Shoutout

linzoid

Reaction score
Eagles Pass Sunday Feb 20 Buddy blew his motor a couple bowls back. We tried towing in a couple configurations but couldnt get over a couple really big hills. Passersby stopped to help and next thing we knew there were 23 people with ropes and slings and donated tackle all working together to pull his sled up some very steep hills by hand, many people trying to exit or get past us stopped to help us with this impossible task. So we heaved ho, a foot at a time for 4-5 hours and everyone stayed to the end to help.
It wasnt my sled but I have to say I am still in awe and grateful and so impressed with the people in this community who gave up their time and pushed themselves to exhaustion to help our buddy out.

Here's to you! Thank You!

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For some reason, I find eagles to have the best camaraderie of sledders. Cabin stays clean and low vandalism. People are more social and helpful. Not sure why. Perhaps after dealing with the chitty parking, often chitty long trail, and generally more advanced terrain, there's more of a "we're here to sled and not dic around" vibe.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For some reason, I find eagles to have the best camaraderie of sledders. Cabin stays clean and low vandalism. People are more social and helpful. Not sure why. Perhaps after dealing with the chitty parking, often chitty long trail, and generally more advanced terrain, there's more of a "we're here to sled and not dic around" vibe.ma
Maybe it's because the trail is too long for the Riders that don't go past the cabin and are only there for a Fashion show.

linzoid

Reaction score
Should have just got a collection plate and called a heli. Would have saved everyone 5 hours. That many people it would have only been 20$ each for glacier to grab it.
I was thinking the same thing several times through that ordeal lol

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should have just got a collection plate and called a heli. Would have saved everyone 5 hours. That many people it would have only been 20$ each for glacier to grab it.

And no awesome story to tell about sledders coming together to help each other in a time of need.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
You aren’t getting a chopper for $460
On an empty back haul off eagles it wouldn’t be a lot more than that. Probably 800$ would do it if they had their A star. 600$ for the 206 to grab it. They would drop it right in their yard. Even cheaper if you do all the hook up and they don’t have to land.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Buddy of mine helicoptered out a sled from eagles and it was just shy of 1100 from glacier 2 weeks ago
That in my opinion is cheap compared to wasting 5 hours of possibly your one or 2 trips of the season and potentially wrecking another machine in the process.

Top Bottom