What ski brand is best?

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard some bad things about the Slydogs as well as the Simmons flexi skis. Who thinks what about different skis or should I stay with the stock ones.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE my SLP Powder Pro Ski's. I had the flex simmons and hated them, had a hard time turning. With the SLP Powder Pro's I can turn a lot easier and they seem to float better. Depending where you live, Curt with Tracks Canada can sell you a set.

Thunder101

Reaction score
Just bought some USI X2 triple threats . Have not ran them yet but they look sick :cool:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE my SLP Powder Pro Ski's. I had the flex simmons and hated them, had a hard time turning. With the SLP Powder Pro's I can turn a lot easier and they seem to float better. Depending where you live, Curt with Tracks Canada can sell you a set.

X2 running the SLP PPs, love them, deep keel on the trail makes turning sometimes a little tougher but huge increase in floatation. Slydogs are a great ski too, not sure what bad things you have been hearing. Simmons float well, 2 runners make turning tough and they dart lots on the trail I have found but work well in the powder.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me as well as most of the crew at mountain magic have switched to the slp powder pro's from the simmons and love them Anyone want to buy some Simmons all black

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran a set of simmons on a rev and yes they are very aggressive but i liked them and now i have a set of sly dogs on my M8 and they are really forgiving and float really well. I find them to be not aggressive enough on the trail especially in slushy spring snow, they seem to push in the corners. I could corner way faster and had more control with the simmons. I would like to try the powder pro's.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone try the Simmons 3 as they have the different runners than the one and the two. Tried the Simmons one on XP and didn't like them as much as the Pilots with woodys doolys for skags.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Just bought a renegade x and they have 5" wide Pilot 6.9's on them. Guess it would be a good idea to lean toward SLP.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone try the Simmons 3 as they have the different runners than the one and the two. Tried the Simmons one on XP and didn't like them as much as the Pilots with woodys doolys for skags.

I have a set of gen 3's on my XP. I don't have enough time on them to really tell what they're like, but playing around on the river, I didn't find them darty at all, hooked the corners well, but the snow was soft and wet...could be a different story on dry powder or hard rutted packed trails. Played in a couple fields with 2' of snow...again, sort of soft and wet, but flotation is good and seem to carve well. 2 short rides isn't enough, and it's summerized in the sea-can, so we'll have to draw conclusions next season.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got Simmons on my Cat. They will go with the sled when it finds its new home. My buddies have had really good things to say about C&A pros, so I will probably try those out next year.

MTsnowman

Reaction score
Website
www.stovedoctor.biz
Ditto on the SLP PP's - working great on my 2011 M8 153 LE SP Limited. Trail riding is like having armstrong steering and very tiring, but powder days are incredible! IMO

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am the only canadian retailer for mods skis. And here comes the sales pitch im sure you are all thinking LOL. Lightweight, tough as sh#t and im pretty sure you wont find a better price. Pretty much any color under the sun and a unique keel desighn that improves side hilling without sacrificing stability and control on the trails. Check them out at let me know if i can help. I will be placing an order in the next week or two and for group orders i will be offering a discount aswell it reduces shipping costs.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my powder pros, but I think I am going to try a set of these Mods Skis and put the powder pros on my wife sled.

Top Bottom