What does everyone do for a career?

Coldone

Reaction score
I'm an Electrician... I started estimating a couple months back.. and am oh.. Not really digging that part of the job so will probably be heading back to the tools in the near future.. I'd rather be working outside building something then sitting at a desk and not getting any fulfillment from my job.. SO if anyone needs anything electrical done.. gimme a shout =)

Last edited:

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rig manager

Attachments

• DSC00046a.jpg
    DSC00046a.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 287

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
full time welder in tumbler ridge/ run my own truck in prince george on days off

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
might need my hot tub rigged up... depends on how busy my neighbor is...

I'm an Electrician... I started estimating a couple months back.. and am oh.. Not really digging that part of the job so will probably be heading back to the tools in the near future.. I'd rather be working outside building something then sitting at a desk and not getting any fulfillment from my job.. SO if anyone needs anything electrical done.. gimme a shout =)

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a first aid school and still go out in the field and do bandaids. lol . I don't do very well sitting behind a desk all day.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a first aid school and still go out in the field and do bandaids. lol . I don't do very well sitting behind a desk all day.

my daughter is taking industrial first aid in November and plans to go north for work in January after she finishes with her course. How are the job prospects?

yammysnyotas

Reaction score
Took Chemical Enginerding at U of C, but then somehow ended up on the construction side of oil and gas. I'm a field Engineer now, mostly on shift work out of northern Alberta - Fort mac at the moment. Hoping this ones over before the snow flies!!

Last edited:

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm supervising a frac crew out of Grande Prairie....everyone hate's fraccers for some reason ;)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You could move down south here. There are 3 electricians in our area and none of them want to work I guess. Guess they are making big bucks cause it takes them 3 months to get to your place.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gas plant & field operator. Also part owner of a small wireline company that i work partly full time at also.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took Chemical Enginerding at U of C, but then somehow ended up on the construction side of oil and gas. I'm a field Engineer now, mostly on shift work out of northern Alberta - Fort mac at the moment. Hoping this ones over before the snow flies!!

do young field engineers make decent coin?

Just started second year electrical engineering.

Top Bottom