How to watch NHL on TV....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have Telus home services and would like to watch more NHL hockey games. Precisely, more games of my choosing and not getting the eastern teams jammed down my throat. If I want to watch the Leafs, I know what channels I need to go to to watch. (three to’s? That can’t be correct grammar).
NHL Centre Ice is $219 with no discount in sight. If one does buy that package, it doesn’t include playoff games.
What are you serious hockey fans doing to watch more hockey and trying to hold onto some money? Or even doing to overcome the control of the NHL and SportsNet?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the sportsnet app. And than can stream it to a tv from my phone. But it’s a subscription.

But there are definitely other ways if your tv has a browser.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pay $20 a month for the basic sportsnet app. If you pay for 1 year I think it is only $15 a month .

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might have problems with the leafs games out here on sportsnet. Usually they have regional blackouts but if you pay for sportsnet or you know someone who does, you should have access to the app with your or their telus/shaw/bell login.

I use my inlaws login

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the sportsnet app, around 20/month for premium subscription and can stream it anywhere i am. You get all sports including playoffs. Watch on tv or mobile

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Telus home services and would like to watch more NHL hockey games. Precisely, more games of my choosing and not getting the eastern teams jammed down my throat. If I want to watch the Leafs, I know what channels I need to go to to watch. (three to’s? That can’t be correct grammar).
NHL Centre Ice is $219 with no discount in sight. If one does buy that package, it doesn’t include playoff games.
What are you serious hockey fans doing to watch more hockey and trying to hold onto some money? Or even doing to overcome the control of the NHL and SportsNet?
I use a free streaming platform get all the games, but 1 should have a VPN because some of the links can be dangerous. I am however thinking of getting CI pkg in Jan as the price falls just because it can be a crispr image rather than using my computer to tv but stii most are pretty good. I think i will pick up CI though just for my Bruins and other teams i follow in the east and have in fantasy pooling. Hopefully Santa puts some more $$ in my sock as i have half the cost all ready just need the other half lol. As for playoff games all are free on reg TV, but with 50 more reg games to go i am swaying to CI pkg, as that is the only tv i watch along with some NFL.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the SN subscription… had the premium in the past, but just the regular one currently. It’s just ok…
Some commercials are blocked, so the screen throughs up a canned message and silence… kind of annoying.
Watched a ton of baseball last year, and it was good for that.
I like the “catch up” feature if you’re late to start watching… it gives you a little preview of highlights and goals, and brings you to the live feed in a few minutes.

Im very interested to know more about what said above about this CI thing…. Is that a site to log into? Subscription?

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention 1 annoying thing about SN. When you want to flip “channels” between games/events, its a bit cumbersome and slow… definitely not like flipping channels on the cable/satellite remote.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a free streaming platform get all the games, but 1 should have a VPN because some of the links can be dangerous. I am however thinking of getting CI pkg in Jan as the price falls just because it can be a crispr image rather than using my computer to tv but stii most are pretty good. I think i will pick up CI though just for my Bruins and other teams i follow in the east and have in fantasy pooling. Hopefully Santa puts some more $$ in my sock as i have half the cost all ready just need the other half lol. As for playoff games all are free on reg TV, but with 50 more reg games to go i am swaying to CI pkg, as that is the only tv i watch along with some NFL.

What is the site you are currently using?
And how does a person get a VPN?

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the SN subscription… had the premium in the past, but just the regular one currently. It’s just ok…
Some commercials are blocked, so the screen throughs up a canned message and silence… kind of annoying.
Watched a ton of baseball last year, and it was good for that.
I like the “catch up” feature if you’re late to start watching… it gives you a little preview of highlights and goals, and brings you to the live feed in a few minutes.

Im very interested to know more about what said above about this CI thing…. Is that a site to log into? Subscription?
No sorry, it's Center Ice acronymn

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the site you are currently using?
And how does a person get a VPN?
You pay for a sub for a VPN i paid long ago for a 3 year vpn sub, i also have a very good anti virus software installed so the doors remain closed for all lol.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a firestick or an android box/$60 . Get it programmed ( Kijiji has a few choices/ $40) and put on a vpn ($30/year 10 devices) to hide your location. I also get a Iptv account($100/year 3 devices ). Every channel on earth, no monthly bills.All series and the latest movies. $130 total per year for all my tv’s to get every show.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price drops on Jan 3 for Center Ice as well to 139$, nice thing about Cntr Ice is i can pvr games when not around or doing other things.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sportsnet app here as well , pay a year upfront and it’s $15 a month. Get all the hockey games I want plus baseball all summer, wife watches a bunch of baseball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the derail but speaking of baseball what is everyone’s thoughts on the two Japanese signings the past couple weeks? $325 million for a guy that has never thrown a pitch in the majors? Highest paid player in the game by almost double and highest paid pitcher as well. Crazy

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you guys actually getting all the games you want with Sportsnet? Just getting back into hockey this year and signed up for SN through Prime but its a pain, lots of times it'll have only eastern games on all 4 channels.

Top Bottom