I bet that'll mess with an Avy Beacon

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I arrived but did nothing of the sort. Guess there is a pack of dilusional folks on this site, they just need to look in the mirror to figure out who it really is.
There is definitely a pack of folks on this site that contribute nothing about sledding, sxs's, or really anything about either snow or mud.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I guess you would have to ask Ron and mods why there are sections on this site for things other than Snow&Mud...
gotta back this.....I give as little as many to the snow and mud end of things. though I do read the threads, get tons of info that I need and occasionally chime in on things I may know something about I'm largely here for the banter and off topic threads. nothing wrong with that....though I don't think we need to be hijacking a guys thread about his radio hijacking his kids toys.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post#2 was the derail....imagine that. Not sure how i was brought into this discussion.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post#2 was the derail....imagine that. Not sure how i was brought into this discussion.
I guess your reputation precedes you....

anyways back on topic. If you play with your kids toy, is there any interference on the Baofang radio?

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
one of my rare on topic posts....maybe turn your beacon to search and hit the mic and see if it reacts. or put it near a beacon outside somewhere and try to search it and see if it interferes

Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess your reputation precedes you....

anyways back on topic. If you play with your kids toy, is there any interference on the Baofang radio?
Nope. Just the one radio and only with the mic. Unplug the mic. And there's interference. Plug that same mic into any of the other 3 radios on the same frequency and there's no interference.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Googled avalanche beacon frequency.

1000002701.jpg

I was using 156.400mhz
On the radios.
Again until I muster up the energy to go dig the beacons out of storage and toss batteries in them. Testing how the radio interferes will have to wait.

Top Bottom