Valemount RCMP looking for....... Rules & Regs for Trailers/Loads

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me on Sunday after leaving Chappell... Cop flew by rockin' lights, sirens, and more lights... including leaving his/her high beams on while passing... I'll make sure to bring that up if I'm ever stopped.

let us know how that goes for you.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let us know how that goes for you.

Will do. It's not just about lights, as that doesn't bother me. It's the fact that those who are law enforcers should be setting the example, not conforming.

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2

I run 3K HID Fog lights and only on when it's snowing or raining hard or foggy. I also keep them aimed low, along with my headlights, and dim them when I pass slower vehicles.

Another thing I do is run air bags on my truck to keep the back end from sagging too far when I have a load on. This is the biggest problem I see out there. For some reason almost all the fullsize trucks-especially lifted ones, seem like you can't even put a jerry can in the back without them sagging two inches-my truck included!! This goes for cars and vans or anything pulling trailers that don't have adjustable rear suspension! If more people would think about sht like that before they take off down the road, it would piss alot less people off!!

It's not that they dont notice the problem, they either dont care, dont know how to or choose not to spend the money to solve the problem....air bags are your friend.

Used to run a van with air shocks, a compressor and a 4-way diverter value....have been meaning to do the same with the air bags.....

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well seen a tundra with sled deck, two sleds and pulling a enclosed trailer at gas station in revi, and then a cop stop at lifted truck across the parking lot for tinted windows. So where are there brains. I am sure a tundra is off limit with all that and has lights pointing to the mountain peak. HMMMMMMMMMM

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently Valemount RCMP don't like it when you're in the process of slowing down from 70 to 60 right before Tete Jaun Junction... But don't slow down fast enough... Raked in a heft $180 speeding ticket last weekend........

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently Valemount RCMP don't like it when you're in the process of slowing down from 70 to 60 right before Tete Jaun Junction... But don't slow down fast enough... Raked in a heft $180 speeding ticket last weekend........
when we were there a few weekends ago they nailed some sledders doing 60 over in that area. took their ch!t and locked it up, trailer and all. we were talking to the cop in the bar on firday night, he was actually a pretty cool guy. I think his name was Moe Smith, younger guy....spikey kind of hair. he was even offering rides home from the bar. he said they are following the prime directive, and are not popular for it.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to sweat bullets going into Tete Jaun cause it never failed I'd get the Level 3 inspection

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I think that was pierre from just north of morinville. He said they took the truck and all must be the same guy. That was with the bosses truck too. LOL

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I think that was pierre from just north of morinville. He said they took the truck and all must be the same guy. That was with the bosses truck too. LOL
that sucks man. we were on our best behaviour, checked and doublechecked that all our junk was in working order, sleds properly secured, everyone had their paperwork, drove the speed limit, never drank on the hill or the parking lot....never saw a single cop or got hassled in 5 days. go figure

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a matter of respect and many have none...
that and education. simply put you can NOT put HID's in your factory housings, they spread light EVERYWHERE and blind EVERYONE. you need projector's (projo), they have cutoff plates inside the headlight that have a very sharp and definitive cutoff line so they dont spray light everywhere, just down. also if you are running HID's in the projo's anything above 4300-4500k is a waste, the higher the kelvin rating the more blue the light it has, the human eye has difficulty seeing blue light at night so anything above 6000-8000k is a complete waste and your being a douch for blinding everyone (the higher the kelvin the brighter the light). as for fog lights they spray light EVERYWHERE, ALLWAYS. if your running HID's in your fog's, TURN THEM OFF,(unless your alone on the highway and NEED them) again, you are blinding EVERYONE. a guy that live's by me has a new dodge sport and has 10,000-12,000k HID's in his factory housings and fog lights and how he thinks thats ok is mindboggling, everyone in our area complains and a few guys say much more of that and they are gonna bust them out one night, it's A-holes like this that are wrecking it for everyone and has johnny-law harassing the rest of us. if you run HID's DONT BE A DOUCH, use projector headlight's, dont run anything brighter than 6000-8000k (4300-4500 are best) and keep your fog lights OFF. a little consideration goes a LONG way. and when said D-B has his uber-lights on on the highway i watch the line on the road on the passenger side untill he passes me, that way im not blinded by his lights and ignorance. hope this helps...

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent last week in Valmount, cops must be bored there. Everyday there was a speed trap between town and 16. Must not be much other crime to concern themselves with besides monitoring traffic?

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent last week in Valmount, cops must be bored there. Everyday there was a speed trap between town and 16. Must not be much other crime to concern themselves with besides monitoring traffic?

RCMP Traffic Services.

They are dispatched to only enforce traffic law.

Traffic Services

xpsledneck

Reaction score
Re: Valemount RCMP looking for.......

the 6' 8" measurement is the width to have to run side and rear clearance lights. under that width, no clearance lights are required. rear clearance lights are the rearward facing red lights that indicate the width of your vehicle, to be legal there must be 5.....one each on the extreme outside and three in the center. like on a stock dually pickup...
i was going to say there is a lot of jacked up trucks that excede 6'8" considering my new stock dodge is over 6"

Top Bottom