Wednesday Night Rides

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
eeeek was the track froze to the ground?

nope... lifted and moved it over.... even when I got onto the hard pack it was bogging..

Gotta be a clutch thing... I'm going to see if chrisco can have a look see... maybe new spring and new belt...

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a great ride last night! Can't believe the amount of snow in our hidden secret areas, normally it is a little rough, but it was as smooth as my belly, actually got the Poo stuck and had to pin it a few times just to move,(I wasn't the only one) it was like a snow blade on the front of it!

Had a hard time seeing where the creek is, as there is so much snow everywhere, could not see the banks anymore.

Good thing Pozzy did not ride, he would have blown up that Doo for sure!

PS - Went to Beachcorner but no one showed...perhaps next time...

May try to ride on Sunday around home, no need to go anywhere else?!?

WDP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Ride last night! Oh My! I am not the least bit tired today.........
Arms are sore and the back from getting stuck! Good times fellas, thanks again!

WDP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you the clicking noise on your sled go away?
In that snow it was to the pin lots, high rpm you don't notice it. I am going to check out on the stand tonight after it has thawed out and go from there. Nothing broke!

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope... lifted and moved it over.... even when I got onto the hard pack it was bogging..

Gotta be a clutch thing... I'm going to see if chrisco can have a look see... maybe new spring and new belt...

I've been saying that problem is more than likely in your clutches....The soft snow the other day just added to the headache of buying used second hand junk.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I've been saying that problem is more than likely in your clutches....The soft snow the other day just added to the headache of buying used second hand junk.

not all of us have drilling money to lay down on new machines....

I ride what I can afford.... now the wife and I have twins...

98 summit.jpg

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gotta agree with trev on this one. that was the best upgrade i did when i went from the "xtra lettuce and tomato" to the 670. looks like a prety clean machine. hopefully as good as mine was for me ...... on year 5 now and havent had to do any " non self inflicted" maintenance yet.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not all of us have drilling money to lay down on new machines....

I ride what I can afford.... now the wife and I have twins...

View attachment 78546

Sorry if I sounded like a dink Bog didn't want to come across that way. The xlt is in good cosmetic shape but the headaches, time and money wasted to solve small problems and fix can get frustrating. Sometimes makes you wonder was it worth it or would have it been better to spend a little more money and get something newer?? They all have their problems though. The X looks good and hope it works out better for you than the xlt did.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Sorry if I sounded like a dink Bog didn't want to come across that way. The xlt is in good cosmetic shape but the headaches, time and money wasted to solve small problems and fix can get frustrating. Sometimes makes you wonder was it worth it or would have it been better to spend a little more money and get something newer?? They all have their problems though. The X looks good and hope it works out better for you than the xlt did.

Settle down marty.... just yankin your chain :d:d

I know what you mean.... I'll get the old girl fixed up and sold without a loss, just some frustration.

WDP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too bad its night time. we know which one is smurff because of his red sex lights!
two sleds out there with the Red sex lights, Smurff is the one thats faster, wilder, more agressive, stunting, driving on the edge. Mine, not so much! hahahaha

Top Bottom