Out of province speeding ticket.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about the twin lane 70 kph zone at the top of the Rogers pass...what a joke...I was doing 109 through there today and the people in front of me were pulling away and the people behind were catching up. This was not that long after sitting in a construction zone for close to an hour. On Saturday, on the way to Revy, the cops had two cars pulled over at the end of the 70 zone...looked like the drivers were getting the excessive speed tickets for more than 40 over...they were all standing outside their cars with bags and suitcases and were all on their phones.

As a side note...on Saturday, on the way down from Rogers Pass, we encountered no less than 10 Ghost cars/trucks headed Eastbound with lights and sirens activated...anyone have any idea what was going on? They were in groups of two and separated by 5 or 10 minutes...very weird.

There was talk on a FB road report group of a police incident south of Golden and the ERT was sent out . That’s a long haul from the Okanagan towards Cranbrook for an incident that apparently was over before they arrived.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about the twin lane 70 kph zone at the top of the Rogers pass...what a joke...I was doing 109 through there today and the people in front of me were pulling away and the people behind were catching up. This was not that long after sitting in a construction zone for close to an hour. On Saturday, on the way to Revy, the cops had two cars pulled over at the end of the 70 zone...looked like the drivers were getting the excessive speed tickets for more than 40 over...they were all standing outside their cars with bags and suitcases and were all on their phones.

As a side note...on Saturday, on the way down from Rogers Pass, we encountered no less than 10 Ghost cars/trucks headed Eastbound with lights and sirens activated...anyone have any idea what was going on? They were in groups of two and separated by 5 or 10 minutes...very weird.

They must be catching up on tax collection after no one driving during the covid farce ... qe2 and secondary highways around central Ab have been loaded in cops for the last month.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They must be catching up on tax collection after no one driving during the covid farce ... qe2 and secondary highways around central Ab have been loaded in cops for the last month.

I believe you are correct...besides the 10 Ghost trucks, we saw no less than 6 marked police cars actively ticketing people on the way to Revy and four on the way back. On most of our trips from Fernie to Vancouver, we will encounter only a couple of cars...sometimes none.

They definitely seem to be making up for lost time/money.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Golden cops are keeners, maybe the worst in the province. Have seen them almost east to Field and at the bottom of the hill before Rogers Pass. Got nothing better to do I guess?

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The multiple unmarked police vehicles With sirens is happening again today, very weird

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of province tickets. Paid on time.no demerits. No problem.
Ignore it and don’t pay. They will send it to AB and then we will attach demerits

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Out of province tickets. Paid on time.no demerits. No problem.
Ignore it and don’t pay. They will send it to AB and then we will attach demerits
Even if my dl number isn't on it?

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrong info on ticket doesn’t mean squat anymore, judge will say were you the one pulled over, and unless you want to face perjury charges you say yes.... all provinces and the USA now share data. Hire a ticket fighter might get reduced to registered owners violation depending on Crown prosecutor. Otherwise pay the tax man.

wrong. judges dont cross examine you . prosecutors do. during the officer cross examine, ask him to read the licences number. then show you yours and enter as evidence. dont take the stand. pull a ghomeshi. this is provincial court is not judge judy.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even if my dl number isn't on it?

fact that its back in sask and you have to go back for court to fight the wrong DL #, huge pain in the ass. truly, the ticket will be associated with your DL #. if its wrong, i don't see a way they can pin it on you in the future, in either provinces.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throw it out the window ( figuratively speaking) and don't worry about it. I've never ever paid a out of province ticket that I've recieved.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you’ve been watching Matlock too much.

you’ve been watching to much judge Judy.

when was the last time you witnessed a provincial judge Cross examining the crown or the defendants evidence?

wait, I’ll answer that for you. Never. Because it doesn’t work that way.

keep enjoying your TV courtrooms goof.

Top Bottom