valemount cops bored again so lets pick on some sledders again

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

And where was that checkstop at and what were they looking for? Funny don't see one sled trailer pulled over!

Sorry to hijack thread.

i am guesing near calgary somewhere by the size of highway and terrain around it, but must of been a few years ago. by the looks of the cars.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last time i took my tdg if i remember right under 500ltr does not require placards. but could be wrong might be 250.
Small containers are limited to up to 450L total and 30kg each. and don't need placards.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Small containers are limited to up to 450L total and 30kg each. and don't need placards.

been a few years for me thanks, so like they said wtf doen't need them stfu copper.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, we all know how frustrating the weekend was. But please don't punish business owners as this had nothing to do with us really. We all try hard to make a living and we sure know how much we depend on you sledders and appreciate your business. :):(

Since I started MTN sledding It seems That the valemount and golden area are quicker to hand out tickets to sledders instead of informing of a potential problem that could lead to a fine next time. I've never had a problem, and make sure before every trip I won't. BUT sledding is expensive enough and a person shouldn't have to worry about getting a fine for something that they had no idea they would get a fine for, and with a rep like that people will tend to avoid the area incase of the "what if?"
It's the same thing when a truck driver approches a scalehouse, especially ones with a bad rep, the driver would rather to avoid it than deal with the "what if". The Driver could have everything he thinks is legal, but it only takes one officer to pull out his fine tooth comb to find a mistake you didn't even think you have made, and takes away a days wage from you just because you forgot to draw a little line in your log book, and I'm speaking from experience here.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Imagine that, getting a fine because you forgot to draw a, (required by law) little line in your log book. Whats this world coming to? LOL!

seano700

Reaction score
I'm heading to Vale.
-I heard they are looking for proof of ownership, any truth to this?

-Do they need to see a plate (Mine is in my filing cabinet at home) All I have on me is the sled and insurance card. Will that be enough to keep them happy?

-Of course I will check the trailer out and ensure extra straping is on. What is the proper way to connect the breakaway?

TKS in advance for your help.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm heading to Vale.

-Do they need to see a plate (Mine is in my filing cabinet at home) All I have on me is the sled and insurance card. Will that be enough to keep them happy?

-Of course I will check the trailer out and ensure extra straping is on. What is the proper way to connect the breakaway?

You should have your regristration with you, for proof of ownership.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'm heading to Vale.

make sure your trailer is in tip top shape, all tail lights working, correct safety chains, if its dual axels be sure your beakaway works cause they will tow it for that, tiedowns have to have the weight stated by manufacturer showing. These rules are BC wide and I understand they will be doing checks in two other cominities this weekend.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
make sure your trailer is in tip top shape, all tail lights working, correct safety chains, if its dual axels be sure your beakaway works cause they will tow it for that, tiedowns have to have the weight stated by manufacturer showing. These rules are BC wide and I understand they will be doing checks in two other cominities this weekend.

Which 2 communities?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So if the stated weight capacity of the strap is visible and in an upward position but its covered by snow dust or mud, will I get a life sentence or just a huge fine. And if the RCMP or DOT officer is a bit nearsighted do I have to have a strap with bigger writing and is that jail time or just a big fine.. And if my license plate on my sled isn't visible while the sled is being transported , is that punishable by death or (common theme here), just a big fine. LOL.. Sucks how a bit of power can cause what should be an admirable endeavor into a friggen gong show. You guys speaking in support of this crap should wake up.:rant::rant::rolleyes:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if the stated weight capacity of the strap is visible and in an upward position but its covered by snow dust or mud, will I get a life sentence or just a huge fine. And if the RCMP or DOT officer is a bit nearsighted do I have to have a strap with bigger writing and is that jail time or just a big fine.. And if my license plate on my sled isn't visible while the sled is being transported , is that punishable by death or (common theme here), just a big fine. LOL.. Sucks how a bit of power can cause what should be an admirable endeavor into a friggen gong show. You guys speaking in support of this crap should wake up.:rant::rant::rolleyes:

i can somewhat agree with what you are saying but, we also have to realize that there is a bigger issue than just us out there. plates, although a bs lawfor sleds, help in id ing a machine faster and easier, load securement goes all the way to the big guys we all have to abide by the same rules, would you feel safe if a trucker tied down a mud tank with a 2" strap ahh it'll never move its heavy:eek:, nobody said that the writing has to be any size or specific way up but it must be clear and visible. drive truck for a few weeks and you will quikly learn all the bs laws. as non-commercial drivers we got relatively nothin to worry about or abide by.

chit i got a written warning in edmonton for not having my licence plate visible on my truck, earlier this year, i was wtf buddy there is 1.5ft of snoww on my road still, and was still snow on the highway it blows up when driving, doesn't matter wanna argue it and get ignorant he said and i wil call my buddies down here and the trucks getting towed and your coming with me, like what my wife cant drive it, no your the driver truck would be iompounded for evidence:eek::realmad::rant: fug you took my warning and no so politely left.
so it isn't just valemont cops. or all cops its just a few on a big power small weiner attitude trip.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they will be checking .......... BC has the olympics to pay for. Check your equipment but Bring Cash!!!

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Maybe you should just stay at home.

sledhead65

Reaction score
evidence..what evidence..? snow?? i would have asked his staff sargeants name and called the person right then and there while captain Retard was at the window.. cant stand the threats in hope you just cower..

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

Don't think anyone supports the RC bullchit. However I do support checking your equipment. We made it through in 5min. If your brakes don't work you deserve a ticket. We just don't like getting targeted as a group all the time.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think anyone supports the RC bullchit. However I do support checking your equipment. We made it through in 5min. If your brakes don't work you deserve a ticket. We just don't like getting targeted as a group all the time.

I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, it seems sometimes like, well we've got you stopped now anyway, so by god, I'm gonna find something wrong, cause I can. Hell of a big stretch between safety concerns and some of the dumm a$$ tickets handed out. The respect for the job these folks are supposed to be doing for all of our best interests really takes a licking when a few morons take these issues to the obvious conclusion that the money is the issue. And thats too bad, puts a negative spin on a positive effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom