What does everyone do for a career?

jusDOOit

Reaction score
Oil & Gas - Facilities Technologist, just graduated Instrumentation Eng. Technology and started at the head office in calgary..

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've posted in here before a few years ago..but i've since gotten a new position!

I started out as an apprentice scaffolder, then eventually ended up a journeyman labourer (tool crib/material coordinator) for Bantrel.

Eventually got sick of construction, long hours, shut downs, etc and moved on and started a career with ATCO Power as a Purchasing Assistant in Materials Management (took care of invoices/purchase orders/contracts for our plants all over Alberta, Sk, Ontario, Australia and UK.

I have since moved to ATCO Electric, I am in Project Controls (Procurement & Accounting) for the big Hanna Region Transmission Development project- basically tracking costs/materials/contracts/construction and everything in between for the big Transmission lines being built through the province that are currently pizzing off a lot of Albertans! This is a huge project, I dont even want to tell you what its worth lol ( I deal with the finances!)

Oh..and I forgot to add, I am also a full time mom to my 2 doggies and full time "housewife" at home! lol

Coldone

Reaction score
Well, I have just added Instrumentation Apprentice to my Resume now.. Oh BOY!! 2 trades.. Lovin Life ;)

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i sell houses around the calgary area, love it and good money to be made. who needs a house?? lol

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going for my last year of HD mechanic at the end of the month. Been working for Cat Rental for 6yrs in december and mostly on the service truck :D

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've posted in here before a few years ago..but i've since gotten a new position!

I started out as an apprentice scaffolder, then eventually ended up a journeyman labourer (tool crib/material coordinator) for Bantrel.

Eventually got sick of construction, long hours, shut downs, etc and moved on and started a career with ATCO Power as a Purchasing Assistant in Materials Management (took care of invoices/purchase orders/contracts for our plants all over Alberta, Sk, Ontario, Australia and UK.

I have since moved to ATCO Electric, I am in Project Controls (Procurement & Accounting) for the big Hanna Region Transmission Development project- basically tracking costs/materials/contracts/construction and everything in between for the big Transmission lines being built through the province that are currently pizzing off a lot of Albertans! This is a huge project, I dont even want to tell you what its worth lol ( I deal with the finances!)

Oh..and I forgot to add, I am also a full time mom to my 2 doggies and full time "housewife" at home! lol

Nice work, my dad is subcontracting for ATCO electric alot these days. The powerline project is huge and will provide tons of jobs and cash for the economy but seems lots of people dont realize that because they dont understand the power generation in this province is very old and at capacity and needs to be updated before we start to experience any brown outs ourselves.

jusDOOit

Reaction score
Instrument Tech, self-employed, contracted to ConocoPhillips, it's a great gig and I get to use my toys at work!!!

Well, I have just added Instrumentation Apprentice to my Resume now.. Oh BOY!! 2 trades.. Lovin Life ;)

Yeah Instrumentation!!!! haha :beer:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i am a b1tch for a commercail construction outfit....formally a "foreman/junior superintendent" which equates to the guy who gets all the chit jobs, and chit work. the only person who has to not only run the job but be his own worker, and then when my jobs over i go do clean up all the chit no one else wanted to do on other jobs......pretty glorious, but does pay the bills

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
i am a b1tch for a commercail construction outfit....formally a "foreman/junior superintendent" which equates to the guy who gets all the chit jobs, and chit work. the only person who has to not only run the job but be his own worker, and then when my jobs over i go do clean up all the chit no one else wanted to do on other jobs......pretty glorious, but does pay the bills

You sound bitter,we may need to have an intervention

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just imagine how those same people will make a stink because of rolling brownouts from and outdated transmission and generation system, i too work for atco electric

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0699.jpg

Pumping shafts for open cut construction or deep tunnel work

425996_10150777609128888_517498887_9157087_965300092_n.jpg

Pulling our new steamer trailers to thaw out frozen catch basins, drains, and culverts (which is a bitch to get this rig into some of those tight alleys....)

IMG_0005.jpg

Pumping catch basins during summer months along arterial roads and bus routes throughout the city

Worktruck4.jpg

Training on a brand new unit a few years back, working the kinks out of it

Top Bottom