Heated Goggles

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple questions
I have to wear glasses under my goggles (yes i have tried contacts and everything else and no I cant get eye surgery)

Currently I wear an Oxygen full face helmet mountain riding. It is the best setup as far as seeing I have yet to use but its obviously not ideal.

So questions
1. will glasses fit underneath say the 509 heated goggles?
2. if they do and anyone has tried it is it any benefit to the glasses you wear underneath?

im not expecting them to heat up the glasses just looking to see if it improves as compared to just normal over the glasses goggles

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe there is a lens for the ignites (heated 509 goggles) that’s meant for glasses it’s a sinister lens set up if I remember properly

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I shop for new glasses I look for small sturdy frames. Sometimes I take my helmet and my goggles with me.
I have Oakley infernos, they are a large goggle, fit very well over my glasses, and they are a snug fit in my helmet, almost too big for my helmet, but it’s a good combination for me. The best so far.

Maybe this info can help you find the correct match with your ignites and your new helmet.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 509 Ignites also have a fan, I would think that would be more important keeping your glasses clear. You can also use the aviator non heated lenses in the Ignite frame. That way you just have the fan running, extend the run time with out heating the lenses.

You may already know that, just thought I would mention.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear glasses and went in and got fitted for contacts. It was a game changer, I wish I had gotten the contact lenses years ago. I wear glasses still for everyday use and contacts for cold weather activities. It was nice being able to see and have a larger selection of goggles to choose from.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah i tried 6 times to get fitted for contacts. Agree thats the best possible answer. I just couldnt force myself to do it. Ive worn glasses since i was 3 years old and trying to touch my eyeball just is impossible for me.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah i tried 6 times to get fitted for contacts. Agree thats the best possible answer. I just couldnt force myself to do it. Ive worn glasses since i was 3 years old and trying to touch my eyeball just is impossible for me.
Soft lenses?

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup tried that. im a wussy plain and simple
I’ve had cataracts since my first visit to the eye doctor when I was a child, was told I was born with them in fact. I also have such a bad astigmatism it’s not treatable with laser correction. Lens(cornea) replacement surgery is my only option. They told me I could possibly get it done when I turned 30. Then they said no your eye is still changing wait till your 40. Now it’s wait till your 50. Well… I’ve just given up. I’ve now worn contacts the last three seasons. I get it, it sucks to touch your eye and they do bother me after a whole day with them in. I use a small tool like a suction cup to put them in. Actually works quite well. Still have to remove them with your pointer and thumb but removal is less of a pain. I’m an Auto Tech from the old school of no eye protection so when I see something coming toward my eyeball, my natural reaction is to close my eye. Hard to get use to but sure is nice to see and not have fogged up glasses. Glasses were and still are not an option for me sledding!

Last edited:

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have searched endlessly for a comfortable contact and the Biofinity has been the go to.
CB44BEEB-5D0D-44F9-9D37-10947A150A73.jpeg
9B8768C1-F8A6-4E7F-A10A-F125A6F2FB94.jpeg

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Abom has marked there Heet goggles down from $220 to $120.
I have Extreme Heet googles which have extra foam so I’m not sure how big of a difference that makes.

Top Bottom