WHAT NOT TO DO on the mountain

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets post pics of people doing the wrong thing on the hill.

for example

riding out of bounds...
riding with more than one person on a slope at a time

and maybe theese people will start to get it....

pics already posted,,, come forward to explain if its you in the pic.....

stupid.jpg

stupid2.jpg

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW, Could you be any stupider? Nice shot!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see this stuff every weekend. wish i had a pic from last weeekend with 2 guys stuck on thisd HUGE avy face and 3 others on the hill with one circling around them....i actually could not beleive what i was seeing.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ride with Retards.................and the above!
catmando!

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I know it is old but fitting:

Stupid is as stupid does.....

Or, are they stupid or just taking lessons?

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
I bet the guys in these pics don't visit these forums. Not sure who took the pic, but did they get an ear full? I see stupid stuff way too much as well, but if no one says anything, they will continue.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK the second pic: If that is Frisby in Revelstoke which it does look like it you are allowed to stay on the ridge where the guy looks like he is stuck or stopped and carry on past the closure area. You just can not drop down to the right until after the closed area. If you have GPS cords I can tell you for sure.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing this was taken just south of the green tower were yes we are allowed to ride the ridge then it opens up past the green tower.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK the second pic: If that is Frisby in Revelstoke which it does look like it you are allowed to stay on the ridge where the guy looks like he is stuck or stopped and carry on past the closure area. You just can not drop down to the right until after the closed area. If you have GPS cords I can tell you for sure.

WHO CARES WHERE IT IS~! What part of the AVALANCHE do you not see in the 2nd pic, the one further up ahead to the right, or the one to their imeadiate right, or how about the big wind lip that hasn't let go yet right where they are at? WTF! I'm sure they could have cut along the ridge in a better place. Last place I'd be taking my sled is along that ridge...just because it has slid already makes it ok to travel along??

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch out for old tracks that can get you hooked up faster than you expected !

Attachments

• 100_2136.jpg
    100_2136.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_2140.jpg
    100_2140.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 60

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WHO CARES WHERE IT IS~! What part of the AVALANCHE do you not see in the 2nd pic, the one further up ahead to the right, or the one to their imeadiate right, or how about the big wind lip that hasn't let go yet right where they are at? WTF! I'm sure they could have cut along the ridge in a better place. Last place I'd be taking my sled is along that ridge...just because it has slid already makes it ok to travel along??

I was not responding to the safety of the guy in the second pic it was stated that he was in a closed area and I commented that If i think it is where I think it is he is in a open area.

I agree it may not be the best route and one closer to the trees would be a better
choice. but on the other hand we are looking at a picture things as we all know look a lot different when you are actually there.

I just think we as sledders have been made look bad enough and stuff like this make it worst. but we need to smarten up out there for sure!

Closures is a sensitive subject and I just want to make people know for sure if this guy was in a closed area before we post that he was.

looks like there is another thread about this too:https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/more-retarded-sledding-29310.html

Last edited:

team jackass racing

Reaction score
Look... until you were there and seeing exactly what was going on..keep your offensive comments to yourself. I could go on and on for days about what this pics shows. The TRAIL is where we were crossing..one person was STUCK on the ridge with no one helping him and WE helped him get off the ridge. IT IS NOT A CLOSED AREA ! I am writing this under my husbands account..I am STEPHY on the forums and am from Revelstoke and am ONE of the people in the picture crossing the ridge. This picture looks WAY worse then what it was. and to the person who said ride closer to the trees..you can't if you've ever been there. We ride this mountain everyweekend and trust me...are WELL prepared for any type of conditions and well respected in this area for keeping mountains open to ride for YOU all to enjoy. I understand the picture looks precarious BUT we love our lives and would never risk them to sled for the day. Thank you to all of you who have called us RETARDS or STUPID or IDIOTS...the next time I see some of you on the hill and yes I do know a few of you personally I will ride by shaking my head..very disappointed..get the facts first. So right now I am loading up my sled and friends and heading up to ride again...

Badfastspeedracer

Reaction score
Lmao to all the arm chair quarterbacks! So easy to sit and judge peope, situations, and a "still" picture! Some of you are actually comical!!!! There have been mistakes by backcountry riders in the past and will likely be more in the future, and that's true of back country skiiers, climbers, quad riders etc. However there has been a great deal of quality education and awareness over the past few years from a lotta riders-clubs-individuals and manufact

People are quick to pass judgement and thoise are normally the groups are and peeps who are just as ignorant.

Deont worry Stephy-im sure people that know you and your riding friends understand how educated you are in this aspect of avies!

They re just mis or uninformed.....LOL

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy fawk must every thread on this site turn into a pissing match? I logged on a couple times in the past few days and thought maybe there would be some good threads to read but no dice. Getting kinda tired of reading between the lines here.. JMO.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Holy fawk must every thread on this site turn into a pissing match? I logged on a couple times in the past few days and thought maybe there would be some good threads to read but no dice. Getting kinda tired of reading between the lines here.. JMO.

ya I agree, people are pretty fast to jump on someone for something they said or have done lately, lets get back to enjoying the mountains and doing what we love. Ever since the turbo slide everyone has been turning into a bunch of arsholes on here. Myself included. Lets just ride and share conditions and good stories. Cheers to all who will be rippin the next few months of good riding season.

All In Nytro

Reaction score
I too, joined this site for the information and advice from the vast years of expeirence gathered here, and maybe give some of my own. When I first joined this site was awesome with all the info. But now, everytime I log on its nothin but a pissin match, and a bunch of armchair spectators pointing fingers and calling names. Perhaps its because the season for sleddin is coming to an end, but come on people,,,,, fire up those quads and bikes and lets get on with life. As for the avy's, we all know of the dangers and the risks we take everytime we pull our machines off the trailers and head for the holy land. So do we really need a new post every FRIGGIN 5mins on how he or she should have done this or should'nt have done that. My good Lord guys, come on......... JMO... Very disapointing

Bowen

Reaction score
I agree 100%. We all know how the "other site" turned the same way and look at it now...

hurt'in albertan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have learned a great deal from this site reading differents posts about all kinds of things i did not know or understand. this is a great site to learn from the people who can and do spend all or most of their time in the mountains sleddiing. i believe it will continue educate alot of people. just my opinion

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i posted some pics awhile ago and all i got was crapped on so i dont put any more on because people make wrong conclusions and be negetive so before jumping to conclusions about other peoples action ask a question you should get a answer about the sitution thanks stephy for letting people know about the sign

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look... until you were there and seeing exactly what was going on..keep your offensive comments to yourself. I could go on and on for days about what this pics shows. The TRAIL is where we were crossing..one person was STUCK on the ridge with no one helping him and WE helped him get off the ridge. IT IS NOT A CLOSED AREA ! I am writing this under my husbands account..I am STEPHY on the forums and am from Revelstoke and am ONE of the people in the picture crossing the ridge. This picture looks WAY worse then what it was. and to the person who said ride closer to the trees..you can't if you've ever been there. We ride this mountain everyweekend and trust me...are WELL prepared for any type of conditions and well respected in this area for keeping mountains open to ride for YOU all to enjoy. I understand the picture looks precarious BUT we love our lives and would never risk them to sled for the day. Thank you to all of you who have called us RETARDS or STUPID or IDIOTS...the next time I see some of you on the hill and yes I do know a few of you personally I will ride by shaking my head..very disappointed..get the facts first. So right now I am loading up my sled and friends and heading up to ride again...

woooooo easy,,,, I clearly asked for explanations if the people in the picture would like to explain.... I know the area along the ridge and one person pm'd me to ask if it is open and I said yes the top is open and below is closed, but the pic does appear to be a bad situation lol,, I agree it probably was no trouble at all or anything to worry about, but for a newbie I would sugest passing that section, people ride at different levels.

Its called educating people and showing them some things are wrong and some right things,,, if you were doing nothing wrong dont worry about it,, the thread was to help others avoid bad situations like 3 peeps stuk on a hill and hey I am not perfect and I encourage anyone to wave me down on the hill if I am in the wrong or even if you think I am in the wrong I would rather save my life or at minimal a injury.

p.s. I dont think anyone knew it was your crew so relax, no one was name calling here,,, its not snowest

p.p.s. my first year out I remeber 3 of us on a hill stuck,,, we did not know better so now I am trying to pass on some basic safety lessons,, not everyone has been in the mountains for years. so I am a STUPID RETARD as well so dont worry....;)

evryone needs to relax a bit, people die every year but its good to share evryones knowledge on the subject.... knowledge is experiance and I would rather learn about avalanches from people here then from mother nature leaving me burried alive thats all I am trying to do.

:beer:

Last edited:
Top Bottom