Valemount 2009 and 2010 Conditions

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone finished the trail into Horsey we got about halfway up the creek on Dec3rd.
Just wondering if anyone has seen the alpine yet?

2005x7

Reaction score
rode chappel today. trail was very rough. the alpine was pounded out really good with a lot of wind blown areas. really had to search and get creative to find some good snow.

ONLY POLARIS

Could you identify yourself, I was wondering if you have rode out in Blue River at all. I am from Lloyd also and we are planning to go out on Dec 30.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ONLY POLARIS

Could you identify yourself, I was wondering if you have rode out in Blue River at all. I am from Lloyd also and we are planning to go out on Dec 30.

I just got back from Blue what would you like to know?

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from valemount had a epic time!!!! except I only got to ride one day:mad:....so went into clemina the frist day and went into avalanche alley road powder all day!!! no pics as we wer gona film the second day:mad: so anyhow next morning going up to allen park break stayed frozen on just enuf to push the break I though it was just the sled cold at frist but I quickly realized something was wrong stoped the sled and saw fire!!!! I managed to get it out but still a little damage. need new oil tank,breakhose,antifreeze line and new pull cord. lost a full tank of oil all over the trail too sorry guys.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello

Very cold day up on the hill today.

Conditions were a bit off this weekend with the cold weather last week and high winds. There was excellent snow available for those willing to get off the beaten path, but the common areas and trails are ridden for sure. We could use some snow, but their is lots left.

I would have to say that Clemina still has the best conditions of the main areas and lots of good riding left within.

Quiet out there today with only 27 riders at Allan and 40 at Clemina, Chappell saw a total of 37 riders this weekend..........

My thermometer on my pack limits out at -30 and she was pinned today, but the forecast is looking good for next week.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres a lot of steep terrain above your head and those trees are small for a reason. Please be careful out there.:beer:

yes there wer a fue spots that allready slid we all had beacons probes and shovels and avy bag in the future as the climbing is gettin addictive

2005x7

Reaction score

I just got back from Blue what would you like to know?

I normally ride in Valemount area but would like to try Blue River
Where do you recommend to stay there?

Where do you recommend to ride there or is there someone out there who we could hook up with to lead us in the right direction.

Thanks

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off, stay at the Glacier MOuntain Lodge( S & M site sponsor)- Lex will take care of all your sledding needs. Blue has it all alpine(north blue & Holy grail, Red Sands). boondocking is every where from ground hog(Finn Creek), foam Lake and salmon to mention some. All depends what ya want. I good guy to speak to on this site is dooryder (local young man) full of knowledge and will help you out. Anything else you need just ask.

Tom

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ONLY POLARIS

my names Stephen. i have not rode blue river, only mcbride and valemount.

Top Bottom