Valemount RCMP looking for....... Rules & Regs for Trailers/Loads

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before, but when I was in Valemount between Christmas and New Years they had a checkstop. This is the info sheet they were giving out and breifly describes what infractions they are looking for.

Attachments

• SCN001.PDF
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,278
Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Valemount RCMP looking for.......

Thanks for the information..

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Not sure if this has been posted before, but when I was in Valemount between Christmas and New Years they had a checkstop. This is the info sheet they were giving out and breifly describes what ifractions they are looking for.

thanks very much for posting this for all to see. I'm going to make this thread a "sticky" so its always on top.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

bcregs.jpg

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for converting it over Teeroy, I couldnt figure it out.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for converting it over Teeroy, I couldnt figure it out.
no problem bro, thought it would get more attention posted up....I hate clicking on stuff....lol. here is the IMG link if you want to drop it into your first post, just remove the spaces between the IMG tags

url]

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

this will have to be posted in the fog light thread.....
it wouldn't matter. they will just say that BC is different and run their FOG lights anyways....

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The height is interesting as I'm sure I'm over 6'8" by at least a foot. My truck has front clearance lights but not sure what is meant by rear clearance lights?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The height is interesting as I'm sure I'm over 6'8" by at least a foot. My truck has front clearance lights but not sure what is meant by rear clearance lights?
the 6' 8" measurement is the width to have to run side and rear clearance lights. under that width, no clearance lights are required. rear clearance lights are the rearward facing red lights that indicate the width of your vehicle, to be legal there must be 5.....one each on the extreme outside and three in the center. like on a stock dually pickup...

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

opps teeroy beat me to it but can delete post!!!!

I dont see anything on that sheet that says about height.......6'8" is width!

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think that all HID lights are Csa approved, if bought in Canada.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF!!! So is that saying that you cant use Fog lights at anytime, while your headlights are on?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought that better lights were to help with better visibility which in turn makes for better safety on the road. If used properly there should not be an issue. We are traveling on mountain roads in slick conditions with the possibility of wildlife being on the road. The RCMP in Valemont and Golden need to get with the program that every other detachment in Canada is on. Some of their policy's in BC only are bordering on retardation.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought that better lights were to help with better visibility which in turn makes for better safety on the road. If used properly there should not be an issue. We are traveling on mountain roads in slick conditions with the possibility of wildlife being on the road. The RCMP in Valemont and Golden need to get with the program that every other detachment in Canada is on. Some of their policy's in BC only are bordering on retardation.
I'm not gonna mess around....I will pack my stock headlight bulbs (or at least the Phillips HIR bulbs) with me just in case. If they will not listen to the reasoning that I have changed out complete housings to be compliant, then I will take the ticket and just pop the halogen bulbs back in.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not going to Valemount......or I would be in jail! I ended up in court years ago over fog lights and won.....as for everything else on my truck.....I will just have to pull over...walk up to them....tell them to hand cuff me.....and put me in jail because if I get going on that $h!T, it wont be nice!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
opps teeroy beat me to it but can delete post!!!!

I dont see anything on that sheet that says about height.......6'8" is width!

Lol I must have been drunk when I read that as there is clearly nothing about height...wow.

You say better lights but the ones I most often see are not better lights, they are cheap 6000k+ HID kits poorly retrofitted into housings with reflectors designed for conventional bulbs. He may think he can see more but anything over 4300k just washes details away and the poor housing/aim blinds me when I pass oncoming traffic. Same with foglights, they are usually ok but the new fords and especially the new dodges have very bright fogs and when you put some weight on the back or on the hitch it throws the aim off and right into my eyes.

I hope they apply common sense to properly upgraded lighting but also I hope the flatbrim, white oakley, diesel ricers with HID's get fined.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man they'd make a killing ticketing minivans or anyother small vehicle hidden in front of a travel trailer in the summer!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope they apply common sense to properly upgraded lighting but also I hope the flatbrim, white oakley, diesel ricers with HID's get fined.
not only fined but shut down. that will be the only way they will get the point. I bet we will see threads about tickets for HID's soon....

Top Bottom