Turn off your christmas lights !!!!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My ol lady sent me a text today saying she was going to set her lights up. Brought out the inner scrooge in me real quick.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That reminds me. I was told to put lights up today.

sent from a phone

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just put ours up yesterday but thankfully my wife read my mind and said no need to turn them on so early and I agreed! Our last hydro bill was $425 like holy crap!!!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just put ours up yesterday but thankfully my wife read my mind and said no need to turn them on so early and I agreed! Our last hydro bill was $425 like holy crap!!!

Got too many lights shining on too many 'trees' or what?

:D:D

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got too many lights shining on too many 'trees' or what?

:D:D

no it is called "too many women" in the house :cool: for whatever reason, wife included, they dont know how to use a light switch even though I showed them it moves up and down. Pretty remarkable technology. lol

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
and apparently it is easier to leave the curling irons/ straighteners turned on than to have to wait for them to heat up....why are 3 needed???? if I asked I'd have to listen to the answer, so why bother... The boy and I have 4 of them to deal with 13, 16, 20 & Not sure I'm allowed to say....

no it is called "too many women" in the house :cool: for whatever reason, wife included, they dont know how to use a light switch even though I showed them it moves up and down. Pretty remarkable technology. lol

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and apparently it is easier to leave the curling irons/ straighteners turned on than to have to wait for them to heat up....why are 3 needed???? if I asked I'd have to listen to the answer, so why bother... The boy and I have 4 of them to deal with 13, 16, 20 & Not sure I'm allowed to say....

Well atleast you have a male in the family. I have 3 daughters - although 2 have them have "moved out" but seem to like the free food in the fridge. As for curling irons and straighteners, omg dont get me going on those things. The other day one was sitting on the counter and I grabbed it and ouch! Grrr LOL!!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got all our lights up today. Not my idea at all. Good thing they are all led.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont own any christmas lights and no intentions to own any either. Christmas will come soon enough without them. call me scrouge or whatever but the headache of chrismas lights isnt worth it.

First off you have to find or design a decent way to hang them
Then deal with burned out lights
Run extension cords
package them up for storage or just throw them away, Not sure you shouldnt just throw them anyways since only half or less work the following year when you take them out of storage.
Its usually friggin blowing and cold as chit when you hang them up.

Its just not worth it in my book

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a wife that said the lights must be up before the snow flies, damn I was so close. She made me put them up yesterday. But they do look nice with all the snow.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife and kids set them up last week. Then I get the we need 6 extension cords. Like Wtf. So I look at the electrical nightmare they have going on and now have to reroute the lights cords ect..... Couldn't just wait till I had time to do it next year right.....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife and kids set them up last week. Then I get the we need 6 extension cords. Like Wtf. So I look at the electrical nightmare they have going on and now have to reroute the lights cords ect..... Couldn't just wait till I had time to do it next year right.....
6 CORDS! Bawahahaha! Should only take 10 or 12 minutes to turn them on every night...LOL.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya considering there is only one out side plug on the house. And its on the wrong side too..... Friggin 50 footer around the house. Oh and FYI. I now have no cords to plug vehicles in. Mabe Santa will bring me some so i have too many for summer

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well 5 between the lights and one main to feed. Lol didn't know u can tie them together. And well there is the lights on the deck,two trees,a deer and Santa that lights up, and 3 candy cains that light up.... U see the problem

Top Bottom