What does everyone do for a career?

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the last year i have been working on drilling rigs as a roughneck for precision drilling. Im now living in revelstoke. 2 weeks of work in alberta, 1 week of skiing in Revy.

Now that spring is coming im getting ready for some dirty biking in the mountains. pretty excited baby. 3 months off work to do some riding sounds good to this guy

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm unemployed / self employed. I have managed to work a whole 4 weeks so far this year, so more unemployed then self employed.

I do contract work (mostly data collection and vibration analysis, but as a typical contractor I will do just about anything for $) for oil and gas typically, build some engines on the side when times are slow.

I don't make a lot of money, but I do have a lot of free time, and after having lots of office jobs, I really enjoy that aspect.

Dynamic

Reaction score
I am in my 3rd year of millwright apprenticeship. One of the few still working in the forest industry.

spikeydave

Reaction score
I've posted in here before a few years ago..but i've since gotten a new position!

I started out as an apprentice scaffolder, then eventually ended up a journeyman labourer (tool crib/material coordinator) for Bantrel.

Eventually got sick of construction, long hours, shut downs, etc and moved on and started a career with ATCO Power as a Purchasing Assistant in Materials Management (took care of invoices/purchase orders/contracts for our plants all over Alberta, Sk, Ontario, Australia and UK.

I have since moved to ATCO Electric, I am in Project Controls (Procurement & Accounting) for the big Hanna Region Transmission Development project- basically tracking costs/materials/contracts/construction and everything in between for the big Transmission lines being built through the province that are currently pizzing off a lot of Albertans! This is a huge project, I dont even want to tell you what its worth lol ( I deal with the finances!)

Oh..and I forgot to add, I am also a full time mom to my 2 doggies and full time "housewife" at home! lol

Lady Dirt, you must work with my wife in Atco Electric. She is in the Capital Division HSE Supervisor(just under the HSE Director). If ya see this and don't think she is dirt bag, you will have to give her a ribbing and try to drag her sorry azz out dirt biking with ya. We are in Sh. Prk ourselves.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gave notice on Friday...

I accepted a position with Scott Builders, Corporate Safety Manager....

Shoppingcart, do you work out of the NDT division?

oh fawk no. you moving to red deer? fawk no. i'm not yer daddy.

so remember ya gotta do du diligence and get the construction site swept for buried lines. that's were i come in haha

Last edited:

gopherchoker

Reaction score
Journeyman ag tech at south country equipment (John Deere) been there 5 years. It's the reason I buy doo. After fixing other people's junk all week the last thing I want to have to do is fix mine!

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carpenter by trade now, building renovating and pretty much anything to do with it, derrick hand before that, and certified autobody, and mechanic before that........seems i have too many trades lol

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up till a month and ahalf ago I ran my own bobcat and excavating company but I parked my machines and am biulding logging road and hoe chucking in Duncan B.C

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been in the Oilfield for 24 years, but as of late I been working as a Pump Jack Mechanic/Supervisor. I love it as im home every night and its 5 days a week. Yet I still get my Oilfield wages minus the "NO LIFE PART" :D

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
They had wanted Red Deer based, but for the right person would consider Edmonton based...apparently I'm the right person.

I'll work mostly out of my truck though, lots of time traveling from site to site...

oh fawk no. you moving to red deer? fawk no. i'm not yer daddy.

so remember ya gotta do du diligence and get the construction site swept for buried lines. that's were i come in haha

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the derrr in welder. Been a J-man for about a year, currently I am a contractor running a truck owned by another guy at precision well servicing. Only been doing it for about 8 months, but we re-build service rigs, built a couple snubbing units, build pump truck and transporter decks blah blah blah.

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
home salesman, custom units, all pre fabbed homes but have several different builders, most of my stuff comes from the states but can sell canadian product as well. if you need a house or lake property let me know and il HOOK U UP!!

Top Bottom