why was the "suspect compression test" closed?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
distributer or not. if he is selling the parts he represents that product just like anything else he is selling and should stand behind it. i wouldn't sell something to a customer knowing it didn't work just to make a buck.

I don't know the shop or people in question so can't judge this person or his shop.

Im just sayin..

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never saw the deleted thread, but I see in earlier posts 10 hours to do a top end and 40 lbs difference in compression when done. Is this the truth???? I have rebuilt a few top ends and I don't do these everyday, 4-5 hours tops and I've never had more than a couple pounds difference. Seems kinda fishy>>>> just sayin :eek::eek:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never saw the deleted thread, but I see in earlier posts 10 hours to do a top end and 40 lbs difference in compression when done. Is this the truth???? I have rebuilt a few top ends and I don't do these everyday, 4-5 hours tops and I've never had more than a couple pounds difference. Seems kinda fishy>>>> just sayin :eek::eek:

ever done one on an xp? i could do my zx or rev in 4-5 hours. but a xp NO DICE. dont care how good you are theres no way your doing it in 3 hours like some have claimed. phone a few shops guarantee you will be looking at 8 hours @ 110.

either way the compression deal is a little weird.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ever done one on an xp? i could do my zx or rev in 4-5 hours. but a xp NO DICE. dont care how good you are theres no way your doing it in 3 hours like some have claimed. phone a few shops guarantee you will be looking at 8 hours @ 110.

3 hours?
I'd be impressed if you can get the motor in and out in three hours!:beer:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so you put on some lightweight aftermarket a-arms and bombed down a ungroomed rock filled trail?
hmm

did your buddy have to spend 27,000 on his first sled? was that a smart move?

its a business he is going to try and sell things.

you still have the power to say no.

aftermarket doesnt always work thats the way it is

does it matter if he spent $500 or $50000. if you spent your hard earned cash and it was a pos you'd be upset to. just sayin.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can do reeds on an xp in 3 your doing good. I really would like to here the whole story, there is nothing worse than getting bits and pieces of here say.Really in the end both parties involved lose out when chit like this is being discussed.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you know, I never even considered the extra time to remove pretty much the whole top half of the sled to get to the engine....

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cmon you guys, done lots of xp topends, 3 hrs is lots, i can have my sled motor out on the bench in less than two hrs, my engine mechanic does his in less than hr(ralph)

these guys do this crap everyday, call a dealer and ask how long, its not hard to do

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was told that flat rate from BRP to do a top end on an XP is somewhere in the neighborhood of five hours and depending on circumstances 4 to 6 hours is charged.

Keep in mind BRP only gives you 4 hours to change an S module and 7 hours to change an E module!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys never hear of upcharges. seems like a lot of this happening. the customer did the right thing by shopping around. i guess most guys don't like the sex at this shop in question, and i guess some do. for the record he sets his time and price to o a job, getting the job done there is up to the customer. but a difference in 40 psi on a compression test, as a customer would you trust this business.

friggin 40lb test diff go figure.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cmon you guys, done lots of xp topends, 3 hrs is lots, i can have my sled motor out on the bench in less than two hrs, my engine mechanic does his in less than hr(ralph)

these guys do this crap everyday, call a dealer and ask how long, its not hard to do
Gotta agree with Fred here....I took jugs and pistons off in about an hour....reinstalled a month later in about 2 hrs and was up and running....and I'm a pretty awful mechanic at the best of times.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i phoned a dealer once and never again... i dont care if i have to wait 6 months for a part i will not use them... i wish i saw the thread that was deleted ...thats my 2 cents...

Last edited by a moderator:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mods, might be in our best intrest to open the orignal thread, sounds like it got closed premature... maybe a mod that shops their...lol

thanks dave for the support

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Not a bad thread folks - some great points and insight.
Only one Peep throwing really big stones.

For those who missed the original post - a Peep had a concern about a local shop and immediate it turned into a "let me tell you why this guy sucks" thread with lots of "my brothers best friends girlfriends uncle Bobs nephew had a bad experience..."....useless info.

As I said before, every shop and dealer has peeps who dislike them for good reason but in many cases it's just a personal attack because they didn't agree on something.

On this site we endeavor to allow free speech but there is a very fine line between free speech and slander. I will continue to moderate threads and comments about retailers that are self serving. I like how some peeps have simply dealt with the facts to better determine if the dealer was being fair....that is good feedback

Thanks and keep having fun

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a bad thread folks - some great points and insight.
Only one Peep throwing really big stones.

For those who missed the original post - a Peep had a concern about a local shop and immediate it turned into a "let me tell you why this guy sucks" thread with lots of "my brothers best friends girlfriends uncle Bobs nephew had a bad experience..."....useless info.

As I said before, every shop and dealer has peeps who dislike them for good reason but in many cases it's just a personal attack because they didn't agree on something.

On this site we endeavor to allow free speech but there is a very fine line between free speech and slander. I will continue to moderate threads and comments about retailers that are self serving. I like how some peeps have simply dealt with the facts to better determine if the dealer was being fair....that is good feedback

Thanks and keep having fun

Far be it from me to complain about the mods but I'm sorry on this one SBR, I gotta say something here to clear my conscience - when LHF pulls this same BS on a certain Kelowna based shop, I don't know that any thread ever got moderated or closed and it was exactly the type of BS, personal attack, self-serving, slanderous comments that you mention above.

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep thats true. but if you break an a-arm clearly you were messing around they dont just fall apart aftermarket or not

Maxwell wasnt it you who bent some rails that just magically bent this year and you weren't messing around? so according to this you must have then "been messing around" cause rails just dont bend!!! Just my 2cents

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i was hoping someone would mention that weather we have been having....lol ...lol

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Far be it from me to complain about the mods but I'm sorry on this one SBR, I gotta say something here to clear my conscience - when LHF pulls this same BS on a certain Kelowna based shop, I don't know that any thread ever got moderated or closed and it was exactly the type of BS, personal attack, self-serving, slanderous comments that you mention above.

actually way worse. he personally accused the owner of said shop of stealing etcetc

Fair feedback gents - I don't go though all the threads, just not enough time in a day and if I'm not on for the evening then I just delete all the thread (that are active on my screen) and start the day fresh. I do put a stop to the ones I see and I did hijack another one last week.
From time to time a Peep will send me a PM to look at a thread to determine if it is over the line and if it is I will address the thread or the peeps. Many people have had these PM's from me and I do everything I can to stay neutral. Oh - i take it really personally when I'm trying to be nice and address a problem on a PM and the Peep posts our conversation....just a real breakdown in trust...then I lose my cool, turn into a large green wrabbit and break things.
I will sometimes go and change a few questionable posts in a thread to keep it active. We as humans tend to get a bit emotional.
Mostly it's impossible to keep up with all the threads and if I miss one (and I do) then just let me know. I'm here to assist the group.
I did keep this thread running and did adjust a few personal attacks that were posted but left the essence of the post.

I hope that explains my side of this issue in an acceptable manner.

Feedback is always welcome and as two of the most trusted sled mod guys I really appreciate the way you both diplomatically allowed me a chance to respond.

Cheerz.

Top Bottom