2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the updated driving out on wednesday and riding 3 days hope you get more snow out there before we head out.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its gettin desperate out there folks:(:(

A great day in the sun and a good time was had by all, but with depth of 120cm in clemina, you are still playing roulette if you insist on hill pouding and tree diving.

We did groom last night but cannot due it again until we get some snow, hopefully the forecast is correct and will actually bring a decent load of snow

Still lots of fun out there, but the trails are getting pounded. Please start dancing and praying for snow !

Here are a few shots from chappell and clemina this weekend

Attachments

• PC033513.JPG
    PC033513.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 902
  • PC033516.jpg
    PC033516.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 873
  • PC033521.jpg
    PC033521.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 885
  • PC043524.jpg
    PC043524.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 877
  • PC043526.jpg
    PC043526.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 886
  • PC043527.jpg
    PC043527.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 886
  • PC043528.jpg
    PC043528.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 874
  • PC043530.jpg
    PC043530.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 883

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just got back from chappel...yup 630pm....there was a crew of us pulling people through the creek. snow was excellent! still way low obviously but a great day! trail is BRUTAL i feel like i have been tumbling around in the dryer all day. i wont be back there until its groomed. im way to out of shape to do that again LOL

pics and vids to follow

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought i would let everyone know, went the extra drive to blue river today to see how it compared to allan. Had a way better time today then yesterday at allan creek. We rode groundhog and it was AMAZING. No worries with rocks or trees, and had LOTS of fresh powder. The trail up was a good time as well.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode chappel today and like maxwell said there was a crew of guys just to get through the creek hopefully that gets better soon trail is oh my god rough but the powder in some spots is awesome. The new m pulls better and better every climb. Gonna do a half day or so in allan tomorrow before we head back home will post some pics once back home

smurferdude

Reaction score
i just got back from chappel...yup 630pm....there was a crew of us pulling people through the creek. snow was excellent! still way low obviously but a great day! trail is BRUTAL i feel like i have been tumbling around in the dryer all day. i wont be back there until its groomed. im way to out of shape to do that again LOL

pics and vids to follow

Maxwell, I think it was more like a crew of us pulling that heavy yamaha of yours out of the creek. LOL

That trail up chappel it nothing less then true torture, I have never rode anything so ruff for so long. Was worth every minute however, once up top. We tucked down into the trees for some boondocking and for the second day in a row found nothing but untouched powder, lots of nice little meadows to play in too.

More snow is for sure needed. Didn't break anything on the sled though, good thing as I am using my buddies M7 till I finish fixing my M8 from Allen creek two weekends ago.

Curtis...you gonna be at the "office" tomorrow at all? We were thinking of stoping in for a bit.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Curtis,What were those 2 guys in orange doing up that side hill on Friday? I seen them there when I broke a new trail down to the second lake just below them.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis, is that slab from Clemina or Chappel. Looks like the hill just above where the groomer turns around heading to Goat Ridge.

Is there some lower snowpack instability again this year?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Curtis,What were those 2 guys in orange doing up that side hill on Friday? I seen them there when I broke a new trail down to the second lake just below them.

we were diggin a snow pit. there is a photo of the beginning dig just above in the posts.

The little slide was a south facing slope in danger basin. 30cm down on a wind crust

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good time had by all this weekend! Rode Chappel on Friday along with 100 other guys ! Good snow to be found in creek beds and meadows , Rode Clemina Sat lots of rock and trees still showing went into morning glory on the way down and found some good snow on west side back in the trees sorry no pics or vid next time!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah glad you guys had a good time, would have like to meet you in chappell unit1, it was a great weekend for riding, just had to tread carefully. Cant go wrong with blue bird days:d

Allan today was great, superbowl was almost all untouched. good times, but with a very shallow base, Im still treading lightly

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed up allan today and inspected the gate, all was well except the trail had been ridden and obviously by a good amount of sleds ????? Hmmmm So i walked up the trail and found that they must have come down the trail only and then took to the bush to ride the most brutal rocks,stumps, trees to get back to the main trail.........SERIOUSLY GUYS ???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope whatever damage you caused going through the stumps was worth it. You were already up the trial and simply had to ride down the proper trail ???? I really do not get it, the hard part was over?????

Oh well, you were Caught on Candid Camera ! Just no real identifying proof, minus jacket and helmet color.

I will be talking with my club to see if they want to post the pics

One guy, green 2010 cat BRIGHT ORANGE pants, brown coat

Another guy, grey pants, POWDER BLUE jacket, black helmet with a large SKULL on the side looked to be on a new RMK

And then a group of cats went through in the dark and the photos did not turn out so well.......

Geeeesh Guys you made it up the icey trail, but were too scared to come down or what?????? IDIOTS

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well looks like it is going to be snowing the whole time we are out there next week.
Should be good.

Top Bottom