Used sled prices

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of this blame lies on financing. There will be lots of buyers remorse in the next year or so, seeing it already on Kijijii, go look at the sleds 200-500 kms, search 2023 Ski Doo Summit and there's like 5 on the first page alone. Gone are the buy high and sell high or higher days I think. High interest rates, high energy rates, crappy winter. Gonna be a lot of sore bums next fall when people realize the dealers that sold them huge mark ups are now selling brand new year old stock for substantially less than what these guys owe on their current sled. People like to think they are in charge but the last 3 years for sure, the dealers dictated the terms, not the buyer. Already seeing deals on 2023s from dealers for $17K (non-turbo's) and watching them unload another truck full when I stopped by Wed.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pay cash for your toys thats what i had been taught i mean a small loan never hurt but dont roll in somewhere 0 down 28 grand sled in the truck on tbe way home and expect to do well, minimum down payments should be needed just to protect people and the banks.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased extended warranty from a third party when I bought my 2014 m8 witch came with 1 year. I paid $2600 for 4 extra years. It was not worth the paper it was written on you needed to be a lawyer to get them to fix anything. I ended up canceling and was charged over $500 cancellation fee
Has any one had much experience with a claim on these aftermarket extended warranty’s? With sleds getting so complicated I wonder if it will be like the plans for a lot of equipment, things like mechanical power train are covered but a lot of electronics aren’t and that’s what tends to fail Will components like the G5 screens actually be covered?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased extended warranty from a third party when I bought my 2014 m8 witch came with 1 year. I paid $2600 for 4 extra years. It was not worth the paper it was written on you needed to be a lawyer to get them to fix anything. I ended up canceling and was charged over $500 cancellation fee
IWS five year plan on my wildcat XX. They replace torn boots. Wheel bearings. Every moving part except for brake pads and belts. Greatest thing I ever bought. Funny thing is everyone told me the wildcat was a POS. I drive the ch!t out of mine 2000 miles and I’ve never fixed a thing lol.

wolfer

Reaction score
My first sled was the 1995 Touring LE. 2up seat, huge windshield and put so many miles on that thing learning to carve around fields and ride ditches. That thing never missed a beat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7CDCD177-D074-4153-B538-C4B347747188.jpeg

Here’s my 1995 ice fishing sled 👍

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you paid $2600 for a warranty that had an expiry date, then you cancelled your warranty and were charged $500 more? Could not have just let the warranty expire and saved $500.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of this blame lies on financing. There will be lots of buyers remorse in the next year or so, seeing it already on Kijijii, go look at the sleds 200-500 kms, search 2023 Ski Doo Summit and there's like 5 on the first page alone. Gone are the buy high and sell high or higher days I think. High interest rates, high energy rates, crappy winter. Gonna be a lot of sore bums next fall when people realize the dealers that sold them huge mark ups are now selling brand new year old stock for substantially less than what these guys owe on their current sled. People like to think they are in charge but the last 3 years for sure, the dealers dictated the terms, not the buyer. Already seeing deals on 2023s from dealers for $17K (non-turbo's) and watching them unload another truck full when I stopped by Wed.
Yes sir… I see 850 165 3” NA models mid $17… on floor. Snow check is just around the corner!

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked this Skandic up from an older lady, $1000. Needs a seat, otherwise runs like a champ.
What a beauty! Is it a '96? I bought a '96 skandic500 back in 1997 and finally got rid of it last year. Great camp sleds.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was 8000km it would probably be like 10g

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
175's are usually the lowest priced on the used market from what I've seen over the years.

Top Bottom