09 xp blowen motor on rental

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a good business strategy in my opinion.....

Any idea what the mileage on the sled was? Crashing it is one thing, can't see how mechanical failure can be held against the renter.... thats like renting a car from Budget having the motor go and them telling you you are responsible for replacing said motor...

I'd fight it tooth & nail...

as a rental company, just like the rest of us, it has to be expected that a certain percentage of sleds will suffer from pre-mature mechanical issues.

Tell them about Snow and Mud and that thier decision good or bad will be made public for the 25000 members on here...

So his sled trip was ruined...if anything they should be compensating him in good faith..

and one very prolific poster called bogger.:d:d

Parad0x01

Reaction score
I agree with everyone else. They can't charge him for mechanical failure, its a damn rental.

330AC

Reaction score
jhsummit, thanks for the information, saw the same thing happen when one of the rental shops in Revy tried that on an ussuspecting renter, he held his ground and the DB backed off. Having said that, i am sure rental companies could write a book about stupid stuff they see and have to deal with.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at our local shop here i always laugh when someone brings in a sled with a twisted up tunnel. and they ask him. sir how did this happen? uhhmmmm jeeze not sure thats strange!.

well would you like to purchase this sled it would be cheaper.

mechanical failures IMO are the problem of the rental shop.

structural failures are not.

but did you read the fine print?

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
jhsummit, thanks for the information, saw the same thing happen when one of the rental shops in Revy tried that on an ussuspecting renter, he held his ground and the DB backed off. Having said that, i am sure rental companies could write a book about stupid stuff they see and have to deal with.

Your welcome. And yes, I could easily write a book on all the dumb chit I've dealt with over the years. Between snowmobile rentals and tours to river trips, I've just about seen it all.
People are always looking for the best deal on rentals but the bottom line is when you see a rental company that is renting the same equipement as the guy down the road for $80.00 a day cheaper, you have to think about how they make up the difference. Most of the time, it's screwing people over. The best "deal" out there, isn't always the best deal.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just would be good info ,throw their name up here as well :) Give them some nice exposure ...

I think he did "all seasons rentals" in calgary.. unless you talking names of the people who he is dealing with specifically lol

ONETON

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your luck, had a buddy rent 3 sleds for allseason too, 2 broke down , one lite on fire and the other puked 3/4 tank of fuel in 5 min on first ride out and caused engine damage. They want him to pay for everything. So I'd fight them on everything. Oh ya, he now has a lawsuit against them!!!

allseason

Reaction score
Probably wouldn't hurt to make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau,see what they have to say,and they file the complaint against the company that stands for 2 or 3 years, In this day almost a forgotten resource, I myself forgot it, I use it now though. I've rented before i dont care for rental companies either,crappy deal hope this helps.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Triple "B"s are the biggest joke out there.
They have ZERO clout when it comes to getting justice.

miss kris

Reaction score
I am posting this to get more info for a buddy. We talked our buddy into renting a sled for last weekend so he did. He rented from All Season Rentals in Calgary. He picked it up thur night and we hauled it to revy in our heated enclosed trailer. Friday morning unload to ride boulder. We let everything warm up as we buy our passes. (4 other 08 xp's in the group not rentals) Get 4 KM up the trail and the motor goes 9:30am. Tow it down and call them they don't beleive us. He drops it off and tries to get his money back and they won't plus yesterday they call him and tell him he has to pay for the motor cause of cold start. They said they took it to the dealer in calgary and they agree.
What are your thoughts and are they trying to screw him?
Thanks

My thoughts are please try to get your buddy to contact me. We rented from them in Jan, had some issues. I dont wnat to say too much on a public forum because we are in a lawsuit with them. send me a private message if your buddy is interested in speaking with me.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep same story - rented from them years ago - quads, took 4, only 3 worked good, one was a pile of ch!t and hardly ran. We called them on the sat phone right away after we unloaded and they just said, Oh, too bad. We were 2 hrs from Cowtown or we would have taken it back. Sucked it up and rode.

Dropped the quads off, as the guy unloaded the crappy one, we told him that they need to look at it because it barely runs, he just backed it into line with the rest of them, running poorly and all, I'm sure it went out that next day without anyone ever even taking the spark plug out and probably wrecked someone else's ride as well. We asked for $$$ back, the b!tch at the desk just shrugged and said: "oh too bad it didn't work for you." no apology, nothing. Asked again and she never answered the question.

Fawk them, they will never ever ever see another dime of my $$$$. Crooks. Fight the charges to your buddy tooth and nail, they do not take care of the equipment IMO and that was the cause of the engine fail, not your buddies riding.

kootenay1025

Reaction score
the same rental outfit did the same thing to my budy with a quad.....rented it for the weekend...lasted 3 km up a road and the motor went....same deal they tried to blame him and charge him for the motor..He stuck to him guns and they backed down...they never give him his money back . but they did give him in store coupons for other rentals....their crooks

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice move. It will be interesting to see if they have the balls to defend their bullchit.

I wouldn't hold my breath, people with these types of morals do not give a fat rats a$$ what we think of their treatment of customers.:beer:

ftasv360

Reaction score
Rented a quad from there two years ago and as kootney said got 3km up the trail. Quad crapped out and had to tow it back to the trailer and bring home. Dropped it off tuesday morning as it was rented for a long weekend to go to BC. Was told that I would be responsible for the costs until they determined what the problem was. Fought over it for almost two months and had to keep calling them for answers and got the run around as well about, "have to have the shop look in to it" and "the mechaninc isn't in right now". Continued to push the issue as I am a auto mechanic myself so understand the b.s. that I am being fed. After all was said and done I found out the the quad had been previously rented and had come back "clean" but after All Season looked at the quad further after my return found mud packed everywere that was not "visible" when they did there return inspection before I rented it. It appears that the keyway that holds the flywheel to the crank sheared off and it was due to a suspected backfire from the mud bogger. I feel the same that if I didn't stand my ground I would have had to either buy tyhe quad or pay to have it repaired. All they did for me was give me gift certificates for "rentals only" even though I was told I would be able to purchase product from the store. Since then I have only rented trailers from them (no motors to break) however this has also been a joke, as they have let me go with lights not working, and this is with there guy checking, which was found out when my wife checked the lights as we were ready to leave from the house after everything was loaded. One of the last rental trailers I got from them, I picked the trailer up and drove approx 15km only to walk behind the trailer and find that the ramp was missing. Phoned them to raise sh!t and was told by two people that I have to backtrack to find the ramp. As it turned out the "safety pin" that they used to hold the ramp inplace fell out and the ramp had slid forward under the trailer and had dropped down at the front and was just about to wedge into the ground at the front of the trailer. I am down to my last rental from the gift certificates and will NEVER rent or buy anything from there again. Just my little story.:rant::rant::rant::rant:

Megatol

Reaction score
Another horrible story

Rented 2 quads + insurance + helmets + trailer from All Season Rental Adventures one week ago. After couple hours whole swingarm assembly fell off from one of the quads, the reason is pivot bolt got loose and finally got unscrewed completely. It took us 2 hours to push quad back to road. And because one quad got broken we can't use second, because if something happened how can one person push 400 kg machine in off-road conditions.

When we return it on Monday morning (June 13), we complained about our ruined weekend and asked about refund. All Season Rental did inspection same day and they confirmed that it was their fault, they didn't tied up pivot bolt properly, but they deny to give us refund in original form of payment, they just offered gift certificate for one day quad rental. We asked them for amount to be at least 50% of original payment, because we didn't use insurance, helmet etc. Finally they give us one day quad rental and 50% off for trailer rental, we had no choice but take this.

And this is not the end of the story: four days later (4 days !) they called us to notify what license plate was missing on the trailer and ask to pay almost $150 for new license plate + job to install it. We told them that we returned everything on Monday and not responsible what happened with the trailer 4 days later, they could rent it somebody else during this time, it could get stolen from their parking lot etc. Also they tell every client that they do video inspection before every rental, and when I ask them to show me video just to verify if license plate was on the trailer, they didn't find video (probably it doesn't exists) and just showed me inspection video from June 7 (5 days before I got the trailer). What was interesting, that trailer was attached to red truck, which is not my vehicle. Basically they just showed me somebody else inspection and told they it is valid proof.

In the end they told me that they will not prove me anything and just charged my credit card. Will never rent anything from them anymore.

Top Bottom