Alberta speeding tickets on a BC license

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right fernie.. highway for the most part is just fine. When your not in a rush it certainly helps. It does have some unfavorable sections that with weather changes allow for a lot of black ice, but if you drive appropriate to conditions... should be ok. Its the variety in the speed and size of the traffic, the lack of passing lanes, and the shorter safe dotted line sections for passing that are really not helping. I think the hwy was marked with the viewpoint of a semi bc a lot of sections deemed 'pass' should not be, then ones that say 'no pass' should let you pass. Its a combination of factors but usually the wrong decisions by the drivers that cause the accidents. For the money we pump into the province and the country, getting a twinned highway should not be that much to ask for. The amount of traffic and material that is pushed along it is ridiculous. They did a traffic survey a few years ago and said we didn't meet the traffic load requirements mon-wed for twinning justifications. but i know thurs-sun we blew it out of the water. and mon-wed is when all the tandem multi truck loads come up the highway so that there should be counted for something more.

but back to the case at hand.. Slow Down , Drive Smart, and Be Respectful to Law Enforcement. I've driven mom n dads nice vehicles, owned my own nice vehicles, been searched for drugs, and not had any issues. I actually had an officer point out that my paperwork didnt match (typing mistake by ins i believe) and that my rear tire was low. Told me it was likely typing mistake but be aware in case of accident i may have coverage issues. And made sure I knew where next gas station was to pump up tire. Had another set of cops try good cop bad cop with sled trailer in tow (didnt have proper trailer plate/registration). they asked to see inside, i took em into trailer, produced all my sleds paperwork, and after talkin to the cops they said your going straight home? yes. you promise? yes. OK park this trailer and get the right stuff, have a good night. I've been let off(trailer), had fines reduced (rolling stop), and gotten the fines i deserved (speeding). Theyve searched my vehicles (2-3x) and theres not point arguing or getting rude. If your polite they make it quick and get you on your way. They have a job to do just like anybody else. There intent is to get you home to your loved ones in one piece. Some days we probably should be thanking them for pulling us out of our rush and tunnel vision.

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got this sent to me today. I figured it belonged in here (16 is my favorite)

[FONT=&quot] Gotta love these quotes..... Those Southerners Have A Way With Words - These are actual comments made by South Carolina Troopers that were taken off their car videos: 1. "You know, stop lights don't come any redder than the one you just went through." 2. "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while." 3. "If you take your hands off the car, I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document." (My Favorite) 4. "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired." 5. "Can you run faster than 1200 feet per second? Because that's the speed of the bullet that'll be chasing you." (LOVE IT) 6. "You don't know how fast you were going? I guess that means I can write anything I want to on the ticket, huh?" 7. "Yes, sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh, did I mention that I'm the shift supervisor?" 8. "Warning! You want a warning? O.K, I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket." 9. "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?" 10. "Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and corn dogs and step in monkey poop." 11. "Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven." 12. "In God we trust; all others we run through NCIC." ( National Crime Information Center ) 13. "Just how big were those 'two beers' you say you had?" 14. "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we can." 15. "I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail." AND THE WINNER IS.... 16. "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't. Sign here." [/FONT]

Top Bottom