemount Area Recreation Development Association

See you on the snow ! :d

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good things Curtis. Any more info on the Beacon Checkers?

There just a neet little device that is made up of a bunch of LEDs, when you come up to the booth with no beacon it will display a RED X and if you are wearing a functioning beacon it will display a GREEN 0. Not foolproof, but just another step along the way in reminding everyone to wear em and make sure they are working properly

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding back country with no beacon!! Shouldnt be a red x it should be a go home signal !! Use your heads thanks for the help already VARDA !!!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
There just a neet little device that is made up of a bunch of LEDs, when you come up to the booth with no beacon it will display a RED X and if you are wearing a functioning beacon it will display a GREEN 0. Not foolproof, but just another step along the way in reminding everyone to wear em and make sure they are working properly

Very cool idea .................. :beer::d:beer:

ShenaT

Reaction score
Hey all,
My gf and I are trying to plan a nov trip to valemount. We are two girls and she just bought a brand new sled that she will be getting used to so I was wondering if someone could recommend a riding area that is easily accessible, and has lots of meadows and rolling hills, and of course good snow. Also, I went last year weekend of nov 27th and snow was great, was wondering what a weekend earlier would be like. We are planning it for nov 21/22. Lastly, is it gonna be getting busy at all that weekend, should I reserve a hotel room? Thanks everyone!

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think you need to reserve any rooms at that time but always safe then sorry! As for riding area it all depends on snow !! Cant go wrong with allan creek ! but little more easier would be clemina ,keep in touch with Curtis and varda and they will let u know up to date conditions! We are planning a trip 25,26,27 and your more then welcome to join ! hope this helps

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
allan or clemina creek forsure. depending on snow levels the trail could still have some rough patches but most likely will be ok.

shouldnt have to worry about a hotel room but doesnt hurt to make the call.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im sure we will be riding and you would be welcome to tag along. remember, that still is early season riding and you have to take it for what it is and ride smart, or it can cost you in the back pocket real quick

dano30

Reaction score
i sure hope so i cant wait to come back to valemont. was the best riding in my life, ive never seen snow like that.:d

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First ride of the year for us last year was the 12th of NOV i have a video of it on here it was awsome.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its finally beginning to look like winter around here lately. We've got a fresh dose in the alpine over the weekend and the mountain tops are all white again!

Top Bottom