Trail Fee Increase.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes sicamous went up to 25 for a day pass...

Seasons pass stayed the same for this year, and will have a early spring buy a pass at the same price for next year ... But will be higher next year...

Also we went ahead I think with a 60.00, 3 consecutive day pass ( so if ur here 3 days it's the same as last year)

Trail pass had to go up as club just broke even last year, and had to pay groomers, trail pass takers ect more this year

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone on here ever ran a groomer? what do they burn for fuel? Just think every enclosed that pulls in the parking lot is a $100 bill for the club..

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Costs our club on average $100/hr to run the groomer and that's with donated time.

anyone on here ever ran a groomer? what do they burn for fuel? Just think every enclosed that pulls in the parking lot is a $100 bill for the club..

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

diesel and lots of it, I'll see if I can find the stats for the Alberta Beach trails, which has very little elevation change as compared to some of the hard pulls groomers on trails such as Renshaw would have.

Maybe we can get an estimate as to what HotRod burns every time he does Renshaw?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Turns out to be roughly 250$ an hour operating cost I believe. And a 25 trail takes 8 hours? So 2000$ for big trails I could be totally off just what I heard along time ago

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At Whitecourt we estimate about $15.00 per KM. We do about 450 KM with two BR 350 SnoCats. Cost would be higher in mountains with mostly steep grades and more snow. Trail passes are cheap relative to cost of grooming!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
That's about the same as ours. Takes 18hr to groom 125km at a cost of about $1800 each trip

At Whitecourt we estimate about $15.00 per KM. We do about 450 KM with two BR 350 SnoCats. Cost would be higher in mountains with mostly steep grades and more snow. Trail passes are cheap relative to cost of grooming!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fernie's grooming worked out to $1000/groom. Our total cost was $41,500 and we groomed 41 days/evenings for a total of 2343 kms. Fuel/groom was $188. We pay operators and trail pass vendors and those costs are included.

We own our groomer and our towing apparatus. So it is all us and no contractors. We started with volunteers but it didn't work on a regular basis over the entire season, so instead of continually looking for an operator on short notice, we decided to pay operators and we have 4 very dependable, caring individuals. Grooming 4 times/week this year and expenses will be up 25%. We think we can doo it with the present fees and membership numbers. We will put our trail pass vendors out one more day this year and that should make up the difference.

Yes, the whiners are ridiculous. It is absolutely unbelievable what the trail pass vendors have to put up with. It is interesting that the most of, if not all, the whiners are locals!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With current gas prices I'd be filling the barrels for the winter grooming season!!

$25....$5 per hour to have the time of your life....priceless.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 extra bucks makes no difference when guys already pay thousands for sleds, trucks, trailer, hotels, and fuel. It's really just a drop in the bucket when you think about it that way. I've only ever rode one freshly groomed trail in my life and I'll be happy to pay to experience that more often!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 extra bucks makes no difference when guys already pay thousands for sleds, trucks, trailer, hotels, and fuel. It's really just a drop in the bucket when you think about it that way. I've only ever rode one freshly groomed trail in my life and I'll be happy to pay to experience that more often!

ya but thats like 5$ cash. cant finance that

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thing I bought the Eco diesel, all the money I'm saving on diesel I can spend on trail passes, that's if the Eco has enough power to pull a trailer through the mountains......

Top Bottom