I bet that'll mess with an Avy Beacon

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered two more Baofengs off of Dave.
Went to make all 4 of my radios the same. And just sitting at the kitchen table testing a few channels.
When I plug in the mic or push the PTT on the mic (only happens with the one radio, won't work through the other 3). One of the kids toys in the living room about 15ft away turns on

rsmorin1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to make all 4 of my radios the same. And just sitting at the kitchen table testing a few channels.
When I plug in the mic or push the PTT on the mic (only happens with the one radio, won't work through the other 3). One of the kids toys in the living room about 15ft away turns on

BILTIT enters the chat :LOL:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

if you can talk through the toy it would be an awesome way to screw with your kid.....

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chinese spy ware, there’s a good chance TikTok is installed on that radio😃

Reactions: RXN

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha.....thats funny!
Biltit arrives with deep fake conspiracy ...... exposing the plotting and collusion from the dark web.....
I arrived but did nothing of the sort. Guess there is a pack of dilusional folks on this site, they just need to look in the mirror to figure out who it really is.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you think it would interfer with an avalanche beacon? The toy probably uses a similar frequency to the radio but the avy beacon is far apart on the spectrum. In addition the avy beacon is transmitting most of the time and not recieving. Try it to see for sure.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you think it would interfer with an avalanche beacon? The toy probably uses a similar frequency to the radio but the avy beacon is far apart on the spectrum. In addition the avy beacon is transmitting most of the time and not recieving. Try it to see for sure.
I'm going to have to. You never know.
I was to lazy to go get my beacon and try it (I put everything away already).

Years ago I tested how my cell phone and inreach interfered with my beacon. But never the radio.

Thought it was neat when it would activate that toy. And only that one radio would do it and only with the mic.

Top Bottom