Xm fuel line problem

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm like you only I have way less clearance with my clamp than your 2 sleds you pictured. I'm impatient as well. Lol.

Ya its amazing the variances in the sleds... I pulled my tank off to see the rear mount and how its attached to the tank.. seems if a guy isn't spot on with the plastic welding of the mounts in the correct position then you lose clearance... eg. if the mounts are welded too far back, your tank gets pushed for-ward, if they are moved for-ward you gain lots of clearance... For now i put some foam under the tank to lift it up away from the tunnel as well as securing it a little better when it comes to movement side to side up down etc etc.... Now the tank sits nice and snug in the pyramidal structure running from the tunnel to the steering post assembly..

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'd take a broken drive shaft over this carnage any day!! Hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction!

Id take a problem that can be remedied relatively easy and still get the sled out of the hills with no more than whats in your tool kit... Versus leaving it there to get pulled out every time and or heli ride it....

YA sure if its not caught there MAY be a little smoke, BUT the common sensed rider should always check over His/Her sled after every smack... Dont take much to open the panels and have a look...[/QUOTE]

C'mon that's just hilarious, a little smoke? The guys garage could have burned down. Oh oh I pulled my sled off the truck, I better check to see if it's on fire. Oh oh I hit a pine cone I better check to see if my sleds on fire. As a sledder I don't want anyone riding any brand to have to deal with these kind of things. Doo riders from this site circled like a pack of wolves when the Pro had the drive shaft issue. I don't understand how you can slough this off as not a big deal?

Last edited:

tysons

Reaction score
My garage did burn down lol. Flames caught the edge of garage on fire.. It's still standing but a decent mess

tysons

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358664480.082172.jpg

tysons

Reaction score
Well 2 insurance company's and there fire investigators and I guess a brp engineer... Between all of them they should sort it out. But like before I said my issue may not be from the fuel line break. But for sure fuel leaking from somewhere and unknown spark. So who knows

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358665454.069341.jpg
My insurance talked about if it was repairable.. I told them I will give the sled to the mechanic that can piece this thing back together with some of these parts haha.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id take a problem that can be remedied relatively easy and still get the sled out of the hills with no more than whats in your tool kit... Versus leaving it there to get pulled out every time and or heli ride it....

YA sure if its not caught there MAY be a little smoke, BUT the common sensed rider should always check over His/Her sled after every smack... Dont take much to open the panels and have a look...

C'mon that's just hilarious, a little smoke? The guys garage could have burned down. Oh oh I pulled my sled off the truck, I better check to see if it's on fire. Oh oh I hit a pine cone I better check to see if my sleds on fire. As a sledder I don't want anyone riding any brand to have to deal with these kind of things. Doo riders from this site circled like a pack of wolves when the Pro had the drive shaft issue. I don't understand how you can slough this off as not a big deal?[/QUOTE]

LMAO... your not getting what I am saying...... You hit a tree and go over the bars... Do you pick yourself up put of the snow and pull and ride, or do u look at the sled to see any damage?

You smash a rock and get kicked off, do u hop on and go or see if your A-arms are bent???

The difference between what I am talking about (to most riders will be common sense) and what your over-exaggerating is huge......

It is a big deal and no we aren't huddling around in a package sloughing it off..... We just aren't getting our panties all wedged up by silly little comments like you vulnerable poo-riders doo....

You poo poo guys just need to relax and chive on... Lol

As for the reason for this gentleman's misfortune, there's no way to find out whathhappened ed until the investigation is over.... I can't see pulling a sled out of a truck doing that.. Let alone it catching on fire.......

I have heard too I past years of batteries blowing up or shorting causing a fire.... We can't rule a y things out until the investigation is done

Ps.... It took u this long to come back with a comment..... If I remember right you were viewing the thread as I posted that comment HOURS AGO....... U better go lie down and give your poor little mind a rest bud, don't want you blowing a blood vessel and needing a clamp to hold everything where it should be....

Last edited:
Reactions: LBZ

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well 2 insurance company's and there fire investigators and I guess a brp engineer... Between all of them they should sort it out. But like before I said my issue may not be from the fuel line break. But for sure fuel leaking from somewhere and unknown spark. So who knows

View attachment 147383
My insurance talked about if it was repairable.. I told them I will give the sled to the mechanic that can piece this thing back together with some of these parts haha.
Holy fack, not much for CSI Valcourt to work with. Chin up dude, a new garage is NEVER a bad thing.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[/B]

LMAO... your not getting what I am saying...... You hit a tree and go over the bars... Do you pick yourself up put of the snow and pull and ride, or do u look at the sled to see any damage?

You smash a rock and get kicked off, do u hop on and go or see if your A-arms are bent???

The difference between what I am talking about (to most riders will be common sense) and what your over-exaggerating is huge......

The "hit" in my friends case was barely anything though. He went over the bars going down a hill, he's thinking he hit the kill switch, eitherway the sled wasn't running when he stopped, so gas probably didn't start pouring out right away. Didn't even get the sled stuck or anything. Got himself sorted out, checked his pride, hopped back on like anyone would do and maybe a km later went to climb a hill and the sled died. You're not going to open the panels and check everything after small stuff like that, that'd be asinine.

I'm not saying the polaris defect is better. Both are pretty terrible defects and it's very fortunate that nobody has gotten hurt so far. The manufacturers in their rush to out do each other really need to step up their QA testing. Poo and Doo will have this fixed and it will be a non-issue, just like Cat's belt blowing BS last year.

OH and the BIGGEST failing for Ski-doo? Was a good thing us Cat riders have Torx' screw drivers in our tool pouches included by Cat so we could open up that Doo to try to figure out what was wrong. How do they cover their sled in that kind of screw and not include the tool? Fuggin' torx anyway...

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The "hit" in my friends case was barely anything though. He went over the bars going down a hill, he's thinking he hit the kill switch, eitherway the sled wasn't running when he stopped, so gas probably didn't start pouring out right away. Didn't even get the sled stuck or anything. Got himself sorted out, checked his pride, hopped back on like anyone would do and maybe a km later went to climb a hill and the sled died. You're not going to open the panels and check everything after small stuff like that, that'd be asinine.

I'm not saying the polaris defect is better. Both are pretty terrible defects and it's very fortunate that nobody has gotten hurt so far. The manufacturers in their rush to out do each other really need to step up their QA testing. Poo and Doo will have this fixed and it will be a non-issue, just like Cat's belt blowing BS last year.

OH and the BIGGEST failing for Ski-doo? Was a good thing us Cat riders have Torx' screw drivers in our tool pouches included by Cat so we could open up that Doo to try to figure out what was wrong. How do they cover their sled in that kind of screw and not include the tool? Fuggin' torx anyway...

I agree. I wouldn't have checked mine either if it was minor. In fact I have had a few minor oopsie's and never thought to look.
And I agree the torx on the hood is dumb as ch!t. I will be replacing mine with something a little more common. Hopefully when C3 comes out with whatever they have in the works for the airbox/hood replacement they upgrade this system with something more user friendly.

It appears both manufacturer's pushed their products out a little to hastily without enough R&D or made to many changes from the demo models that they didn't consider to be a potential issue. I'm sure both will get the issue's sorted out.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree completely! How do you not include the basic tool to get into your sled?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just saw this posted on SW....

January 21, 2013
Re: Ski-Doo® – E-TEC Fuel Pump Inlet Fitting Breaking

What is the potential problem?
Under certain condition, fuel pump inlet fitting may become in contact with the oil tank and can break
which could permit fuel to leak.
If such leakage occurs, fuel vapor in the presence of an ignition source could result in a fire and can
potentially cause serious injuries.

Which models are involved?
Certain 2013 Ski-Doo snowmobiles equipped with a 600 HO E-TEC engine or an 800R E-TEC. Refer to
attached Safety Campaign Bulletin for the list of involved models.

For customers: BRP is sending a Safety Recall letter to all known registered owners of the involved Ski-
Doo snowmobiles. This letter urges that the owners immediately contact their authorized BRP Ski-Doo
dealer in order to have its snowmobile repaired.

This Information for customers is posted on BRP's public website
(www.ski-doo.com).

Last edited:

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just saw this posted on SW....

January 21, 2013
Re: Ski-Doo® – E-TEC Fuel Pump Inlet Fitting Breaking

What is the potential problem?
Under certain condition, fuel pump inlet fitting may become in contact with the oil tank and can break
which could permit fuel to leak.
If such leakage occurs, fuel vapor in the presence of an ignition source could result in a fire and can
potentially cause serious injuries.

Which models are involved?
Certain 2013 Ski-Doo snowmobiles equipped with a 600 HO E-TEC engine or an 800R E-TEC. Refer to
attached Safety Campaign Bulletin for the list of involved models.

For customers: BRP is sending a Safety Recall letter to all known registered owners of the involved Ski-
Doo snowmobiles. This letter urges that the owners immediately contact their authorized BRP Ski-Doo
dealer in order to have its snowmobile repaired.

This Information for customers is posted on BRP's public website
(www.ski-doo.com).

Can't find info.... Where did u find it teeroy?
Do u have a direct link?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me neither, would like to see the list of affected vins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom