Trike insurance in Alberta

Peter Gill

Reaction score
Help! Anyone know where I could get liability insurance for an old Honda Big Red trike? In BC I can use it on Crown Land without insurance, but not here so it's confined to the yard.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your insurance policy is hasnt lapsed you can renew in alberta but they wont start new policies on trike.period.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just ride it, who cares, joe police officer aint out on crown land anyway, its to far from a Tim Hortons for them to be bothered

Help! Anyone know where I could get liability insurance for an old Honda Big Red trike? In BC I can use it on Crown Land without insurance, but not here so it's confined to the yard.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard there are insurance companies that will insure them but they crank the price to where it is more than the trike is worth. I would try to register and insure it as a home built ATV.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just ride it, who cares, joe police officer aint out on crown land anyway, its to far from a Tim Hortons for them to be bothered

Joe Police Officer is making more and more of a presence on crown land.

Trikeman

Reaction score
All insurance companies put money into a fund to insure high risk situations( our awesome choice of machine). One arm of this outfit is called Nordic insurance. It costs me $116 + registration / year.

• Thanks
Reactions: LBZ

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just so you know.....liability insurance IS required by law on any Forest Service Road in BC. for any motorized vehicle other than snowmobiles. Non-gazetted roads are OK without insurance, but it's almost impossible to get to one without using an FSR.

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
I have seen plenty of trail side check stops checking for reg., and insurance. all of you who think you can get away without it, have fun with the hefty fines and court

Last edited:
Top Bottom