Which is the best tire if any size was available.

shenry

Reaction score
I would choose the Big Hornes with the white lettering in a 32 inch or 30 if it was offered. I have 30 inch Zillas on lifted XP (Catvos 3 - 2.5 rake) and there is room for more. I find the Zillas are great for mud if your spinning but at slow speeds I find they sink fast, so a more rounded tire like the Big Horne would be good. On the trail the Zillas are a little choppy but are ten times better than stock, always hitting the rim with stock.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Cooper Discovery ST's on my truck are good, They are 31.5 x 10.5 on a stock 16" rim.

But if you are asking about a quad tire. There is always a tire that would work better on a different machine in a different terrain. My stock knobbies on my trx are really good on grass. I imagine my maxxis razr blades will be good in the sand. I've seen plenty of maxxis razors and razor 2's on the track. Hole shots were really popular a short while back.

So that doesn't answer your question at all.

shenry

Reaction score
Ya, should of added sport utility atv, even side by sides. That's more of my premature assumption. All the thirty inch or larger have too aggressive of a pattern for trails, hoping they will make a Big horn soon in a thirty.

jasonmt

Reaction score
It sure is a shame that they do not make these in the following sizes:

27 x 9 x 14
27 x 11 x 14
28.5 x 10 x14
28.5 x 12 x 14
30 x 10 x 14
30 x 12 x 14

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alrght, That clears some stuff up.

I don't have or often ride a sport utility quad or a SxS.

But looking at ATVDirect.com, For a side by side that isn't going to live in the mud.

I'd look at a Goodyear Rawhide MT/R.

For a sport utility quad. The GBC Grim Reaper has a fad of tread pattern but I think it looks cool and would work decent over a large spectrum of terrain.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super atv make a bighorn knockoff in a 30 inch size, called a dominator i believe.....

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
radial outlaws maybe? or maybe regular outlaws, not the best if your going 4 km/hr but any faster and they're awesome!

Relic

Reaction score
I just love my pitbulls , they work great in everthing i have been in from sag to rocky trails.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mud tires i have tried
mudlite xtrs, nice all round tire although heavy.
bearclaws seem like a great all round tire, went almost everywhere
zilla tires seem to be good so far, although soft rubber, but light.

larger tires = more repairs etc. ask tex, his cowasaki eats axles.

best tire lots of choices, lots of opinions, lots of different uses.
the best tire for you may not work for someone else

shenry

Reaction score
It sure is a shame that they do not make these in the following sizes:

27 x 9 x 14
27 x 11 x 14
28.5 x 10 x14
28.5 x 12 x 14
30 x 10 x 14
30 x 12 x 14

Super atv make a bighorn knockoff in a 30 inch size, called a dominator i believe.....

I believe, I should have bought the dominator in the 30, it's wider and flatter then the zilla's which is better for me on the trails and likely would have a better ride and be more stable on the slants. I am willing to buy a pair of 32's if they come out with them, I have lots of room with catvos lift. I find the Zillas are nice enough for the trail but there is that annoying vibe at low speeds due to the big lugs and I don't like how the holes in the lug fill and pack with dirt, this will cause wheel inbalance at high speeds. I read a review that the bighorns stay on top of snow better also due to the flatter wider footprint of course and I can see how fast these zillas sink in mud compared to my stock if you are moving slow, but hammer the throttle and they skip across but then your drenched in mud. For me I think I bought the wrong tire and would have preffered the dominator, they look identical to the Big Horn. Are the dominators a little taller then 30 inches like the 26 inch big horns which are really 27 inches?????. Maybe the dominator is closer to 31.

shenry

Reaction score
mud tires i have tried

True, but it's good to hear what you think about what you have and how they perform.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mud tires i have tried

i like the 30 's mud lights for what i do... not the best in certain things... zillas i think are the best all aroung tire tho... the mud lights seem to float in deep water better than others which i like lots....

i am also very agressive with the loud handle so any more grippy tire and i would have more axle problems i sure....

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bi/tri claws in a 29-30 could be intresting.

i would be scared to see the true measurements tho since my 27s sit about 28.5 true hight at 4psi

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to give a 27" Silverback a try. Nicer on axles, and a good lug to pay with.... Maybe even a lift and spacers.... Tha'd go great with my snorkels.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you not go to taller tires and no lift...??? The lift is what puts your axles in a bind with the extra angle, with 30`s you would have way less angle and the same ground clearence. The brute`s are not one of the best handling bikes and a lift makes them awfull. I had a two inch lift on mine for 1 day ,then i took it off and sold it....
30 inch zilla`will walk over 27 back`s any day, any terrain and easier on axles.... IMO

shenry

Reaction score
Will 30's even fit on a brute with no lift???

Top Bottom