Who is snowchecking this year?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with two year. If they put it down to one year with more off I would. Just push that savings to a rk tek big bore.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The too bad man. Need more power or a change? Tried an XM?

I need a change, the M8 has the power but it rides like a canoe. I could put a new skid and track on it but I'll never see that back on resale. I rode a 163x for about 10 mins when I rode with Curtis and the MMS boys. I loved it, I want one it the worst way, add oil, gas and go! But I've got some other debts to kill before buying a new sled is realistic. I just refuse to finance a sled now. I did that for my M8 and its just a pain in the ass.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I snowchecked nothing. And my M8 is starting to bore me, sadly to the point where I don't really get pumped to go ride anymore...

That reminds me of a little situation.

I had a buddy that loved his "old iron", a modded '99 Poo. He rode the hell out of it and laughed his head off soooo many times about where that sled took him and what he could doo with it. It really was amazing what he got out of that baby! But he was sort of bored with sledding.....

He got a new 2012 ProRMK two years ago and was pumped again for a year. I think he will be moving on to other pursuits as "the boredom" is still there! He still loves the Pro but maybe into something like building a new house. I'm thinking you are in the same boat and I can understand.....

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That reminds me of a little situation.

I had a buddy that loved his "old iron", a modded '99 Poo. He rode the hell out of it and laughed his head off soooo many times about where that sled took him and what he could doo with it. It really was amazing what he got out of that baby! But he was sort of bored with sledding.....

He got a new 2012 ProRMK two years ago and was pumped again for a year. I think he will be moving on to other pursuits as "the boredom" is still there! He still loves the Pro but maybe into something like building a new house. I'm thinking you are in the same boat and I can understand.....

I think it's a matter of finding more people to ride with for me. 95% of my trips out west the last few years I've been going solo and then meeting up with a friend from valemount. Solo sledding is pretty spendy when you're coming from 5hrs away. If I wasn't so determined to pay off my truck and get into my first house, I'd already have an xm snowchecked. I'm contemplating dumping both my sleds and starting fresh in a years time, take the next winter off so to speak.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I think it's a matter of finding more people to ride with for me. 95% of my trips out west the last few years I've been going solo and then meeting up with a friend from valemount. Solo sledding is pretty spendy when you're coming from 5hrs away. If I wasn't so determined to pay off my truck and get into my first house, I'd already have an xm snowchecked. I'm contemplating dumping both my sleds and starting fresh in a years time, take the next winter off so to speak.

I hear ya'....:hmm:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hear ya..not sure if its just the age but seems harder and harder to find anyone to go riding with. last few years averaged 15 days out west..this year 6 days..could never find anyone to go with. rode around home more solo than anything this year too.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hear ya..not sure if its just the age but seems harder and harder to find anyone to go riding with. last few years averaged 15 days out west..this year 6 days..could never find anyone to go with. rode around home more solo than anything this year too.

Rotax if you are going through Saskatoon on the way then count me in on your trip. I'm always wanting to get in on a trip.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there done that twice this year. Rather avoid the extra 2 hours of solo driving if possible. But I figure from Regina it's the same distance to Revy or Vale, so maybe they hit Vale sometimes.

WildWestDooing

Reaction score
Talk to dealer regards of recall fuel return line issue, said they don't know if Ski Doo will refinement the problem of fuel return line or may possible do nothing at all.
But they has recall and repairs, but told them it is not good enough. Need change oil tank make smaller or relocation fuel return line. Reason, I am thinking of
snowcheck Summit X 2014, or keep mine Summit XP 2010, till they has refinement the fuel return line. Reason is I don't carry collision or upset insurance just liability for my 2010 sled. So with 2014 snowcheck, been reading some post here said has fire happen on 2013 sled. Will warranty cover fire on sled or has to go insurance?

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there done that twice this year. Rather avoid the extra 2 hours of solo driving if possible. But I figure from Regina it's the same distance to Revy or Vale, so maybe they hit Vale sometimes.

ill keep it in mind for next season..never know where aguy will end up. keep in touch

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i recall my ridin bud thats had doos said that his warranty is also thru a third party after he read the fine print, just like polaris,,,,
Snopro, t team? Is it third party or straight up ski doo?

BRP's B.E.S.T. warranty is there own. I cannot find anything in print that states there is a dollar limit on warranty repairs to a serial number. The nice thing I like about it is you do not need any autho's before doing a repair and the dealer gets paid full pop on the parts and his full shop labor rate. Not reduced labor and parts reimbursement like a regular warranty claim. Thus dealers want to do the claim as it is a money maker for the shop. The customer is charged a $50 deductible for each repair when on the extended portion of the warranty. Example: Blown engine and failed drive axle bearing. You would be charged $50 per repair for a total of $100. Hope that explains it for you guys.

Top Bottom