Your a Dumb a$$ thread

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Redid the timing belt on my 1990 Toyota truck with a V6. Gotta get pretty far back into the engine for this task. Bolt everything back up, fill the coolant, look on the bench and we have 4 bolts left. Think 'Oh ch!t, that's bound to be from something round'. Hum and haw and decide to fire it up anyways. It spit out a fan belt pulley. Had to drain the coolant out and bolt that pully back to the harmonic balancer and re-fill the coolant once again.

Drinking while wrenching, works most times.... :D:D

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Myself and a bud were out for a rip on the quads. We came across this huge, long, steep hill on an ajacent cutline to us. We sat there having a drink (pop) contimplating if we should try the climb or not. Buddy finally conjured up enough courage to give it a try so he took off as I sat at the bottom watching. He made it about 3/4 the way up and got himself into a little trouble and ended up stopping sideways on the hill but didnt roll. I seen that there was a small landing or erosion ditch about 30 feet below him so I decided to rip up there and land myself on the small landing and give him a hand. Off I went and everything went as planned, I made it to the erosion ditch, put my quad in reverse and gently backed my wheels up against the bank to stablize my quad from rolling and walked up to help out buddy. Once we got him over the top we both walked down to my quad. I figured if I just pinned it forward and buddy watched my front end, it should come up and over the top with no problem. I fired up my quad and everyone got into position and I pinned it....WHOOPS>>> I was still in reverse. I flipped right over the handle bars and the quad... well it made it back to the bottom no problem. Rolled probably 15 times.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last fishing trip of the year a couple weeks ago. Backed up to the lake, took the boat out. Proceeded to start a fire by pouring about a gallon of liquid fire starter on the wood. Lighter didn't work. No problem, i'll use the truck lighter. Go to the truck, put it neutral(manual) foot on brake, start truck, plug in lighter. I see my buddy is sticking the lighter into the gas drenched fire pit. I freak out, shut the truck off, jump out, run to the fire to stop him. Get to the fire, he looks up screams "OH MY GOD" , truck now rolling backwards into the lake. Clips the boat(think it slowed it down). I go running into the lake. Forgot to put it in gear after i jumped out.

Rolled in such that the open tail gait was under water and water covered the floorboards. Dirt/mud launch, so thank god for 4x4 and good tires.

would definatly make the Bill Dance bloopers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Q_BLggf-mqs

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out hunting on my qaud last weekend, cruising down a trail and see a chicken. Slam on the brakes jump off and grease this chicken with the 22. Then I turn around and realize that by force of habit I must of put it in neutral before I got off because the quad is just coasting down this hill and picking up speed. It stopped about 100 yrds later in a thick willow bush flipped on its side, still idling. My buddy was ahead of me so I thought if I hurry I might be able to get to it and flip it back over without him seeing what I just did........... only one problem, couldn't flip it over by myself so I was forced to wait for him. He reminded me about every time we stopped that day

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even worse, late for work and searching frantically for my glasses when they're already on my face!

I have done the same thing I've left a barn and start freaking out that I left my glasses in the barn sk I pull over get out of the truck and getting looking thru it and sure enough I feel my face and I'm wearing them

Top Bottom