What is the best goggles to buy?
and
What is the best type of Color / Shade?

My helmet is Black.

Smurf:d

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something thats gonna block all the snow from the cats your gonna be following:d

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something thats gonna block all the snow from the cats your gonna be following:d

Good advice, but I was looking to figerout what type of Googles!

And we will see how it really goes down:d
Did you see Phillsers Video with the cat getting pulled away:beer:

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a set of the spy,s dark mirror they are awesome never fog they are real good if it,s sunny not so good in overcast days.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive heard 509 googles are the way to go. I have a pair of oakleys that I got on boxing day for $40 originaly 160!
image-skullchrome.jpg

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use scott with sensitive lens,they work good.When it's sunny out they darken and when it's overcast they lighten up.
My cuz (Chad) uses Thor with his ski-doo helmet and they fit nice.

I would like to try a polarized set.....You have glasses don't you?

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I have tried lots, but not the 509, but I LOVE my oakleys and my second choice would be my Smith goggles. Both have the brown lens, helps in flat light, but still good in bright light.

BigBuckHunter

Reaction score
I wear SPY goggles with orange lenses if it's cloudy & mirrored lenses if it's sunny. They are anit-fog & seem to work well. I also have a pair of Smith goggles with the turbo fan (battery powered) but haven't tried them yet - haven't had fogging problems yet.

belch22

Reaction score
I have 509 Sinisters and I find the best tint is the chrome lense with blue tint....

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the spy,s to the ultimate test last weekend broke out the mach z with no windshield did 120 km,s of field riding non stop snow in the face and never fogged up once.

Attachments

• 26308_365766010730_746695730_5342638_7116575_n.jpg
    26308_365766010730_746695730_5342638_7116575_n.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 51

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
havent found to many shades for them, blue ,yellow, and clear used the clear but prefer the blue, they are the double lens, dont really fog up unless u stop and dont take them off but once u start goin again they clear up, one thing i found is that in my helmet if its warm out they seal so good that i start to sweat around my eyes and have to take them off for a while to cool down, didnt tko buy them fan ones? how are they?

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 509 Sinisters and I find the best tint is the chrome lense with blue tint....

Exactly...I have the 509 sinisters also. They are white framed with black and white straps. I have the chrome with blue tint, chromed polarized, chromed yellow, and I have orange. It takes about 2 minutes to change the lenses, not a big deal at all. By far the best I have used so far. I have used Oakleys which are good, smith, & I have a newer pair of spy goggles. Not sure where you could find them though before you head out.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rock Oakley stuff because I get it cheap. I don't have a problem with it but I sweat very little even when working hard.

I know guys who work for Oakley themselves and sweat a lot and have problems with them.

I think they're still very good, but I haven't tried 509's. Then again, I've heard mixed reviews with thier products too.

I find tinted lenses are great on sunny days, but horrible on flat light and low light conditions. Yellow lenses are best for flat light I find.

If you can, just borrow a set of good goggles. Not sure on 509's cost, but 100-250$ for a weekend's use is silly. Spend that on gas, diesel/gas, and a few brew.

lmg225

Reaction score
Yeah i use spy optics, i assuming there spy,s like eveyone else is callin em, there 54 bucks a pair and there great, pretty much indestrutable can be used with quick straps and a varity of different lens, i change mine according to an overcast or bright sunny day, or snowy day w/e. I recommend these cause there cheaper than oakleys or thor and do the same job . 509 GOGGLES are great as well my buddy has a pair he ordered online not sure who carries them in edmonton.

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spy Omega 2's , yellow lens are my first choice. I find they fit the open face of the helmet well. The 509s are supposed to be good.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dragon makes some good gogles. i prefer ones with yellow or red tint so there is distinctions in the snow to see any hidden problems. they will also help protect you from snow blindness. you could get a good pair for 80 bucks.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two pair of 509's I think they are overrated and no better than my Smith's.

Top Bottom