2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Chappel today. Wow. The trail really needs more snow so the groomer can be put to use. The last creek is still flowing hard and pretty iced up, the entire trail up is POUNDED. The snow on top was great, with plenty untouched, there are rocks everywhere but thats early season riding. Site wont let me upload pics though.:mad: Going to Clemina tomorrow, explore around Goat Ridge hopefully. Cheers. :beer:

tread carefully in clemina.......lot of fun to be had, but ride cautious

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Allan on Friday didn't see any gates on the trail? Just a rope at the bottom and top closing off the portion of the trail for the groomer. The 'old' trail was in alright condition going up.. coming down was a little sketchy, missed the path you made Curtis to avoid those icy switchbacks.. was a bit of a rodeo through that part! Snow was good where you could find it not ridden out. (don't know names.. about 4 drops back there was ample of it friday)

Clemina on Saturday.. Definitely appreciated the attempt to groom.. Really did help out a lot as we went back on Sunday and the trail was much worse. Snow was really good past goat ridge.. looked like nobody had been there all year. Sunday went into Morning glory, met a guy on the way down hit a rock and blew his Rad. Lots and lots of rocks there.. Untouched though in places, just to scared to do much then putts around!

Heavy snowfall is needed for next weekend to be powdery!

To see the gate on the bottom you would have to go through the snowfence and look around the corner, so thank you very much for sticking to the plan, we really appreciate it. glad you had a good weekend with no carnage. believe me we are all snow dancin around here and wanting to make everyone happy, so lets keep wishin for snow so life can get back to normal......smooth trails and DEEEEEP Alpine :d

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The forecast looks great! A buddy and I are coming in on friday night, the Best Western is almost fully booked, hoping for a safe and fun weekend!
Doing my snow dance right now, let the clouds bust loose!

oly

Reaction score
We have a group of 8-10 guys rolling into town Thurs. Tried for my fav spot best western but it had no room. So we are staying at the Chalet. I'm not to sure on were to go yet and hope all this snow does roll in. I was there 2 weeks ago and snow was great minus the no base part. Now if this fresh comes in that would be great. Just thinking maybe going to key hole or somewhere less tracked out.. what do you think Curtis? I would like to even get into Chappel but it looks like you and Max pounded every sq/in around the trees! LOL. Anyways hope to see some of you guys out there! My group will be in the big red cabouse sled trailer.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not so sure you could access keyhole? alot of tree riding to get in there. stumps and deadfall arent covered yet.

if you go into chappel it wont dissapoint. but the trail is rough going.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're leaving Grande Cache at 5 am Friday morning. Should roll into Valemount around 8 am BC time. Likely hit Allen on Friday, then play it by ear from there. If the forecast pulls through for us it should be a pretty good weekend. It sounds like we are bringing a buddies big lifted EnerMax Super Duty and an enclosed; also staying at the Chalet. Let's go snow.:beer::beer:

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look like my A$$HOLE friends are backing out on me. we were supposed to leave at noon tomorrow.

oly

Reaction score
Ya I figured for key hole..
I will most likely see you guys on the hill or at the hotel in the tub sometime! I'm actually on the fence right now but my buds will be borrowing the red ca-buse.. I had my buds back out 30 min before leaving 2 weeks ago... so I know the feeling... IT SUCKS! I'm going to try and make it anyways if work can slow down a bit.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look like my A$$HOLE friends are backing out on me. we were supposed to leave at noon tomorrow.

That sucks man, should be lots of folks up if we get the forecasted fresh just come anyway, if we dont get snow ur better off at home unforunately................

Clouds have rolled in and the wind is blowing, but no sign of snow yet:rant:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks man, should be lots of folks up if we get the forecasted fresh just come anyway, if we dont get snow ur better off at home unforunately................

Clouds have rolled in and the wind is blowing, but no sign of snow yet:rant:

Come on Curtis; tell us that all hell broke loose overnight and you can't open the doors to get out of the house this morning.

Top Bottom