Xm fuel line problem

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found out. All 800r ETEC owners are affected. Parts will be shipped asap to dealers and customers are supposed to make an appointment with the dealer to get the repair. They are shimming the oil and fuel tank to get the oil tank away from the nipple in question.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we can just pick up the shim kit and do it ourselves to save ourselves from the wait time to get this repair done since there will probably be a flood of people dropping there sleds off asap.

yammyman

Reaction score
I know I'm going to be checking mine out very closely tomorrow and I'll make a brace of my own. Maybe the foam hockey puck idea and come Thursday I'll be riding, recall or not. But I've already put 400 hard km on mine with no issues. I'll get it done when I get back!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we can just pick up the shim kit and do it ourselves to save ourselves from the wait time to get this repair done since there will probably be a flood of people dropping there sleds off asap.

your fix will better then doo's so tell us what washers and shimms ya get so I can do mine at home as well, so Im not worried all winter. Its unfortuneate to take time off of work for this and its a minimal 4 hours of time for me and Im not retired so its costly.

Im going to wait another 60 days by then we will have more campaigns no need to go in 5 times fawk..... just get it all done in the summer I guess if it burns I got insurance but they may call BRP lmfao

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your fix will better then doo's so tell us what washers and shimms ya get so I can do mine at home as well, so Im not worried all winter. Its unfortuneate to take time off of work for this and its a minimal 4 hours of time for me and Im not retired so its costly.

Im going to wait another 60 days by then we will have more campaigns no need to go in 5 times fawk..... just get it all done in the summer I guess if it burns I got insurance but they may call BRP lmfao

This is a registered safety recall insurance companies have access to these bulletins I wouldn't take the risk.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a registered safety recall insurance companies have access to these bulletins I wouldn't take the risk.

I guess I will wait for my registered mail otherwise this is my buddy at work typing I didnt know... lol

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm well I bought my xm off a guy that just took it home then sold it after 14 miles so ill have to call my dealer and see what I need to do to get this delt with since I'm not the one registered for the warranty yet. Hopefully that doesn't effect anything. I know I won't be getting the registered mail for the fix because of this reason so hopefully that doesn't effect anything for getting the update done....

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm well I bought my xm off a guy that just took it home then sold it after 14 miles so ill have to call my dealer and see what I need to do to get this delt with since I'm not the one registered for the warranty yet. Hopefully that doesn't effect anything. I know I won't be getting the registered mail for the fix because of this reason so hopefully that doesn't effect anything for getting the update done....

if the sled is from canada you should be fine. I would call into a dealer and have your name assigned to the warranty and recalls

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There will be kits for all affected sleds. Go to your closest dealer, tell him the circumstances of your purchase and ask him if he can do it for you. Shouldn't be a problem. He can also do a change of ownership for you with BRP online or you can fill out the form in your operators manual yourself and mail it in. Good luck!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well thanks to the people that put the pressure on the right guys to get something done, now we can ride without looking down at the gas tank. Much appreciated .

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
X10 000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
So is there a temp fix or something Joe consumer can do to correct yhis or at least protect himself from this happening to huis sled untill BRP steps up to the plate ?

yammyman

Reaction score
So is there a temp fix or something Joe consumer can do to correct yhis or at least protect himself from this happening to huis sled untill BRP steps up to the plate ?

I like the foam hockey puck idea if it'll fit between the tanks (shouldn't affect warranty IMO), trim it down with a knife. That's if there's actually "some" clearance (this seems to vary a lot between guys) mine was good for 400km so I'm hoping it'll get me through the weekend. I'm going to take a long hard look at it first and then decide wether I should wait for the kit!

THANKS TO ALL THE RAD DUDES WHO DID THE DIRTY WORK TO FIGURE THIS OUT. HOPE IT WORKS! Let it snow!!!

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If yah see a little smoke, give Circled-Mistake a call, and look under the hood if yah bang her hard.
(Joke dude clamps on tight)

Last edited:

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the foam hockey puck idea if it'll fit between the tanks (shouldn't affect warranty IMO), trim it down with a knife. That's if there's actually "some" clearance (this seems to vary a lot between guys) mine was good for 400km so I'm hoping it'll get me through the weekend. I'm going to take a long hard look at it first and then decide wether I should wait for the kit!

THANKS TO ALL THE RAD DUDES WHO DID THE DIRTY WORK TO FIGURE THIS OUT. HOPE IT WORKS! Let it snow!!!

Cudos goes to Bernoff for the Foam Hockey Puck Idea!!!!!!!!! Although you may have to shave it down a smidge to fit... But its great insurance!!!!!!!!!!!
That man thinks of everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom