Alberta speeding tickets on a BC license

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so my son got clipped in a complete speed trap on the Icefields parkway.The dick of a cop said you have to appear in canmore on a summons .i say BS for a speeding ticket the courts have better things to do than waste time on that.There is no way in hell we are going to drive all the way there for that .Have any other BC drivers had a similar situation.What could they possably do anyway if you do not pay as our 2 systems are totally seperate.IE ICBC in BC can force you to pay by denying your insurance.I would think ALta is SOL trying to enforce it on a BC license other than if they catch you again in Alta.Any ifo would be appr.

Chunk

Reaction score
Why not just pay it? I believe the systems are all linked, they never used to be. Pretty sure they'll get their money.

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
If it is a pink ticket you will have a warrant for you arrest in Alberta, if u get pulled over that was what I was told by a retired rc but a regular ticket that allows you to pay it that is yellow you can get away without paying it, I've gone three years without paying one i got in bc they just send you letters an I keep sending them back saying if i don't get demerits I'll pay it they just keep sending and asking for money, Im hoping they will give up and stop sending me money but guess will see.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the only time you are asked to appear when getting a speeding ticket is if you are 50Km over the limit.

Maybe tell little Johnny to slow down instead of calling some cop a dick for just doing his job......

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
I don't agree with that because I'm a younger kid and I usually get harrased up the ass when I get pulled over some cops need to be put in there place being young should have no affect on the way we should be treated so to your answer he deserved the ticket but the cop was still a dick, I have been pulled over 6 times because of the vehicles I drive (there my fathers) because they see a younger kid driving them they come up with some bullch!t excuse why they pulled you over , and everytime I get pulled over and I no I didn't do something wrong I tell the cop you can have your seperior come right the ticket just to make them explain the stupid reason they pulled me over, some cops are good guys most are jerkoffs that think there better then you because you don't have a gun an a badge.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good parenting. Ignore the law. It's for other people..........

Yup, gotta luv the guidance this guy is showing his little boy.......this is why we have so many problems....because we have taught our offspring to disrespect authority.

Maybe instead of calling the cop a ass.....give you little boy a kick in the ass.....and tell him to pay his penalty

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with that because I'm a younger kid and I usually get harrased up the ass when I get pulled over some cops need to be put in there place being young should have no affect on the way we should be treated so to your answer he deserved the ticket but the cop was still a dick, I have been pulled over 6 times because of the vehicles I drive (there my fathers) because they see a younger kid driving them they come up with some bullch!t excuse why they pulled you over , and everytime I get pulled over and I no I didn't do something wrong I tell the cop you can have your seperior come right the ticket just to make them explain the stupid reason they pulled me over, some cops are good guys most are jerkoffs that think there better then you because you don't have a gun an a badge.

Seriously????

And you expect the cop to treat you with respect with comments like that??

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
I don't have respect for people that don't show respect to me I don't care who you are I have respect for everybody and anybody once somebody be littles me then the respect is gone so ya I'm serious, you can protect cops all you want there is no reason for there bullch!t attitude to younger drivers I'm no different then you when i get pulled over I'm a male with a license an that Is how everyone should be treated intill proven otherwise.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm in the same boat as you. It's such a pain in the azz

Sent from a iPhone

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
And to comment on that statement it's because when I get pulled over for driving different vehicles I get harrased and pulled over for stupid things like not signaling going into the drive through at a fast food resteraunt, driving to far in the shoulder, actually got pulled over once for crossing a solid line when there wasn't even a single line on the row anywhere, and if the cop comes to my window and has a good reason why I have been pulled over and treats me with respect I have no problem accepting what i did wrong and pay the ticket but when a cop comes to my window and starts telling me how this cars stollen or I'm doing drugs I have no time for people like that

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
you do know everything you just said is illegal right????
maybe if you didnt break the law you wouldnt get pulled over?

if you treat a cop with repsect and be polite and dont lie and bullch!t them they are usually good. like 99% of the time....

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Actually it's not illegal to drive in the shoulder, and turning into a drive through technically isn't it ticket either because your on private property just like if you get in a accident in a parking lot nobody gets a ticket, and there is no law for driving over the imaginary centre line on a residential road, but ya the cops Allways right ehh and of course the young kid is the one being disrespectful right, heres another story I have two seadoos brand name bombardier, I guy on a purple Polaris watercraft was cuasing a problem at the lake making waves next to the boat launch and the public beach I come back from the other side of the lake dock my seadoo my girfriend was on the other one I walk to my truck to load them a RCMP officers comes out starts telling me how I'm getting a ticket for reckless driving on water, and how I'm ruining people time at the lake also telling me that I damaged other people boats sitting at the docks, he said that's your purple watercraft that people where complaining about but I have a green seadoo custom wrap on it and a bright red seadoo, he then told me to start loading my seadoos he's gunna talk to the people that reported me, so i start loading my seadoos after I took a good verbal attack from this officer so I get them loaded up the officer comes back looks at me gets in his car and leaves so I went and had a word with the people that reported the watercraft they told te officer it wasn't me that it was a older guy, so that rc didn't have any respect and come apologize to me for yelling at me in a public place because i was the first youn kid with seadoos there, that is why some cops are ignorant and classless, and I have no time for idiots like that. But hey keep defending the cops because the young kids are never right !!!!!!

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so my son got clipped in a complete speed trap on the Icefields parkway.The dick of a cop said you have to appear in canmore on a summons .i say BS for a speeding ticket the courts have better things to do than waste time on that.There is no way in hell we are going to drive all the way there for that .Have any other BC drivers had a similar situation.What could they possably do anyway if you do not pay as our 2 systems are totally seperate.IE ICBC in BC can force you to pay by denying your insurance.I would think ALta is SOL trying to enforce it on a BC license other than if they catch you again in Alta.Any ifo would be appr.

Not sure but isn't he asking about the summons not paying a fine?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I sled revy as soon as I'm in BC there's no worries about a speeding ticket cause they don't have the same demerit system as AB So just pay it and it doesn't affect your license. If you don't pay they eventually ship it to Alberta and they put demerits on it according to the price here. It will show up most time at motorvehicles That's how it's worked for me over the years. I haven't had a BC speeding ticket in two yrs so maybe things have changed

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And to comment on that statement it's because when I get pulled over for driving different vehicles I get harrased and pulled over for stupid things like not signaling going into the drive through at a fast food resteraunt, driving to far in the shoulder, actually got pulled over once for crossing a solid line when there wasn't even a single line on the row anywhere, and if the cop comes to my window and has a good reason why I have been pulled over and treats me with respect I have no problem accepting what i did wrong and pay the ticket but when a cop comes to my window and starts telling me how this cars stollen or I'm doing drugs I have no time for people like that

The grammar police should issue a warrant for your arrest just for your poor spelling and run-on sentences. Seriously: its a public liability that is causing brain aneurysms to those poor innocent bystanders who try to read the incoherent drivel you spout. Get a dictionary and English 33.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

maybe take a few minutes and have a long hard look in the mirror.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
In replying to the initial post, I will say this.

If he doesn't pay the fine and by chance goes to Alberta and happens to get stopped then the real problems will arise. They will run his plate, etc and lo' and behold an outstanding speeding ticket comes up. Into the back of the police car and down to the police station to deal with the outstanding warrant. He may be put in a cell as he has already shown he is a risk of being a no-show. The vehicle he is driving gets towed and stored. He may be able to pay the outstanding fine there and may have to wait in jail until an office opens that can take his money for the fine. Then he has to deal with getting the vehicle back.

BTW, what is a "complete speed trap"?

Be an upstanding Canadian parent and get him to pay the fine using his own coin and move on.

Top Bottom