why was the "suspect compression test" closed?

whickey

Reaction score
I have read everything and I got to throw in a comment. I got to be honest I am far from the most frequent poster on here however I had an experience with Specialty that I think warrents a post.

I was able to tag along with a few guys that are way better rider and not my normal group, that were heading to blue river. It was wednesday when I found out they were leaving on Thursday and they had room for me in the trailer. I am one of the better riders in the group that I ride with so I always find myself in the lead. Being to go with guys that are well above my skill level is huge for me cause it allows me to push myself, I was to the third wheel and was able to get a hotel room by myself the first night but the hotel was fully booked for the second night. After leaving to hotel in the morning and having a great day riding and throwing my sled into trees I went to the hotel not knowing if I had a bed. The hotel was still booked for the night and ken offered the spare bed in his room for me to crash in that night. Did not even talk to me about payment or anything, I put money down in the morning and he said oh you don't need that I was paying for it anyways. After telling him to take it, he said thanks. One of the guys that I rode with even broke a scratcher and was able to get an extra one from ken that night. I was also by far the most inexperienced guy in the group and Ken helped dig me out a few times. I got to be honest I have never spent a dime with ken (Cause I am now loyal to Chris with Parkland Motor Sports, i know shamless plug) but I think that it says alot about the kind of guy he is. He could of said the trailer your sled is in is heated and you can sleep in there, but he didn't. I could have been a huge snorer for all he knew. I sure appreated it. I have no doubt that if I needed a part or a tool he would be there to help out. The value for us is that he is out sledding every weekend and avaiable to help. I don't know what your experience was, other then what you said in the other post but I got to say that I think what he did for me was a class act by my books and if somone is not happy just go to another shop. That is way we live in a country of free market enterprise. Not trying to erupt a war but just my experience with the owner and my two cents.

It's a good life

Will Hickey

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If u wanna get really hosed by a service bill try

Last edited by a moderator:

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
If u wanna get really hosed by a service bill try

Great comment, on point and well said ,let me sit and ponder the wonderfull detail you have blessed us with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I missed the entire thread until this new post. SBR on a power trip. Go buy some batteries for your camera and leave the rest of the world alone.
energizer-bunny.jpg

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read everything and I got to throw in a comment. I got to be honest I am far from the most frequent poster on here however I had an experience with Specialty that I think warrents a post.

I was able to tag along with a few guys that are way better rider and not my normal group, that were heading to blue river. It was wednesday when I found out they were leaving on Thursday and they had room for me in the trailer. I am one of the better riders in the group that I ride with so I always find myself in the lead. Being to go with guys that are well above my skill level is huge for me cause it allows me to push myself, I was to the third wheel and was able to get a hotel room by myself the first night but the hotel was fully booked for the second night. After leaving to hotel in the morning and having a great day riding and throwing my sled into trees I went to the hotel not knowing if I had a bed. The hotel was still booked for the night and ken offered the spare bed in his room for me to crash in that night. Did not even talk to me about payment or anything, I put money down in the morning and he said oh you don't need that I was paying for it anyways. After telling him to take it, he said thanks. One of the guys that I rode with even broke a scratcher and was able to get an extra one from ken that night. I was also by far the most inexperienced guy in the group and Ken helped dig me out a few times. I got to be honest I have never spent a dime with ken (Cause I am now loyal to Chris with Parkland Motor Sports, i know shamless plug) but I think that it says alot about the kind of guy he is. He could of said the trailer your sled is in is heated and you can sleep in there, but he didn't. I could have been a huge snorer for all he knew. I sure appreated it. I have no doubt that if I needed a part or a tool he would be there to help out. The value for us is that he is out sledding every weekend and avaiable to help. I don't know what your experience was, other then what you said in the other post but I got to say that I think what he did for me was a class act by my books and if somone is not happy just go to another shop. That is way we live in a country of free market enterprise. Not trying to erupt a war but just my experience with the owner and my two cents.

It's a good life

Will Hickey

Great story. I have only met Ken once and he seemed great. He took the time to show me some stuff in the shop when I was first considering using them.

As for my original post, I should have left the name of the shop out of it. My bad. I didn't think I was roasting them or starting a bash fest, but type does not reflect intentions. They were polite, (but expensive), and very willing answer my questions and teach me. I did not deal with Ken and I highly doubt that the person I did deal with even told him about it. He agreed to check his compression tester, which is all I can ask him to do.

Like I said in my original post, they assured me the test was done correctly. Although they admitted to have a young, less experienced person do it, their main engine guy supervised. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and choose to believe it was not a blatant attempt to have me spend money I did not need to. These things happen, at any shop, I realize that.

The moral of the post is don't be in a hurry like me unless you have deep pockets. There was a time when I rebuilt my own top ends, but that was when my tools were current and I had lots of time on my hands. I will be riding my sled with their clutching this weekend, so I will know what their work is like very soon. In the mean time, I did not have to do a top end, so I am not eating cat food this weekend.

As for the killing of the original post, I hope it was not due to me. I like to hear real stories, directly from people. I don't like bashing or hearsay. My original post should have solicited the following:
-opinions about how long it takes to do a top end on an xp.
-discussion about compression testing and related equipment.
-first hand stories about the shop (and others), good and not so good, to allow people to form their own opinions.
-offers by Maxwell to do my top end for free, because he heard I'm a good guy and I have never hit on his girlfriend. (That was about to happen, I'm sure, but the post got killed)

Anything else posted really doesn't fit.

Mr moderator, give me one more chance. Don't ban me yet, as I will be forced to re-join under an alias, much as Maxwell used Joey as his alias.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Great story. I have only met Ken once and he seemed great. He took the time to show me some stuff in the shop when I was first considering using them.

As for my original post, I should have left the name of the shop out of it. My bad. I didn't think I was roasting them or starting a bash fest, but type does not reflect intentions. They were polite, (but expensive), and very willing answer my questions and teach me. I did not deal with Ken and I highly doubt that the person I did deal with even told him about it. He agreed to check his compression tester, which is all I can ask him to do.

Like I said in my original post, they assured me the test was done correctly. Although they admitted to have a young, less experienced person do it, their main engine guy supervised. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and choose to believe it was not a blatant attempt to have me spend money I did not need to. These things happen, at any shop, I realize that.

The moral of the post is don't be in a hurry like me unless you have deep pockets. There was a time when I rebuilt my own top ends, but that was when my tools were current and I had lots of time on my hands. I will be riding my sled with their clutching this weekend, so I will know what their work is like very soon. In the mean time, I did not have to do a top end, so I am not eating cat food this weekend.

As for the killing of the original post, I hope it was not due to me. I like to hear real stories, directly from people. I don't like bashing or hearsay. My original post should have solicited the following:
-opinions about how long it takes to do a top end on an xp.
-discussion about compression testing and related equipment.
-first hand stories about the shop (and others), good and not so good, to allow people to form their own opinions.
-offers by Maxwell to do my top end for free, because he heard I'm a good guy and I have never hit on his girlfriend. (That was about to happen, I'm sure, but the post got killed)

Anything else posted really doesn't fit.

Mr moderator, give me one more chance. Don't ban me yet, as I will be forced to re-join under an alias, much as Maxwell used Joey as his alias.

Your original thread was all very acceptable. It was your first hand experience and we written in a fair manner, the problem comes from other peeps jumping on board and bashing the heck out of this dealer (or any dealer for that manner) and I see some still are doing it on here even after I commented that it was unacceptable.
Your response here is very much appreciated and says a lot about your beliefs.
Ban - lol - Maybe Maxwell now that I know he's Joey but your:):):beer: safe....lol...

:):):beer:

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your original thread was all very acceptable. It was your first hand experience and we written in a fair manner, the problem comes from other peeps jumping on board and bashing the heck out of this dealer (or any dealer for that manner) and I see some still are doing it on here even after I commented that it was unacceptable.
Your response here is very much appreciated and says a lot about your beliefs.
Ban - lol - Maybe Maxwell now that I know he's Joey but your:):):beer: safe....lol...

:):):beer:

So it's okay to bash a dealership for not sponsoring Sledbetties but it's not okay to bash a dealer for unethical service?

:smiliestirthepot:

Top Bottom